"JLA Adventures: Trapped In Time" Feature Talkback (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'The DC Animation Forum' started by James Harvey, Jan 21, 2014.

?

Rate and Comment on this movie - "JLA Adventures: Trapped in Time"

1. *****

16.7%
  2. ****1/2

29.2%
  3. ****

29.2%
  4. ***1/2

12.5%
  5. ***

8.3%
  6. **1/2

4.2%
  7. **

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. *1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. *

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. James Harvey

James Harvey Administrator

The Justice League must stop the Legion of Doom from wiping them from history!

[​IMG]
    JLA Adventures: Trapped In Time
    Release Date: January 21st, 2014
    Studio: Warner Bros. Animation

Synopsis: Get ready for a battle of the ages when the Justice League faces off against its archenemies, the Legion of Doom, in an all-new movie from DC Comics. A mysterious being known as the Time Trapper arises, and a sinister plan led by Lex Luthor sends the Legion of Doom back in time to eliminate Superman, Wonder Woman and Batman before they become super heroes. For Aquaman, Flash and Cyborg, along with teen super heroes Karate Kid and Dawnstar, the stakes have never been higher, the rescue mission never deadlier. So join the fight for the future as the Justice League confronts its ultimate challenge - the threat of having never existed!

Discuss the JLA Adventures: Trapped In Time animated feature! Share your thoughts, insights, and more!

Please post all discussions concerning about the JLA Adventures: Trapped In Time animated feature in this thread! Discussion for the home video release of JLA Adventures: Trapped In Time can be found in the proper talkback linked below.

Related Threads:
    -JLA Adventures: Trapped In Time Feature Review (Spoilers)
    -JLA Adventures: Trapped In Time DVD Talkback (Spoilers)

Note: Remember, this talkback thread is for discussion of the feature film. If you wish to talk about the home video release, please click on the appropriate link above. We appreciate and encourage discussion, but please keep your posts civil, relevant and insightful. Please do not post any improper or inflammatory material, as we will issue warnings if we believe it necessary. And remember to keep the discussion ON-TOPIC!

2. Hero Supreme

Hero Supreme Mr Jinx No More

Just got it. Will add updates, but am currently in the Target parking lot in the middle of a snow storm.

3. Magmaster12

Magmaster12 Active Member

Why is it people at DC want to recreate Super Friends?

Is it because most people in my generation don't know how terrible it is?

4. CyberCubed

CyberCubed Active Member

Why do I get the feeling this movie will be hated like Brainiac Attacks was?

5. ashleesmach1

ashleesmach1 Member

I just watched this dvd video and It was pretty good. I give it a thumbs up for any age to watch it. it was very good....Time Trapper was very scary ooooohhhhh.! :)
    hope they do more ...

6. Lord Sidious

Lord Sidious Active Member

Is the writing as poor as Brainiac Attacks or does it fit well within the other DC animated movies???

is it campy or childish like Superhero Squad and Superfriends???

or is it more like YJ and GL animated series??

thanks

7. Hordesman

Hordesman slashor

Is Anarky in it?

8. Lonewolf36

Lonewolf36 Member

No Anarky it features the Justice League (Superman, Batman, Robin, Wonder Woman, Flash, Aquaman & Cyborg); Legion of Doom (Lex Luthor, Gorilla Grodd, Cheetah, Captain Cold, Bizarro, Toyman, Solomon Grundy & Black Manta); Legion of Super-Heroes characters (Karate Kid & Dawnstar) and the Time Trapper

9. Aaron

Aaron New Member

Hordesman -
    NO. Anarky is not in it.

Lord Sidious
    Is the writing as poor as Brainiac Attacks or does it fit well within the other DC animated movies???

Not even close to that bad.

is it campy or childish like Superhero Squad and Superfriends??? or is it more like YJ and GL animated series??

It's a bit childish. Not in that campy/kiddy way. But more like it feels like a kids show. More like a bright, shiny version of the JL/JLU show without any of the dark gritty tone.

It feels like a throwback. Not as light-hearted as old-school 80s cartoons and not as serious as some of the better 90s cartoons. Like, it's not as poorly thought out as the OLD SuperFriends, but more in line with the end of the series with shows like Legendary Super Powers Team.
    It's pretty good though. Some major annoyances insofar as plotting is concerned, but that has less to do with the fact that it was written for children and more to do with time-travel plotlines, and how most writers don't know how to do it properly.

For instance:

The art-style is pretty good. The ONLY gripe I have is with Supeman. His face and body are a bit too over-exaggerated for my tastes. Not as disproportionate as he was in Superman: Unbound, thankfully. But still, overly muscled large body, and a pretty big chin, though not as big as Superman VS The Elite. Everyone else looks great. I especially love the designs for Batman and Robin.

As far as characters. Dawnstar and Karate Kid are the main characters, with the JLA pushed to the sidelines. Characters like Cyborg are given more to do, and put up there with the Big Three. But Flash and Aquaman still get a few good scenes each. The LOD is pretty nicely showcased, with each character getting a moment or two to shine, with Bizarro and Lex getting the most screen time out of the group. The Time Trapper is the main baddie in this story, and he's worth the price of admission, as it were. He's very cool, and utilized rather well.

The action is fan-friggin-tastic! Good fights, nicely animated sequences, very smooth. Very entertaining and very flashy. Obvious, considering the target demographic.

This "movie" feels like it was a pilot-episode for a show. Especially the ending:
    It really has that Saturday Morning Show/ Weekly show feel to it. In fact, if this got picked up, I wouldn't mind watching.

Not as well-written as shows like JL/JLU or B:TAS. Not as light-hearted/silly as BTATB. Somewhere middle of the road. 3 out of 5.

10. Nightwing26

Nightwing26 New Member

Can anyone share any information about the role Robin played? And also, was it Dick Grayson, Tim Drake, or was it never shown?
    Thanks for taking the time to answer these questions, well you know, if you answered these questions, lol.

11. Hero Supreme

I don't think they said, but he is kind of a quick tempered punk.

12. Bobbywoodhogan

Bobbywoodhogan I Will Find Him!

I have a few questions

1) how much are the big three in it?

2) do we see other Legion members?

13. Hero Supreme

1. They are not main characters, but have a few scenes. Dawnstar and Karate Kid are the main characters.

2. The Legion is Lex Luthor, Toyman, Cheetah, Solomon Grundy, Captain Cold, Black Manta, Grodd, and Bizarro.

14. Bobbywoodhogan

Thank you

Sorry Legion I meant the Legion of Superheroes on question 2.

15. Hero Supreme

Nope. Just those 2, but there is a a cameo by

In all, I agree that it has a JLU-light tone. More grounded than the Super Friends, but much lighter than Young Justice or the other DTVs. And for the record, miles better than Brainiac Attacks.

16. Nightwing26

Nightwing26 New Member

Thanks! I was hoping we would know which Robin, but it's not like it was important to the story anyways, so I can live with it. And quick-tempered makes me think of Jason and Damian, but I could easily see Dick as well (kind of pulling off his character from the Teen Titans series and mixing it up).

17. Hero Supreme

Doubtful its Damian. He's too old. The long flowing locks make me think its Dick.

18. mrbean1500

mrbean1500 Member

This was definitely better than Brainiac Attacks...

It was nice to hear a lot of familiar voice actors.

Music was well done (to be expected since it was Frederik Wiedmann)

Character designs were slightly "cartoony",but it fits the target demographic I suppose. The animation was fine (not choppy at all).

Voice Cast:

Slight Easter Egg:

19. Bobbywoodhogan

What were the voice actors like? i'm most interested in Superman myself what was he like?

Cool thanks again

20. BreakAbone

BreakAbone Member

Fantastically fun movie.

Wrote up a review if anyone cares.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 21, 2014