1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

John Delaney's Sketch of the Week #30

Discussion in 'Comic Book Culture' started by Colin, Jul 22, 2002.

?

Which character would you like to see John Delaney sketch?

Poll closed Jul 27, 2002.
  1. Vash the Stampede (Trigun)

45 vote(s)
    19.7%
  2. Stitch (Lilo & Stitch)

17 vote(s)
    7.5%
  3. Charlie Brown

14 vote(s)
    6.1%
  4. Billie (Pinky & the Brain)

10 vote(s)
    4.4%
  5. Jubilee (Generation X)

13 vote(s)
    5.7%
  6. Supergirl

67 vote(s)
    29.4%
  7. Gir (Invader Zim)

36 vote(s)
    15.8%
  8. Robot Jones

3 vote(s)
    1.3%
  9. Bowser (Super Mario Bros.)

14 vote(s)
    6.1%
  10. Viper (Jackie Chan Adventures)

9 vote(s)
    3.9%
  1. James Harvey

James Harvey The World's Finest
    Staff Member Administrator Moderator Reporter

There's no need for that comment, Delia97. No need at all. There's no reason to carry this grudge against the Supergirl character becuase she had more votes that some of the previous MIB choices from 15 or 14 polls back. I recommend you take another look at Colin's post he has up in this forum. It's those kind of comments that puts this poll in danger. So please, be more considerate.

On a more lighter note, I'm glad to see Supergirl finally get her due. This win has been a long time coming and I'm glad to see all the fan shave stuck in there to the bitter end.

2. VashTheStampede

VashTheStampede Active Member

:( Thats how I feel right now for losing. But I must remember my chance will come again, and remember that the world is made of LOVE and PEACE!!!

3. Dalamar13

Dalamar13 The Crawling Chaos

Well, sorry for bringing up the supergirls been drawn question. I didn't know that it wasn't for the poll. Oh well, Vash will win next time he's up.

4. Dee

Dee What?

You sure missed that line. You know no matter what we can't help but drool over what John draws and Im sorry you missed that praise for it. Even Supergirl will be an amazing work of art because this is John's art.

I was making a joke but I guess you saw it as a bitter remark rather than a bitter joke. Gee. I guess it was kinda one of those "Niles" from the 'Nanny' (forgive for the television reference) things. Him and that chick-- Cici (spelled right?) always had those things. Did they kill each other over it? No.

The only grudge I carry is the fact that Supergirl has gotten into what--- 7 of these polls? I bet there are people who would have liked to see a decent cycle through before seeing her in again--- but who am I to talk? I don't care what MIB she beat--- despite the fact that she herself didn't win in any particular poll against any MIBs. Did I hate the winner of those? No. We all still drool over the art. I don't have a vendetta against Colin. I know we got a John freebie--- John's just too darn good to us. I dont despise anyone here--- well-- maybe the chick on the other thread that straight out said "Elle sucks" (and worse) like 5 times in one post. No one can really get me to hate them---- unless they try really hard like that one poster did.

It's no biggie. We all get ---argumentive--- and with a passion when it comes to a poll and I dont take offense. Heck--- if people got touchy over the presidential Elections--- we'd have a Civil war going.

Sorry I managed to upset everyone so I guess I wont bother coming by here again because I just know I'll make a remark that people will despise me for.

5. James Harvey

Just a little fact info here before I drop this for good. The reason why Supergirl is in these polls so frequently is becuase alot of people email her in as a request - and I mean ALOT. She is a very popular choice and TZ gets tonnes and tonnes and tonnes of requests to have her featured in the poll. There's a loyal fanbase for Supergirl out there, and they email us with their suggestion - Supergirl. I'm sure if more people emailed in for MIB characters, the exact same thing would happen.

And I'm done with this.

6. James

James Administrator
    Staff Member Moderator

Darn, I've been away and missed the poll. Nevermind. Supergirl is always a favourite. I think i'd have voted for Jubilee though - always fun to vote for something fresh, and I always seemed to support thr underdog... :)

7. Dee

Dee What?

Barry Allen

I know--- I try but no one cares to listen even when Elle or someone DOES make it into a poll. I've pretty much given up on that.

And I said I was sorry in my last post above--- but does it warrant this Private message? This one was sent to me from BARRY ALLEN:

Hey, sorry I said sorry, barry. No need to be that way about it.

storm1288 sent me a super nice PM and went on apologizing for saying something--- and I've yet to figure out what had been said lol. At least Storm is nice. We chatted on AOL IM and we know there's nothing harsh ever. It's all the heat of the poll--- but gee whiz, Barry. No need for THAT one.

Hope we have one heck of a drawing at the start of the week because we've got a lot of bother to show for our poll--- but knowing John, It's totally gonna rule.

I hope at least someone colors it for you guys like that Captain America one from a few polls back.

-Delia97

8. DisneyBoy

DisneyBoy Searchin' My Soul

wow.

I'm happy and sad at the same time. I'm glad that Supergirl won, but I'm disappointed that the mods had to step in to remind everyone to calm down. I've been without the net this summer, so I mostly have no clue what's been going on with you guys, but I really hope the campaigning will cease. I've done it too, believe me, but the more we argue over who wins, the more we lose - respect for each other, for John and for ourselves. I'm sure things will turn around now, and I hope John will continue to honor us with his talent for as long as he possibly can. Toonzone is a special place. I'm glad to be here.

9. Jor-El

Jor-El Krypton is doomed.

My choice finally wins!

And Delia, I would like to point out that I had intended to keep the matter private between us. That is why I Private Messaged you. As I understand, (correct me if I am mistaken,) isn't the posting of a private message without the other party's consent against the rules, or illegal? That's as bad as posting an email to a person who should not receive it, or leaving a tape recorder running in a room without letting people know, and continuing to tape without their consent. Evidence like that does not hold up in court because it is ill-gotten.

I would also like to point out, beyond all the rules and questions of legality surrounding your quoting an intentionally private note, that you were the one who chose to bring it to the boards. Not me.

I am sorry you all had to read that. I apologize for the thoughtlessness on both her behalf and on mine.

Now let me continue to celebrate the fact that my choice won!! :bosko:

10. Dee

Dee What?

Do you really think I care anymore Barry? I said Im not gonna be here next poll or ANY future poll and I found the fact that you sent me that PM to be REALLY poor of choice. Worse than any crack I could have come up with--- Espically the part at the end with "I, for one, will not be sorry to see you go. Enjoy your fantasy worlds in which MIB is popular."

hey I KNOW Im gone totally now for this, But im not gonna leave toonzone and let you be like THAT to me. Sore Winner.

If you're gonna be like that to ANYONE-- do it in public. No one likes hidden rudeness.

Sorry for ALL of this now, Jim Harvey. I know i'm pretty much gone from all Toonzone for this but before I went I just wanted to bring to light how people really act. Im not always the only one at fault.

Hope you guys dont punish everyone for this poll with delayed polls. They didn't deserve it.

And sorry, John.

#250 Dee, Jul 26, 2002
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 8, 2008
  11. Reed Richards

Reed Richards Mr. Fantastic

Delia--

While you have said some rather disparaging remarks in the past about Supergirl and her loyal fans, I am sorry to see you go before John was allowed to sketch Ellie or the MIB

-Reed

12. Dark Vicious

Dark Vicious The Friendly Neighborhood Jerk

So is Delia97 kick off if so I am very sad to see her go

13. Auro

Auro I Saw You Eat That Squirrell!

Nutbunnies! I really wanted to see Stitch when, I don't really care for Supergirl but still Delanys talent could turn me into a fanatic. I see her aided as some low-brow sidekick to boost popularity in the female and puberty stricken boy demographic XD; Anyway she is an okay character but I would have rather seen Stitch or even Gir win. At least both have a monumental fan art base for me to run too :D

14. James Harvey

So is Delia97 kick off if so I am very sad to see her go

As far as I know, she's not.

Anywho, let's just move onward and leave this past ugly business behind. There's really nothing else to say. Discussion on the voctor, etc can still continue of course.

As for Stitch...who knows...maybe we'll see him again the future. I wouldn't be surprised :)

15. czyznyck99

czyznyck99 Active Member

The "voctor," Jim?

What is a voctor?

(I know you meant "victor," I'm just bugging you :p .)

This weekly poll thing is choas. More excitement than most of my Friday afternoons. That's pretty bad.

Later.

16. Storm

Storm Active Member

All that drama!!!!!

I agree. It was like a soap opera :p Anyway I hope things cool down and we can be a happy family again :D

(starts singing "We are Family")

17. James Harvey

voctor

Ah cruel fate...I'm actually a real good speller...just a horrible typist. Crud. I'm sure next week's installment will be less chaotic than this one. But ya gotta lov the outcome of this week's poll...'yay' again for Supergirl...

18. Mattashell

Mattashell Before punk,there were NUGGETS

I'm glad to here there'll be one! :)

19. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Let's Get Dangerous

Hold on there DB, campaigning is encouraged on this poll (just read rule #4 in Colin's introductory post). The problem is when arguments break out and people start complaining about poll choices or insulting characters (or worse, fellow posters). I hope it doesn't happen again but you can't just cease campaigning altogether. What would be the fun in that?

20. James Harvey

Campaigning is allowed and enouraged. We've had some mighty creative campaigns pop up here that were fun and extremely convincing. But when it gets out of hands, and leads to bashing of the other choices, other posters, that's when we gotta step in and take measures. And campaigning is part of the fun. Even John likes that aspect of the poll!