1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

"Jem and the Holograms (2015 Ongoing)" Series Talkback (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Comic Book Culture' started by James Harvey, Mar 25, 2015.

?

Jem and the Holograms - Discuss and Rate!

1. ***** (truly outrageous!)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. ****1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. ****

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. ***1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. ***

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. **1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. **

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. *1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. *

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1/2 (truly hideous!)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. zoombie

zoombie Well-Known Member

Issue 12

Okay first of all a quick review of the valentine's day special, nothing important happened, just some wacky stuff, but Pizzazz and Eric, I loved that.

Anyway issue 12, I am kind of confused why are the Holograms effected by the darkness, that should only be Jerrica, right. Seeing the dark gloomy Jem and the Holograms, it is hilarious.

I love seeing that the Misfits they all accepting of Blaze and being a tran, even in the old cartoon, the Misfits were raciest or sexist, they were jerks to everyone equally, ha ha. Also glad to finally see that Clash cares about Blaze, so there is merit to their friendship. A look at Clash in a whole different light.

If the Holograms were themselves and not evil, I would love for the reveal that Jem and the Holograms and Misfits they get along great without Pizzazz. Pizzazz the commoner divider, I always thought in the old cartoon, that alone Roxy and Jetta they can be reasoned with and get along with.

I am loving this comic, I love they are trying to give depth to everyone even Pizzazz.

2. zoombie

Issue 13

First of all I have the regular cover A issue and I love the cover with Pizazz and her cat, I love seeing the valuable side of Pizazz in this arc. Though the convention exclusive cover with Kimber and Stormer is adorable to.

It is role reversal here as the Misfits songs have more color and brightness to them, while the Holograms have more of a dark edge. Perhaps if Pizazz was still here maybe the Misfits would still have the dark grid that they have had in the past.

And Blaze is just plan adorable, poor Blaze doesn't what she has gotten herself into with Dark Jem and the Holograms spreading darkness to the world.

And Jem kissed Rio, well have the love triangle nope and I am glad. But that does cause Jerrica to snap out of the dark trance, and than she, Rio ,and Creig they do a heist to kidnap the Holograms and get back to normal. And Creig warned us that Aja bites and than she actually bites him, and he asks next time draw straws on kidnaps Aja. I just loved that.

Jem and the Holograms they are back to normal, but the effects of the dark music has already effected many people, what will they do.Looks like we are going to have to kill Synergy, but might be too late.

We now reach the half way point of this arc, I can't wait to read the next issue.

3. zoombie

Issue 14

Well Dark Jem continues, our heroes are out of Silicia's control, but the damage is done. They all have to make up with their loved ones. I loved that they didn't forget those details. Other series might just skip that and let's move onto the action, but not here.

I really like Blaze and Clash relationship, Clash is just open with her feelings including her jealousy, and in other series a character like Clash would have lied and said Blaze sucked just to be a jerk, but this series doesn't do that.

I wonder who Eric was talking to, could it be Zipper. That is my guess. that or Wolverine with the way this guy looked.

There is some debate what to do with Synergy, but it is too late, Slicia is loose, what will happen now. Well looks like we will have a Hologram / Misfit team up according to the previews, it be like the time they stranded on that island.

Anyway can't wait for the next issue.