1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

World's Finest RPG JLU RPG Take III

Discussion in 'The Story Board' started by redDragon, Aug 22, 2005.

1. redDragon

redDragon Carnivorous Beast

Cast of Characters:

Heroes:
    Agent S7: Batman
    Lightshade: Hawkgirl
    Rae: Wonder Woman
    Vortexgirl: Supergirl
    Trent Lane: Aztec
    Triumph: Triumph
    rrarbecy: Hourglass (Custom Character)

Villains:
    DeathscytheVII: Ra's Al Ghul
    Arrakhat: Clayface

Bios:

Hourglass

Alias: Graham Bannister

Height: 5'10"

Weight: 184

Appearance: Red, crew-cut hair, and blue eyes. Skin is of a medium tone. Very thin, which allows for him to be nimble and hard to hit when fighting. Vigorous martial arts training has made his body rock hard, although he is by no means muscle-bound.

Costume: Orange three-quarter shirt with a yellow logo, resembling the Green Lantern logo. Red tights with yellow streaks down his sides and orange sneakers. A mask covers only his eyes. It is orange fringed with white lenses. Orange and yellow gloves with cut-off fingertips.

Powers: Has the ability to slow down moving objects in their tracks. This "freezing" is only temporary, lasting only about 30 seconds, but he's working to develop it. While something/someone is frozen, he can re-angle it and change where its momentum would have taken it.

Strengths: Vigorous Martial Arts training has made him a master of Tae Kwon Do, Judo, and Kung Fu. Living with superheroes in the JLA Watchtower has had a very positive effect on his morals and ideals.

Misc.: Has a pronounced British accent and owns a 2 year college degree in chemistry. Since he lived in France, he is fluent in English and French.

Weaknesses/Limitations: Freezing power is limited, lasting only about 30 seconds. Cannot freeze something/someone moving faster than the speed of sound.

Bio: Graham Bannister was born in London, England. The son of agents working for the DEO, he was trained in Martial Arts from the age of ten to make him an adept agent when he came of age. At the age of 14, he was training with his father in a gym under their house. They were fighting with padded bo-staffs and Graham's was knocked from his hand. Graham's father swung at his side to end the fight and he threw his hands out to block it, but the staff never connected. He looked up to see his father frozen in mid-swing.

Knowing that if he told his father what he had done he would be turned over to the DEO, he got back in position and let the staff hit him. Fearing for himself, Graham fled that night, stowed away on a commercial air-liner and flew to Bordeaux, France. He used his parents' PIN number and withdrew money whenever he needed, getting his thrills by stopping petty crimes. Naturally, the DEO eventually tracked him down and attempted to aprehend him. Saved by JLA members Black Canary, Captain Atom, and Green Arrow, a grateful Graham accompanied them to the orbiting Watchtower. Learning of his abilities and how he used them, Superman inducted him into the Justice League as a reserve member. There, he continued to fine-tune his abilities and was eventually deemed worthy to officially join the League. Green Lantern took a liking to Graham and took the liberty of making Graham a costume using a version of his own logo. Taking the name Hourglass, Graham continues to serve the League, making friends and a reputation as someone not to mess with.

2. DeathscytheVII

DeathscytheVII Farewell, Daughter of Trigon

8:00 am
    Day 0

Location : Deep within the lazarus pits of the Himayala mountains

I open my eyes, trying to draw my first breath in many months as I lay submerged within the deepest bowels of the lazarus pit. It is the longest I have ever stayed in the pits, for I have come to realize now that the pit's lasting effects of longevity and youth are beginning to wear off for me. And that after every submergence my strength and youth dissipates at a more alarming rate than before. That is why I had to hide in the shadows, while the world moves on around me, I use the time to saturate myself with more of the pit's solution so that this round will have more lasting effects.

Perhaps it is Mother Earth's way of punishing me. For I have made use of her precious gift for centuries, but yet, I have been no closer to bringing about the healing of this planet, to stop the abuse that humanity has wrought about in this world.

I hear the sound of voices above me, a mechanical crane whirring to life as it lifts me out of the pool. My very body oozes with green chemicals, which begin sizzling on my skin as they come into contact with the air.

I remain utterly calm, holding back the twinges of insanity that usually affects me whenever I finish using the pit. Perhaps it is because this time, I know this is truly my last chance.

As I am lowered to the ground, my faithful assistant, Ubu, comes and assists me, holding a blanket and my cape.

"Are you well my Master?" The strongman says.

I get up, giving my hands an experimental grip. I feel the old strength returning to me, but the haunting question remains. For how long? Will the pit ever bring me to this strength again?

Next to Ubu, is my faithful daughter, Talia, with whom I had promised the Detective's hand if he chose to be my successor. Dear sweet Talia.

"Father.........are you- "

I brush aside her attempts to comfort me, standing up and taking the cape with my own hand and putting it on. My daughter and Ubu look to me with worry.

"There is no time to waste. I cannot continue to cheat death any longer with use of the lazarus pits. We will have to accelerate our plans."

"Father, surely you will recover." Talia pleads to me. "There must be another way.....my beloved...."

"Is the final obstacle between me and my plans to save this world from the disease called Humanity. You must understand daughter." I lift her chin up with my fingers, and for a moment, I am surprised with how strong a woman she had become. It has been years since I recall her as an infant, gripping my finger with her small hands.......

"If this is to be my last emergence from the pits, I want it to be worthwhile. I wish to at least leave behind my legacy to you, dear daughter: A healthy planet, where every living being lives in a proverbial Eden, under your watch."

I brush a tear away from her cheek, I know how difficult this battle will be for my daugther.

"It is time."

I give Ubu a firm nod, and already he vanishes within the shadows, to contact the league of shadows.

If this is to be my last chance to bring about a perfect world, I, Ra's Al Ghul, will not let it go to waste.

#2 DeathscytheVII, Sep 3, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 5, 2005
  3. Lightshade

Lightshade Chaos shall rule all!

OOC:This is my first RPG, so if the writing seems a bit a bit off, well cest la vie.

IC:Hawkgirl
    Time:5:58
    Day 1

I've never seen the Watchtower as it is now. It's completely and utterly deserted. Where is everyone? And why is it so dark and freezing?It feels unnaturally still, the feeling you get just before a bomb goes off. I tighten the grip on my mace, and start walking into this labyrinth of corridors, hoping to find...someone,anyone.

"Shayera...."

I freeze in my tracks. I know that voice. But where is he? It's as dark as a coal mine now, and I just hope I'm not going to end up the dead canary.

"Shayera...Please hurry..."

I start running faster and faster, not caring about anything, except getting to the source of that voice.Wait! There's a light at the end of the tunnel.Ugh.I thought Wally was the only one who made bad puns.It takes a few seconds for my eyes to adjust to the glaring light, and then I see who has been calling me all this time.

"John",I whisper silently.

He tries to smile, but there is no warmth ,and it doesn't even reach his sad eyes."Shayera, always remember, I will always love you." Before I can even say a word, John sinks to the floor, with blood pouring out of the new hole in his chest.

"NO!!!!" I scream out. He can't be dead, he just can't be!

"Hmph.That was easier then I thought it would be.He didn't even put up a fight.Ah well,one down,one to go." A figure begins to slink out of the shadows towards me.

I start to slowly turn, and grip my mace. If this cold-blooded monster is going to kill me, I'm takin' him along for the trip.I scream out as I attack.

"Hraaaa-"

Brinnnnnnnggggg!!

I gasp as I jerk out of bed. The alarm clock reads 6:00 A.M.I breathe a sigh of relief as I automatically switch it off,but my mind is still in that horrible nightmare. I shuffle towards the bathroom.Running the faucet,I splash some cold water on my face, and stare at my reflection in the mirror." It was only a dream," I reassure it, but a nasty little voice inside my head whispers,"Or a prophecy."

4. Triumph

Triumph New Member

Day 1
    10:00 PM

I hate this. I've been frozen out here, floating through space for god knows how long, encased in the spectre's ice.

But, by a fantastic stroke of luck, I've floated towards the sun. Even propelled by the nuclear blast that decimated the watchtower, it took me years to get here. But here I am. The supernatural ice of the Spectre begins to melt. And better yet, I'm able to tap into the Sun's EM field. BOOM!

The ice is gone. I'm free. My aura lets me breathe.

Of course, I probably should have figured out exactly what I want to do now? I go back to Earth, the league'll jump on me.

Screw em. I'm a hero... I'll always be a hero. Even if I messed up once or twice. 'sides... Fang and Rocko and Eddie and Wilma have gotta be worried sick about me.

I speed off, back to Earth.

I'm back. Triumph is back. Sucks to be the bad guys.

5. DeathscytheVII

Cadmus Headquarters, Day one, 11:00 pm

The room was dark, dingy, the result of cigar smoke that hung under the ceiling like a thick veil. I sat in my ususal spot, hidden within the shadows, watching quietly as the five heads of the table continued talking.

I was at the underground complex that Cadmus called its headquarters, granted it had to be relocated now, due to the fiasco Luthor had pulled months back.

I had been supporting Cadmus for some time now, through funding from my immense fortune. Though the Justice League is the least of my concerns, it is the detective that worries me. His snooping around the facility prior to its destruction nearly yielded to him a prize that would have changed everything, luckily the facility was destroyed, along with whatever trace of evidence that connected me to this organization.

I eyed the members of the table suspiciously, listening to their various arguements they were bringing forth.

"I have talked with the president." One of the men in black suits began. "He is of opinion that this organization is a drain on the funding that should be going into the military. The Thanagarian invasion showed us how unprepared we were, we must focus our efforts on improving our conventional military"

"With all due respect Senator, must i remind you that this organization was created for the express purpose of dealing with these types of enemies? The technologies at Cadmus, if made public, could create an international uproar, it is best to leave affairs of this nature under the radar"

The man who answers is General Wade Eiling, who's ideals Ii find, serve my purposes. The purpose of this meeting was to reactivate and rearm Cadmus for the upcoming future.

One man in the corner, a fat one, chomped on his cigar and puffed out another ring of smoke.

"I am fully in support of Cadmus, it's anonymity allows us a chance to test out weapons that we can't get through to the army. The perfect testing ground."

Translation: the man depended on Cadmus for his weapons contracts.

I lean forward, revealing myself to the remaining members of the table.

"I will have to lend my full support to the general." I replied in my suave and authoritative tone.

"Unlike the president, I do not agree with Mrs Waller’s conduct of Cadmus, though we owe the Justice League a debt of gratitude for their....past work, we must nevertheless re-establish this organization to fulfill its purpose, as a counterbalance. I have no doubt that you are all patriots." I managed to slip that line through with a straight face. "And that everything you do is the interests of your country."

"We must not be blind to the facts, in the world today, there exists an entente of super- powered heroes and villains, with humanity caught in the middle. We cannot have the policies of the world dictated by groups of meta-humans, nor can we rely on the Justice league for our own defense. If we disband Cadmus, we will in effect, be taking away the only means we have of guaranteeing that we won't be placed under the thumb of these....powerful individuals."

A chorus of nods began floating around the table, and I chuckled silently to myself as General Edling stood, calling a vote on the matter. One by one, the hands of the members of the table rose.The fools believe I am in this for the same reasons as they are, power, money, influence. But I am neither a mercenary, nor a power-mad despot. None of them can even begin to comphrehend the plans I have for this planet, to restore it back to what it once was. Cadmus was just one of my many tools, like the league of shadows, funded by my immense wealth, if my dream of a pure earth should live, Cadmus must live on.

The final raising of hands quickly concluded the tally and i let a smile slip through as the board reached its agreement.

And in that instant, another formiddable weaponis placed in my hands.

Project Cadmus is re-activated.

6. Agent S7

Agent S7 Destined to Rock

IC: the Dark Knight

Gotham City

11:30

The darkness embraces me.

I leap through it's shadowy confines and it's blinding blackness. Ahead is another rooftoop...

I go for it, firing my grappling gun. I swing like a Zorro in Heck (censored it), the cold air breezing against my lower face. A loud bang filled the air, and I glanced downwards.

A family--cornered. In a dark alleyway.

Someone is going to be hurt. And it's not them.

--
    The voices fill the air.

"What the <bleep> was that?"

"It was nothin'. Kill the lady already."

"Man--I can't do it, man! S'not right, man!"

"Shuddup and give me the darn .45!"

Cue.

There was a quiet clinking sound, and a low hiss.

"What the--I can't see nothin'!"

"Ah god! What in the name of Pete is that thing?"

A kick to the jaw should disable him. A flying kick. I execute it just right, so

it's more than simply painful, it's torturous. But not debilatating.

"Joe? JOE?!?"

My fist flies to his stomach, and he crumples over, coughing. I smash on his

head, and he faints.

The family is gone. Three more lives saved because of me.

I should feel atoned. But I'm not.

The thrill of the hunt is far too great.

---

11:40 PM

7. DeathscytheVII

Ra's Al Ghul

Metropolis State Maximum Security Prison

I walk silently down the dark halls of the prison, surrounded on all sides by numerous rogues and murderers, each one of them glaring me suspiciously, grasping at the bars of their cages as if they were animals.

I take no heed of them, these lowlifes hardly deserve my attention. Ubu walks quietly beside me, while in front of us, two of my men search diligently for the cell I am seeking.

The police have no idea that I am here, indeed, neither does Cadmus. My assassins had taken care of eliminating any witnesses to my visit here, as well as destroying all the security camera files in the mainframe.

As i wander these halls, I pass a few noticable faces from Superman's rogues gallery. There was a purplish striped man, sitting lazily on his dorm bed as he flipped through one of those incessant television sets. The Parasite barely notices me. Next to his cell, was another, occupied by a young woman, who passed the time by running sparks of electricity up and down her room, which was fully plastic.

They called her Livewire, i believe.

But none of them interest me now. Though they were gifted with god-like abilities, they had squandered it wastefully on their own selfish gains. Hardly worth the effort.

And yet, I am here to seek out one of them, for he possess unique abilities which will suit my plans quite nicely.

My guards, assassins from the league of shadows, stop in front of the cell I seek.

There, sitting quietly on his cot, dressed in a green prison uniform, was the man I was looking for.

"Who are you?" The man asks suspiciously.

"Mark Mardon, or should I say, the 'Weather Wizard'."

"How do you know me?" The man replies.

"I do my homework Mister Mardon." I say seriously, walking into the cell to meet him.

"I am called Ra's Al Ghul, and I have studied your particular abilities closely. Needless to say, we both have mutual enemies, it is only right that we become allies. I know of your ability to control weather, and I also know that you once built a weather machine that held an entire city hostage." I did not say this sound like a compliment.

"Yes, and Superman and the flash destroyed that." Weather Wizard scoffs.

"I wish for you to build another one, an even grander one."

"And why should I help you?"

"Because I am the only person who can get you out of this prison. Imagine the power of a machine that can take the whole world hostage, not just a city. Besides, I too, study my enemies as closely as my friends...."

I reach into my pocket now, holding out a glowing green shard of rock that eminated light from its core.

Kryptonite.

"Join me, and my League of Shadows can offer you protection like no other. Not even the Justice League can touch you. Besides, how long have you dreamed of revenge against this one man.

I toss the Kryptonite to his feet.

"I will only offer this once, speak now, for you will never get a second chance."

Weather Wizard grins, he reaches his hand out to me.

"Deal."

I let out a smile.

"Very good Mister Mardon, now we can begin."

8. rrarbecy

rrarbecy I'm Back!

OOC- Welcome your newest member! Me. This post will be a follow-up to Lightshade's earlier post as Hawkgirl. You may recognize my character from Matt A's Tournament of Heroes
    -------------------------------------------------------
    IC- Hourglass
    Watchtower Cafeteria
    6:33 A.M.
    Day Numero Un
    What a morning. Sun is bright, space is great, and Earth looks beautiful today.I take a bite of my toasted bagel and scratch my shoulder lazily. The Big Guy hasn't been letting me go on any missions lately, no matter how small, and it is really starting to get on my nerves. What the bloody hell does he think is wrong with me? Am I completely helpless?

I stuff the rest of my bagel into my mouth and almost gag on it in my agitation. If anything can make me feel all the better, it's her. But she's probably still sleeping. Or maybe not.

I pause and follow the shadow of a woman down the corridor. What if it is her!? What if I freeze!? Oh wait, get a hold of yourself man, you've talked to her with no trouble many times before. It's just a matter of- oh, wait, it's only Hawkgirl. Way to get yourself worked up about nothing.

Hawkgirl had entered the cafeteria, rubbing her eyes with her thumb and forefinger. I wonder what could be wrong, for she looks extremely preoccupied. "Shayera," I interject to her. She turns and looks at me. I'm surprised at how red her eyes are. "Are you alright?"

"I'm fine," she says tiredly, "nothing's wrong. Just a nightmare."

"Want to talk about it?" I ask, hoping my voice doesn't sound condescending.

"No," she replies, "it's...it's not important."

I look at her skeptically, but I can read her expression. The conversation is over. "Okay. Enjoy your breakfast." I turn back to the bar to get another bagel.

#8 rrarbecy, Oct 4, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 6, 2005
  9. Triumph

Triumph New Member

Triumph 7 Am

My feet touch Earth for the first time in over a year. I'm home... I've had some time to think on my way back... and I need to find J'onn. I jet off... reluctant to leave the Earth agains so soon, but recognizing the necessity of J'onn's sanction.

Zap. Pow. Straight to the moon.

10. Faethie

Faethie Rockstarrlette

OOC: Um, I'm kinda brain dead about how to jump in here. If any of y'all can gimme a push, it'd be appreciated.:)

11. rrarbecy

rrarbecy I'm Back!

Here's something. When I (Hourglass) was talking about "If anything can make me feel all the better, it's her," I was talking about you (Supergirl). Could that give you an idea?

12. Faethie

Faethie Rockstarrlette

I could work with that :anime: ......

13. Trent Lane

Trent Lane How can that be?!

Aztec

Day two
    2:00 AM

Again, I can't sleep. I never sleep. I'm constantly training, readying for the battle that could end everything- or at least, that's what the Q-Society tells me. The dark god Tezatlipoca, it is said, will return, and I am the one hope to stop it. But, for now, I join the Justice League in protecting Earth from other menaces. My conditioning and abilities tied to the technology of the suit make me a valuable asset to the team, and it sometimes helps me forget about the difficulties that lie ahead of me.

I leave my quarters in the Watchtower and head to the cafeteria for a bite to eat, a little late night snacking. I get to the vending counters and see Elongated Man's head shoot past the door, looking around. He spots me.

"What's up, Curt?" Ralph barely knows me, so this must not be a social call.

"Not much... how do you know that name, by the way?"

"I make it a point to know everything about everyone," he replied. "That whole detective thing." He smiled and laughed, guess it's an inside joke.
    "I need some back-up, got a disturbance on the outskirts of Metropolis, I guess the S-man's not available. You feeling up to being my muscle for this trip."

That sandwich looked more appealing right now, but I gave in. "Let's do this."

OOC: Hope that's alright, figured I'd throw in a little background info, let me know if we need to make any edits and such...

14. DeathscytheVII

Ra's Al Ghul

Day 2 (Cadmus secret headquarters: Weapons department) 5:00 AM

I walk along the platform which led me deeper into the underground facility's storage space. Here, Cadmus' many projects, ranging from weapons of alien design to machines of nanoscopic size were stored.

Ubu and Talia, of course, accompany me, while I am led by my guide, another Cadmus member, who at the same time, was a part of my own organization, the league of shadows, if only those fools realized how far my reach was.

The scientist in front of me stops, pointing at our destination, the thing that I had come all the way down here for. Ubu and I halt in our tracks, and gaze upwards at the gigantic automoton that stood before us, over a dozen stories tall. A giant robot in red armour, which had a skull shaped head. Known in the west as "Brimstone," this giant, nuclear monster went out of control when its homeland, Chong-Mi, lost control of it years ago. Eventually it was de-activated by Green Arrow, and demolished by Supergirl. Unknown to the league however, Cadmus, noting the power of the machine, decided to build their own Brimstone in case they had to fight the league. A pity they never used it.

Of course, it will suit my purposes quite nicely. In order to fulfill my grand plan, I would need an equally grandoise diversion.

"Brimestone 2.0 is operational my lord." The scientist points out to me, even noting that the weak spot, a small shaft in it's chest that led to its nuclear core, has been replaced. Green arrow would not being doing any one shot kills today.

"Excellent. You will release it when I give the word." I instruct the scientist, and then i turn my attention to Ubu as we both walk out of the facility.

"Have my task force assembled, we are about to commence phase one."

"Do you really think this machine will do the job master?" Ubu says.

"This doesn't feel right father." Talia tells me. Poor child, in time, even she will understand that i am doing this for the greater good.

"Whenever a forest grows out of control daughter, a purging fire is ever necessary. I cannot think of a more fitting way to thin out the disease known as humanity. The ignorant fools that continue to ravage the planet's natural resources." I say, then i turn to Talia once more.

"Humanity is a destructive force, it is time i meet it with my own."

"Of course, this is only part of my plan. The other half, daughter, will be up to you."

"I do not understand father." My daughter replies.

"Come." I snap my fingers, and Ubu automatically opens the security locked door in front of me.

"Let us meet your new Task Force. I have a mission of great importance, and you alone daughter, will carry it out."

15. rrarbecy

rrarbecy I'm Back!

One is glad to be of service.;)

16. Trent Lane

Trent Lane How can that be?!

Aztec
    Day 2, 5:30 AM

"Well, that was the big disturbance?" I asked. "We end up taking the Javelin since the transporter's on the fritz, an hour ride, another to locate these goons, and it turns out they stole gift cards for Mega Mart? They won't even work!!!"
    "Uh, well, at least we know now that they can't scam anyone, right?" Elongated Man replied, shrugging his shoulders.
    "I could be enjoying a sandwich right now, you know." I sigh. "Sorry, I just get irritated sometimes, I gotta lot on my mind."
    "It's cool, Aztec, I gotcha. This League stuff can be overwhelming sometimes. I'm still getting used to fighting interdimensional menaces and overconfident alien conquerors myself. Makes these types of fights seem like minor inconveniences in the grand scheme of things in the universe." He smiles- as always, he's got a positve twist to the situation.
    "You're right, Ralph," I said, stepping away from our newly captured friends. "Let's get out of here before something else happens."

OOC: I'm not sure were things are going right now with Ra's, DeathsyctheVII, so for the time being, I'll leave these two in or around Metropolis if you need a warm-up beat down on the JLU...

17. Faethie

Faethie Rockstarrlette

Supergirl

Day 2, 7 AM

Wow. I'm actually awake. After a few missions I was so tired that when I hit my bed I thought I'd never wake up. I guess 7 isn't all that early compared to some other hero's wake up time's, but hey, I'm a teenager. What do you expect?!

I walk into the lounge and order a cappachino. I look around.
    "There aren't a lot of people in here." I think to myself. Then I spot Hourglass. He's kinda cute, and he's pretty cool too. Just the person to talk to when I'm dead tired. I sit down across from him at a table and grin broadly.

"Hey!" I smile.

"Oh. Hey." he says back.

I yawn.

"You sure you should be awake now?" he asks jokingly.

"Very funny."

I pause.

"No."

#17 Faethie, Oct 13, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 16, 2005
  18. DeathscytheVII

(OOC: Don't worry Trent, Ra's will give you something to do soon enough ;))

19. Triumph

Triumph New Member

ummm.... aren't Aztek and Ra's supposed to be dead? I mean, Aztek fought the shadow god and lost, then blew himself up so save superman... and Nyssa killed Ras and assumed head of the demon.

20. DeathscytheVII

(OOC: Well, since the thread is called JLU take III, i am assuming we are following along the lines of DCAU continuity. Aztek has just been introduced on the show, and Ra's was never mentioned in JL, but he is still alive, and survives till batman beyond.)