1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

John Delaney's Sketch of the Week #54

Discussion in 'Comic Book Culture' started by Colin, Mar 17, 2003.

?

Which character would you like to see John Delaney sketch?

Poll closed Mar 22, 2003.
  1. Livewire (Supes)

9 vote(s)
    3.6%
  2. Silver Surfer

18 vote(s)
    7.2%
  3. Doctor Scratch-n-Sniff (Animaniacs)

4 vote(s)
    1.6%
  4. Alucard (Hellsing)

20 vote(s)
    8.0%
  5. Black Cat (Marvel)

27 vote(s)
    10.8%
  6. The Dodo (Porky in Wackyland)

21 vote(s)
    8.4%
  7. Master Shake

64 vote(s)
    25.5%
  8. Hiei (Yu Yu Hakusho)

59 vote(s)
    23.5%
  9. Cleopatra (Clone High)

7 vote(s)
    2.8%
  10. Sonic the Hedgehog (VG)

22 vote(s)
    8.8%
  1. Colin

Colin Oh... this is not good.
    Staff Member Administrator

Welcome to "John Delaney's Sketch of the Week"!

The Intro
    Out of the kindness of his art, John Delaney is doing something big for the fans - an exclusive weekly sketch for the fans who frequent Toon Zone!

Every week, he will draw a new picture based on the results of the poll. That means that *we* fans choose what the image will be!

The Low Down:
    The contest will begin every Monday, and end at 5pm Eastern the following Friday, giving fans a solid five days to choose. You can only vote ONCE! John will then draw the sketch over the weekend and we'll present at the beginning of the following week. The characters must be animation/comic characters drawn in the Animated style, and if you have any requests for future polls, send me an email with your ideas! Keep an eye out on the Comics Forum for all the latest action!

You can also post your thoughts on the poll in this thread.

The Rules:
    We ask that all users encourage each other to abide by the rules.

Rule #1
    Respect others on the boards. It's one thing to disagree with the opinions of others and discuss it. It's another to insult them by verbally bashing the choices of the poll. Do not insult any choices on the poll.

Rule #2
    If rule 1 cannot be adhered to, you will be warned. If the situation happens again, banning will occur. There is no strike three.

Rule #3
    The moderators reserve the right to suspend the poll for a week (or more) if they deem that the situation warrants.

Rule #4
    Campaigning is allowed and encouraged, but in consideration of everyone with slower connections, all images should be thumbnailed. If an image program is not available to assist in that, then they must be linked to. Any post with images larger than 300 pixels in width, will have to be deleted.

Requests:
    Keep on sending requests in!!! If there's a character you'd like to see back on the poll again, send requests for that, too. Please keep in mind, if a character has won a previous poll, he or she is not eligible for future polls (unless certain circumstances apply... i.e. Batman & Superman in a group JL Shot). Send all requests to delaney_requests@toonzone.net. Do NOT send them via Private Message. Any requests sent in via Private Message are not considered for the polls.

The Gallery:
    Make sure to take a look at the Gallery, which collects all the images done for this poll.

Got all of that? Great! Let the voting begin on "John Delaney's Sketch of the Week"!

2. blee337

blee337 Shoot the Core!!!!

Gotta support the Video games. Sonic!!!!!!!

3. StrangerAtaru

StrangerAtaru Hey, I want to be Ussop!

Not too much out there on the poll this week for me, so I decided to throw my support towards the three-eyed demon of YYH. I just like Hiei for some reason and wouldn't mind if he won this poll. But if Alucard or Sonic win, that would be good too.

4. Theking

Theking Very cute Lego Babe.

Well I was really into Animaniacs when it was first running so I will go with the Doctor.

TheKing

5. Cogliostro

Cogliostro Finish it...

I had to go with the No Life King....Alucard of Hellsing. It would be amazing if he won but I don't think there are enough fans here at TZ for him to win :(

For those that don't know who to vote for or just going to randomly pick or something PLEASE pick Alucard every vote will help. ;)

For those that have yet to see Alucard from Hellsing take a look at these few pictures from the Manga before voting: Hang on trying to find pictures I can actually link you to.

#5 Cogliostro, Mar 17, 2003
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 17, 2003
  6. Catlover

Catlover C'mon! Let's Dance, Baby!

I had to vote for Sonic the hedgehog because he's my all-time favorite video game charactor. If you want to make catlover happy .....

Vote for Sonic.

7. Reed Richards

Reed Richards Mr. Fantastic

CLEARLY Silver Surfer is the right choice this week

8. Dee

Dee What?

this is weird... I dont know who MOST these characters are

9. JTurner954

JTurner954 Paradigm City, USA

I'm undecided between the following:

Livewire (Supes), Black Cat (Marvel), Hiei (Yu Yu Hakusho), Master Shake, and Sonic the Hedgehog (VG).

My "different interpretation" rule doesn't seem to apply this time so I don't know who to vote for yet (though I am close to voting for Live Wire). Help me decide.

10. Ruffian

Ruffian f.k.a. Twilight

Black Cat for me, she's one of my favorite Marvel characters. My other choice would have been Scratch-n-sniff. :)

11. Barb Gordon

Barb Gordon Nin-Mod

Most of these are familiar, but not entirely well known characters to me. But of the lot, I was moved to go for Silver Surfer.

~Barb

12. 2Divine

2Divine Just Another Heavenly Body...

Ha!
    I had to vote for Master Shake! Whatta riot!

13. Catlover

Catlover C'mon! Let's Dance, Baby!

I'd say vote for Sonic the Hedgehog. :)

14. Lucky Bob

Lucky Bob I'M BRIAN BLESSED

Dodo! Dodo! Dodo!

[​IMG]

15. LazyReaper

LazyReaper I'm weird. You wanna doubt it?

I don't usually reply to these, but.... go BLACK CAT! :D :D

-Aximlli-

16. Joe Tully

Joe Tully I want the toilet seat.

Voted Silver Surfer. For some reason, reading the name conjured up some images of him from a guest-appearance in the short-lived ClanDestine series that looked spectacular. He had this look of noble indifference that looked sort-of godlike. I wish I had a picture but I can't find an image online, and even if I could find the comic, I don't have a scanner.

17. Donna lady

Donna lady Samurai Jack attack!

You're not the only one, Delia. :confused:

18. Spastic Minnow

Spastic Minnow bringing kawaii back

Can't make up my mind here.

Master Shake is my favorite character here, but heck, I could draw a picture of him, why waste John's time, so I don't think I'll vote for him. I'll show my support for ATHF if Dr. Weird and Steve ever show up.

I'm tempted to vote for Dodo for the possible surreal aspect, Scratch-n-sniff for old times sake, Black Cat because I think John could do a really nice job with her or Cleopatra because I've recently been enjoying Clone High so much.

Really torn on this one.

19. Lucky Bob

Lucky Bob I'M BRIAN BLESSED

Ask him:

[​IMG]

VOTE DODO!

20. Majin_Megabyte

Majin_Megabyte Ice Witch

Vote for Hiei because He and his partner Kurama are some of the coolest anime Characters of all time and vote for Hiei.