JLU Rules the Ratings

Discussion in 'The DC Animation Forum' started by EJill34, Sep 21, 2005.

1. EJill34

EJill34 Member

2. Silly McGooses

Silly McGooses New Member

WOOT! I hope this means a fourth season of JLU. I'm surprised a new 10:30 episode would get better ratings than a 10:00 new episode of the same show...

3. Casey Mack

Casey Mack New Member

alot of shows had great rateings but got pulled anyway. After awhile CN would just give it the samurai Jack routine.

4. Casey Mack

Casey Mack New Member

i would not say Cn had no faith in the show, but wanted us to have no faith in it. I think Cn wants to make room for some new show they got cooking up, and JLU is takeing up space.

5. Silly McGooses

Silly McGooses New Member

gotta make room for future classics like bo bo bo bo bo bo bobo bobobo bo or whatever the heck that show's called...

anyhow, i was always under the impression that this show was really struggling in the ratings...aparently it's not, it's just that CN is giving it a total shaft.

6. MJC

MJC New Member

JLU has always gotten pretty good ratings. I don't know why people think it doesn't.

7. Doomsday

Doomsday Superman`s Killer

Pretty awesome news. Lets see this week if JLU can take out a new episode of TT which got promotion and at a better time. To bad I work until 10 but thank god I got tivo, best device ever made since the creation of tv itself.

8. CyberCubed

CyberCubed Active Member

Maybe with CN's obsession for the perfect ratings they'll realise that they should renew JLU for a 4th season.

9. JLfan4life

JLfan4life New Member

that's great news!! i hope this leads to a 4th season! :D

10. The Flash

The Flash Fastest Man Alive Moderator

Don't count your chickens before they....

Or however it goes. Season 4? I wouldn't wait for that miracle to happen if I were you guys.

11. warmachine04

warmachine04 No Evil Shall Escape My Sight

With all this buzz of the Legion of Doom, I wasn't surprised that it did that well. :D

12. Teo

Teo I've made a huge mistake . . .

Well, it's not a guarantee of a new season, but it does give some ammo for the show being renewed. I mean, it's not impossible for CN to cancel a top rated show, but it might be enough to make them take a second look. It's good news even if it isn't "season 4" news.

13. Sue

Sue Hawk Groupie

If Cartoon Network gets tired of JL/U (even despite good ratings), they oughta sell it to the Sci-Fi Channel ;)

14. A.J

A.J New Member

This is awesome news. I never had any doubt about JLU ratings and I think its a great slap on CN´s face. I mean what is wrong with them about this NO PUBLICITY at all for such a good show. Dont they value the talents behind it? What a lack of respect :mad:.

15. Grimlock

Grimlock New Member

Okay, so who can answer why CN would cancel a show that gets such great ratings?

Merchandising? There's tons of JLU stuff out there for kids to buy.

And even if they *don't* sell a ton of merchandise, you're telling me show's like "The Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy" or whatever it's called sells MORE merchandise?

No way.

So why would they cancel a show that does this well?

16. I.R Joey

I.R Joey Yep my face got stuck this way

One question that nobody has asked but means the world.

JLU got good ratings, but with which demographics?

17. Happy

Happy Spelled Correctly

Whats more is that JL/JLU get no air time on weekdays. Despite the good ratings Cartoon Network does not think it is worthy of the main schedule. Probably becuase it isn't just a black and white show like most of the others. (Teen Titans and Static Shock for example) It also might be thought to appeal only to boys. (if thats true I wouldn't be shocked)

18. Paul_Cousins

Paul_Cousins New Member

Good idea. JLU along with Megas XLR. Those two shows would go great with Tripping the Rift. :cool:

19. FALLEN ELDOR

FALLEN ELDOR New Member

Logic only applies to CN when in Bizaro world. :)

see above statement.

Don't forget to slap the WB animation suites who said bt's style was "dated"

Because they are:

A) retarded **** throwing chimpanzees

B) The Japanese who will take us over "within"

3) retarded **** throwing chimpanzees spliced with the DNA of Mattel suites.

20. Fone Bone

Fone Bone Bonehead

Dwayne McDuffie confirmed on his website that that story was utter bull----.

This is the million dollar question. If it was with adults we're screwed. If boys showed up in equal measure however there is a glimmer of hope.

At this point, I think a little optimism is warranted. It may not happen or even PROBABLY happen but the fact that it was the most watched show on CN with ZERO promotion will speak louder to execs than any message board or fan base possibly could.