1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

World's Finest RPG JLU RPG Take III

Discussion in 'The Story Board' started by redDragon, Aug 22, 2005.

1. Agent S7

Agent S7 Destined to Rock

(OOC: Hm. Er, where exactly could Batman fit in in all of this? I feel like I can't really do much. A little help?)

2. Triumph

Triumph New Member

Day 2: 6:00 Pm

No sign of J'onn... then I guess I have to go talk to him. The most pompous man in law enforcement, and the one superhero least likely go wanna give me a second chance. I have to go to Gotham.

8:00 PM

Okay... now how do I find the big bad bat? Oh... I know. I squint and pick up the radio signals. I'm looking for the really strong ones that come from all over and converge in one point. There are three possibilities... I set off to the first location, hoping and dreading that I'll find batman.

3. DeathscytheVII

DeathscytheVII Farewell, Daughter of Trigon

Ra's Al Ghul

(Oh don't worry Agent S7, i've got big plans as Ra's al ghul ;) and you'll play a significant part in them :evil: )

Day 2: 8pm

I gather the members of this special squad in secret. Though they were officially disbanded a year ago, I've re-activated them, even adding a few of my own choices to it to strengthen it even more. These.....unique individuals will be useful for this assignment, since they all share a common enemy.

First, there was Deadshot, the expert marksman and assassin. A former rogue agent, he was blackmailed into joining this squad by Amanda waller. This year would mark his second year in the force, and I intend to make use of his skills before he is released.

Second, there is Temple Fugate, the clock King, expert tactician and infiltrator, he will be useful to me in this endeavour, his personal vendetta against detective will prove just as helpful.

The third, and final member of this task force, was another savage mercenary. Who went rogue once, until he encountered the detective. Determined to never lose, he cut off his own hand to escape his clutches, replacing it with a fearsome weapon arm. He is referred to as, KGbeast

Leading these three members of the former task force X, is my daughter, Talia, and I watch over the four as they suited up and prepared for their mission.

"Daughter, you know what you must do." I say to her.

"Yes, i do."

It was all planned out, and only Talia and I were privy to the knowledge of the location of the target.

"They will be held inside the ship until they arrive at their destination. I do not want them knowing anything else about the mission."

"But why master?" Ubu says to me. "Why is it that important?"

"Because that knowledge about the detective is mine, and mine alone. No one else should be able to use it." I reply back. "It is a matter of honour."

I turn towards my daughter. "Leave, I will give you the word to move when it is time."

"Yes father." Talia replies sadly to me, as if this mission was the hardest thing she ever had to do. Following her, the three other members followed grudgingly.

Their target: Wayne Manor

#23 DeathscytheVII, Oct 13, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2005
  4. Lightshade

Lightshade Chaos shall rule all!

Erm, does anyone have an idea how I can integrate myself into all this? I have half formed idea in the back of my head, but need a jolt to get it out.

5. rrarbecy

rrarbecy I'm Back!

Maybe there should be a Wayne Manor defense thing. PROTECT WAYNE!

6. Lightshade

Day 2

8: 30 PM

I’m sitting at a monitor that’s currently scanning Indonesia. Keeping track of these things as been a pain since J’onn left. Mr. Terrific asked if I would help, and what else could I say? I try to stifle a yawn, praying that maybe some delusional psychopath will try to destroy the world.

All of a sudden, a small red dot starts bleeping on the monitor to my left. It only takes a glance to see what the source of irritation is today. Gotham.

Zooming in, I raise an eyebrow at the label next to the disturbance: Wayne Manor. What the heck?!

“What’s going on?”

Snapping me out of my mood, I whip my head around, and almost collide right into Supergirl’s inquisitive nose.

“There’s some sort of trouble in Gotham.”

“So? I’d be more worried if there wasn’t one.”

“But look where it’s coming from.” I click on the flashing blip on the map, which brings up the live video feed from the satellite hovering in orbit. My eyes widen in horror at what I see.

I can only whisper, “Oh my god…”

OOC: Well, there's a good ol' fashioned cliffhanger for ya! Until next week's episode!:D

7. DeathscytheVII

Ra's Al Ghul

(So batman has something to do, and for those who wish to insert themselves into the plot, here's your chance ;))
    -----------
    Metropolis, Day 3 8:20 AM

By now, I have assumed that the Justice League may have picked up on Task Force X's activities.

No matter, that will all meaningless within the next few minutes.

I watch over the city of Metropolis, standing at the edge of a forest in the city's out limits, quietly observing the thousands of bright lights and sounds coming from the city's downtown area, miles away.

Such beauty, yet, it is cities like these which cause the greatest destruction to nature, each and every day, an innumerable amount of pollution and waste is produced in these places. Sooner or later, cities such as this would contribute to a world wide ecocide.

In any case, I would do the earth a good service, by wiping out one of humanity's greatest cities, purging it in a sea of flame.

I lift my head to Ubu, who is holding a radio in his hand.

It is time.

"Master," Ubu says to me. "What if the Justice League discovers them? Before they can complete their mission?"

"I plan my battles very carefully Ubu. The Justice League may be onto my task force, but my own league of assassins is keeping a close watch on them. Besides, I think it's time, we reprioritize the league's concerns."

Ubu smiles, and presses a button on his communicator.

Within seconds, a low rumble is heard in the distance, as not one, but three huge pyres of flame shoot out from the ground, erupting as high as a skyscraper.

Emerging from three craters in downtown, were three gigantic brimstone robots.

It was pure chaos.

Cars crashed as they swerved to avoid the huge androids, while civilians ran away screaming. The first of the Brimstones had already attacked, torching an entire skyscraper until it was completely set on fire.

Even from this distance, i could feel the low rumble of explosions that emitted from downtown metropolis, could already see the huge pyres of flame and smoke that was setting metropolis on fire. Soon, there came a new sound, the sounds of screams, and the blaring of sirens. The sound of an entire city falling into mass Pandemonium and chaos.

I smile, then quietly walk away.

Other matters require my attention.

#27 DeathscytheVII, Oct 14, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 15, 2005
  8. Trent Lane

Trent Lane How can that be?!

Day 3
    8:25 AM

As Ralph and I were on our way back to the Javelin, we handed the crooks off to the MPD. Of course, Snapper Carr, Lois Lane, and many other media personalities showed up and asked the usual questions- "Was this part of something bigger?" "Who's behind these robberies? Toyman? Baby Doll? Solomon Grundy?!" We slipped past after a simple "No comment" and proceeded to the ship, perched atop on of the Wayne Enterprises buildings in Metropolis. We got in, strapped in our seats and prepared to take off- then it happened. A pillar of fire shot up in front of us. We jumped out of our seats and ran to the side of the building.
    "What the heck was that?" I ask, trying to see through the smoke and flame.
    "I've got a bad feeling about this," Ralph replied. "Let's get down to street level- clearing out civillians is priorty one." I nodded as I called to the Watchtower for back-up.
    "Hawkgirl! We've got a situation in Metropolis. We need back up ASAP, send who you can now!!!"

OOC: Now we're getting somewhere!!!

9. Lightshade

Day 3

8:40 AM

“What’s going on?” Supergirl asks me as I remain transfixed to the scene of destruction at Wayne Manor. Before I can give her a proper answer, another red dot starts going crazy. Metropolis. As I focus into the city, it looks like a scene from Hades. Brimstones are running amok; buildings are torched, people screaming for help. Almost immediately, a call gets patched through.

Aztek's panicked voice yells out,“Hawkgirl! We’ve got a situation in Metropolis. We need back up ASAP, send who you can now!!!”

“Help’s on the way, Aztek! Whatever you do, do NOT engage those robots until backup arrives!”

Turning to Supergirl, I tell her, “We’ve a Level 1 situation in Metropolis. There are two, possibly three Brimstones in the city. We've got civilians trapped in those buildings being torched. Elongated Man and Aztek are going to need your help. Take Diana, Steel, and Fire with you down there.”

She asks, “But what about Bruce?”

“He’s a big boy. He can take care of himself.” I snap irritably. But seeing how perturbed she still looks, I reassure her. “I’ll personally lead a team down there to help him. Now quit standing around here, and get to the transporter room!”

As she flies off, I call out over the intercom, “Vixen, Red Tornado,Hourglass. You’re with me on a mission to Wayne Manor. Wonder Woman, Steel, Fire; meet Supergirl for a rendezvous to Metropolis.”

I snap off the link and sigh. It’s going to be a long night.

OOC: Not split hairs, but Aztek should technically be calling me Shayera. Also is it spelled Aztek or Aztec?

#29 Lightshade, Oct 15, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 15, 2005
  10. Trent Lane

Trent Lane How can that be?!

OOC: Sorry, Shayera ;)

Day 3
    9:00 AM

Wonder Woman, Steel, Fire, and Supergirl meet us atop the Wayne Enterprises building after we cleared some civillians from the path of the Brimstone robots as they destroyed more and more buildings. I breathed a sigh of relief.

"Diana, glad you're here," I said. "I'm sure you know what we're up against, so you and Supergirl lead, we'll follow." She nodded and had us split into two groups: Supergirl took Ralph and Steel, and I joined up with Wonder Woman and Fire. Diana stopped us before we took off.

"Hit them hard, and don't stop," she said sternly. "We're all we've got right now, so we cannot fail. Hera help us." With that, we took off for battle...

11. Agent S7

Agent S7 Destined to Rock

IC: Bats, 9:07 AM
    The Cave

An explosion echoed from above and my eyes shot open. I had went to sleep in the suit, after encountering both the Joker, Harley Quinn and Two-Face all in one night. And they all escaped.

I groan as I spring up from my seat. I seriously need more sleep.

My security system has been breached and my house is on fire while three maniacs run loose in Gotham. The last two days have been going along perfectly.

I check my security camera. No one is near the exit to Wayne Manor, meaning my identity will not be compromised. Good. I grab a fistful of batarangs from my belt. This should be interesting.

---

I hear a gravely voice muttering. He’s saying something about killing Bruce Wayne, how much fun it would be. He’s completely daffy. There’s a clinking noise, followed by a rolling sound.

My smoke bomb explodes, and KGBeast is coughing horribly. I punch him in the stomach, then in the crotch. He shouts in pain so I quiet him down with a kick to the neck. He’s out, maybe for a minute, maybe for an hour. The important thing is that he isn’t dead.

I have to find the portrait.

9:12 PM, Wayne Manor

12. DeathscytheVII

Talia

9:07 am

"KGbeast, Come in. Come in." Clock King mutters robotically into the communicator. "You are 5.2 seconds late. What is your status?"

Nothing.

"Oh well." Deadshot shrugs, as if this were some game, loading his wrist guns with bullets. "That guy wasn't much of a talker anyways."

I ignore the fool, instead, I gesture towards the cliffside, where already, at least two dozen members of the league of shadows are scaling the rock face, all of them in black covert ops suits and night vision goggles. A shiver goes through my spine as i realize what I am doing...., I, Talia Al Ghul breaking into the home of my beloved, violating his safety, and in turn, taking part in unhonorable assassins work.

I point to the house, and the two dozen men move in silence.

"This is.....unacceptable, without KGbeast, we will suffer irreversible delays."

I turn towards Clock King. "Being a strategist means being able to improvise, isn't that right?" I sneer.

"Enough talk." Deadshot gives a grin, aiming a rocket launcher at the base of the cliff. "Let's get this over with."

"Agreed." Clock king nods.

I stand at the edge of the boat now, where already, twelve men armed with rifles await my orders.

I nod to Deadshot.

Forgive me.....beloved.

Seconds later, Deadshot fires his RPG. The missile flys quickly into the base of the mountain, exploding in a gigantic ball of flame and rock. The very cliffside shakes as huge boulders fall into the sea.

The hole was there now, and the remains of the bat boat are burning by the dock entrance to the bat cave.

The assassins immediately fan out across the entire cave, armed with ninja swords and rifles.

No one is there.

I see my target, the main computer. I nod to Clock King, who quickly begins his work.

"Alright, now the fun part begins." Deadshot smirks, cocking his wrist guns.

13. Rae

Rae Insert amusing comment

IC Diana
    Day 3
    Time 9:10

I take off and immediately head for the first brimstone monster. I risk a quick glance behind me, to make sure I'm not leaving my teammates behind. To my left and slightly behind, is Fire, in her green flaming glory, and to my right, and level with Fire, is Aztec.

Now i'm reassured by their ability to keep pace, i focus on what's ahead. I would feel tempted to say these mosters came from Hell, but having been there, I can clearly see that they are not. They are a monster created in Man's World sent to harm the innocent.

"Hera, give me strength," I mutter under my breath, and put on an extra burst of speed that sends me straight into the heart of the flaming being.

OOC: sorry it's taken so long to reply!

14. rrarbecy

rrarbecy I'm Back!

IC: Hourglass
    9:01 am
    Day 3
    Javelin heading to Wayne Manor
    ----------------------------------------------
    Finally! I am back on a mission. Take THAT big man. I don't need YOU to tell me what to do! But still, this is a small mission. Whatever is going on, I think Batman can handle it rather easily.

"We'll be coming up on Wayne Manor shortly," says Hawkgirl, not taking her eyes away from the expanses in front of her. I wonder if she's gotten over whatever was bothering her a few mornings ago. But she's resilient.

"Why are we even going?" I ask innocently, "I'm sure Bruce can handle it."

"We can never be too careful," says Red Tornado, from my left, in his almost robotic voice. "Why should we not go?"

"Because, Johny Boy, it's a bloody waste of time, that's why," I complain. "Not that I'm not happy to be on another mission, finally."

"Bruce is one of the key members of the Justice League. Although he doesn't always show it," says Hawkgirl distractedly.

"*Très vrai, which is another reason we shouldn't help him. A waste of good manpower, I say."

"So you're bitter, is that why?" asks Vixen nonchalantly.

"No," I say defensively, but that's a bit of a lie.

"Look," says Hawkgirl, "I feel the same way as you. The only reason we're here is that Kara was worried out of her skull. I wouldn't let her stay like that."

Well that changes everything. "Well let's pick up the pace then," I say, knowing how stupid I sound. Everyone turns to look at me. Even Hawkgirl turns away from the window. "Oh look," I say, desperately trying to change the subject, "we're coming up on Earth."

I look away from everyone to stop the burning.
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    *"Tres vrai" means "very true."

15. Faethie

Faethie Rockstarrlette

IC- Supergirl
    Time- 9:15 AM
    Day 3

Ralph, Steel, and I are busy fighting these stupid brimstone robots. It's not like they're all that hard to defeat. I'd rather be finding Bruce. But that Hawkgirl decided she didn't want me perstering her. I feel so loved.

I use laser beams to slice through several of the robots and then use my strength to crush them together. No big. Why as Aztek so worried? Geez. Then again, I should talk.

As I fight the robots my mind starts to drift away from my work. I wonder how the others are doing.

My thoughts are broken by a robot sending fire at me. I only realize it's there two seconds before it is about to hit me, and I jump out of the way.

Okay, mind on my work, even if it's a bit... dull.

16. DeathscytheVII

Ra's Al Ghul / Talia

Day 3: 9:20 AM

Talia Al Ghul

I watch quietly as the Clock King does his work on the computer console, uploading various files and information from Batman's computer to some unknown source.

What my father wants from my beloved's private files i can only guess, but i feel ashamed all the more.

"Talia." The communicator in my ear came to life.

"Yes father?"

"We only have so much time, relay the necessary information to me at once." My father commands.

"Yes.... father." I reply, and i nod to clock king, who is already building up the network, uploading the information to a hidden, temporary location.

17. rrarbecy

rrarbecy I'm Back!

I would like to continue this, but I can't think of any ideas. Anybody still interested in picking up the slack?

18. Lightshade

Sorry.I've been meaning to post, but this little thing called life keeps getting in the way.I'll post by tomorrow, at the latest

19. Lightshade

OOC:Sorry for taking so long!:sweat:
    IC:Shayera
    Day 3
    9:19 AM

I can see Wayne Manor appear on the horizon as I pilot the Javelin through the morning.

"Everybody, be prepared. We don't know what we're dealing with here, so don't-"

I cut off as darkness fills my head. I can hear someone speaking, but it's fuzzy, like a radio in and out of tune."...Easy assignment...just need to get in and get out...reward will be great..." A voice filled with cockiness and arrogance cuts in."Yeah. But what about Hawkgirl?" "She's expendable." Suddenly, I see the old vision of John getting shot.And once again I'm helpless to do anything. A small tear trickles out of my eye. I may be helpless to save John, but I can at least find out who his murderer is.I step into the shadows to get a closer look...

"SHAYERA!!!!!"

I'm snapped out of my little reverie just in time to see a well aimed shot tear off the Javelin's right wing.It bursts into flame on contact.I curse under my breath as the plane tips forward, into a nosedive heading straight towards the ground.

20. Arrakhat

Arrakhat Trust me, I'm a doctor

OOC: Hello all, I've just joined this rpg as another villain to even things out a bit
    IC: Clayface
    Day 0
    12:10 p.m.
    I stare about my self, amazed at the catacombs of these mountains. What a strange place to establish a headquarters. It doesn’t make much sense to me, but I shrug it off. If what the girl said is true, I’ll never have to worry about this kind of thing again. Now that I think about it, this whole job is weird.

But it doesn’t matter. None of it matters if the old man was honest about his pits. Lazarus pits he called them. If this Ras’s pits really can heal me, of this Clayface and my original scarring, then I don’t care if I have to go through hell and back. I’ll find a few thugs for backup and do what he wants, but I’d better get a pit treatment. ‘Cause at this point, curing my self is the only thing that I really care about. Why does he want me to infiltrate the league so badly though?

Day 3
    9:15 a.m.
    Staring at the five men before me, I sigh. These people want action, and they’re hardly any good at subterfuge. I could have done better than this. Thank god I’ll be using them as a distraction for the most part. I list them off to myself, muttering, "Atomic Skull, Blockbuster, Tracer, Heatwave, Dreamslayer." I’m sure I could have done better than this. Three muscle men, a thug with a flamethrower, and an egotistical wackjob with issues about me leading him. I turn to face my team, wondering if we’ll even register as a threat to the Justice League with these giant robots running loose.

"What now? Why some stupid attack on the loser team sent to Wayne Manor? Why does that place even matter?" Asks Dreamslayer. He’s so surly about not leading I may just take him down myself.

"Listen you lot, we’re supposed to entertain the League members once they leave their ship and keep them from Wayne Manor." Suddenly I see their ship pass, and without hesitation, Dreamslayer blasts the right wing with a burst of fire. I grin. "That’s our cue. Let’s give the survivors a good fight, shall we?"