1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

"Jessica Jones" Episode 2 "AKA Crush Syndrome" Talkback (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Marvel Live-Action Movies and Television' started by Yojimbo, Nov 25, 2015.

1. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

Please note, this thread may contain spoilers and references to the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

Following a tragic end to her brief superhero career, Jessica Jones tries to rebuild her life as a private investigator, dealing with cases involving people with remarkable abilities in New York City.

[​IMG]

Episode 2 "AKA Crush Syndrome" Talkback

Friday, November 20, 2015 @ 12 a.m. on Netflix

Jessica vows to prove Hope's innocence, even though it means tracking down a terrifying figure from her own past.

If you saw the whole season and want to talk about it all:
    #1: "Series Talkback"

2. Peter Paltridge

Peter Paltridge Knows about rock people
    Staff Member Moderator

I still have no idea how Jessica's supposed to take on this guy (which is good, storywise this is what you want). We now know Kilgrave is susceptible to a certain chemical, though how it's going to be delivered is the question. The fight sounds incredibly one-sided -- if it doesn't knock him out immediately, there'll really be no way for Jessica to fight back.

Oh yeah......earplugs. Weird she hasn't thought of those at all.

3. Neo Yi

Neo Yi The Apparition
    Staff Member Moderator Reporter

Kilgrave's left a kind of creepy mark that gave me chills in the first two episodes. I think a lot of that is owed to how they handled his character: they tease just enough of the guy without going all the way. We don't know what happens to those two kids trapped in a closet. You think at best they might be safe there, that Kilgrave won't kill them or their parents, only using them to crash in their pad. But then you start thinking of other stuff: How long did he stay there? How long did the kids stay inside the closet? Were they fed? Did any of them die under Kilgrave's commands? Did the kids starve? Incidentally, we don't see Kilgrave ordering that man to give up his kidneys, but the aftermath and is horrifying and upsetting, only further adding to the idea that yeah, that family Kilgrave used might have suffered fates far worse than death.

Mind hypnosis is a common power in superhero, but never have I felt so grossed out by its usage. The show really goes out of its way to show just how little moral Kilgrave has using them. Keeping much of the consequences ambiguous, but no doubt harmful, only adds to the paranoia. Dang, this is a good villain. Brrr...

4. Gold Guy

Gold Guy Ride On
    Staff Member Moderator

Man, this show is good; I've already marathoned the whole thing. :p

My favorite part in this episode is actually the Jessica/Luke interaction, which is much more natural than in the original comic. Also, Killgrave appeared much faster than Fisk, which isn't a bad thing at all.