1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

John Stocker

Discussion in 'The Voice Actors Appreciation Society' started by Egon1982, Feb 8, 2017.

1. Egon1982

Egon1982 Member

Any fans of this voice actor? one of my faves since i was a kid for 30 years since he voiced Newton Gimmick on Teddy Ruxpin and Beasly on Care Bears.

He was also Graydon on X-Men TAS, Mr Monitor/that Squealer from Beetlejuice, Melvin in 2 episodes of Tales from the Cryptkeeper, Toad on Super Mario Brothers cartoons, Fungus on Stunt Dawgs, on Barbar, Thompson in TinTin and more.

2. Mandouga

Mandouga Well-Known Member

That should be "Babar".

Anyway, I've heard of him. He also voiced Toad's "replacement" Oogtar in Super Mario World.

3. zoombie

zoombie Well-Known Member

Also a voice over director, most notably he directed some of the DIC Sailor Moon dub, and the movies to, he also voiced the henchmen in the Super S movie.

Also at one point he voiced Serena's father, I don't know if it was during the Terri Hawkes era, if so Beastly was Shreaky's dad for a bit, that is kind of weird.

One of the reason the last Care Bears cartoon failed because they bought Beastly back, but didn't have John voice him.

They had some of the old Sailor Moon cast at cons, I swear to god, if I was there, and got a chance to meet John, I would just ask him all about Beastly and the Care Bears, I wouldn't care if it was indented to talk about the old Sailor Moon dub.