1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

John Lennon

Discussion in 'The Musiquarium' started by Spiritinthesky, Oct 9, 2015.

1. Spiritinthesky

Spiritinthesky New Member

2. Toon Master

Toon Master Active Member

I'm listening to some Lennon tracks right now. There are some really great underrated ones like "You Are Here" and "Old Dirt Road." Also, I highly recommend "Out the Blue" which is one of his best solo songs that nobody ever talks about. He wasn't perfect. Nobody is perfect. Whatever faults he had deep down he seemed like a genuine guy and through his music we all got to know him. He was relaxed and ready to go in 1980 when he was taken away by that scumbag. Thanks for the music John. We really need to "Give Peace a Chance" more than ever these days.

3. Rexedgeltoe

Rexedgeltoe New Member

I didn't like that beatles song imagine, I thought he was someone who boosted off religion, then he just got super cynical about it in that one song.. still wish he was still around and writing for miley cyrus!

4. DarkAngel

DarkAngel Lord Vader

It was one of his solo efforts, and not a Beatles song. I might be misunderstanding what you mean by "boosted off religion", but I don't think John was ever pro-religion in his songs during the Beatles days, or religiously pre-occupied much. He was the one to create that stir when he said the Beatles were more popular than Jesus Christ. Don't see anything inconsistent between Imagine and what we'd seen of him from the Beatles period up to his death.

Toon Master, you're right that John appeared to be in a very different place when he died in 1980. It felt like his anger and pain had slipped away, and that he'd found peace and a sense of who he was. So, yeah, so unfortunate that we didn't get to see what he would have done next. A Beatles reunion would have happened, and it would have been something to see what Lennon and McCartney would have produced. Such a shame that John and Paul didn't crash SNL, as they were on the verge of doing. Alas, they didn't realize it would have been their only opportunity to appear together publicly post-Beatles.