1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

Jay and Silent Bob

Discussion in 'The Entertainment Board' started by Batmite, May 12, 2001.

1. Batmite

Batmite Guest

I just saw dogma last night and i thought it was funny as crap. Jay is the man! he's so cool. i wanna be like him when i grow up. and silent bob is awesome. he looks like my friend russell, except silent bob is like 15 years older than russell. i rented clerks like 2 hours ago and i haven't watched it yet. i hope it's as good as dogma is.

2. Peace Keeper

Peace Keeper Guest

Interesting choice for a role model

3. Clayface

Clayface Molecularly Malleable Mod

Kevin Smith is a movie god. Here's how I rank his movies in my personal preference:

1) Chasing Amy
    2) Clerks
    3) Tie between Dogma and Mallrats.

I can't wait to see Jay and Silent Bob Strike back!

4. The Mad Hatter

The Mad Hatter Whyyyyy'sis heead so biiiiiig?

Oh yeah, Kevin Smith does some darn good stuff. Have any of you seen the collection of Clerks:TAS yet? It's just about as good as his movies (at least as good as Mallrats, if not moreso).

And yeah, not only are we getting Jay & Silent Bob Strike Back, we're getting it as a summer movie! Late August, last I heard. I've also heard rumors that Kevin Smith will actually move the camera around this time, so we shall see....

5. Batmite

Batmite Guest

haha. i just watched clerks and that movie is funny as crap. i like the guy who was checking the eggs. that was funny as crapola. but he was no match for jay, oh man is he awesome.

6. Clayface

Yep, I've got the Clerks:TAS DVD! Its awesome!

Who is driving car? Oh my god, Bear is driving car! How can this be?!
    Heheheheheheheh!

7. The Mad Hatter

The Mad Hatter Whyyyyy'sis heead so biiiiiig?

Car full of midgets!!

8. DR. BELCH

DR. BELCH Member

Jay as a role model

Well, he's a filthy-mouthed,cerebrally-challenged. pot-dealing, long-haired, flea-infested sh**head. I concur with P.K. Personally I'd rather be like Bob. It's better to be quiet and let them think you're a moron than speak and remove all doubt. I just like the way Bob stands there, silent and stone-faced in just about every situation, in that long black topcoat and backwards hat. I do that sometimes in crowds and find it unnerves people tremendously.

Dogma was an excellent satire of the Catholic faith. As I told Kojiro (RockItShipper) once, Judaism and Catholiscism are the two funniest religions in America--that's why all the great comedians are either Jews or Catholics. Think about it--how many Lutheran comics do you see working the Strip in Vegas? We're pretty stodgy people--few of us can look at ourselves or our beliefs and laugh.
    Now, no one get offended and flame me for this, but...I used to date a Catholic--and let me tell you, they are frigging nuts! Little wonder...the key to a lot of their teachings, as I see it, is sex--notice how many of their stories feature women who become physically aroused in church (!) after seeing (almost always) a male saint appear, who touches or speaks to them.
    I've got another story about what this girl did while watching The Exorcist, but it comes with a triple-X rating. ;)

BTW, the feces monster was my favorite part of Dogma. [color=****] I've heard of taking a crap, but a crap taking you? [/color] :eek:

9. Clayface

Re: Jay as a role model

This isn't meant as a flame, but, boy, if that's not the pot calling the kettle black! Every Lutheran I've met has been as nuts as the Catholics! LOL!

10. don Jaime

don Jaime Active Member

Yes, Lutherans are Catholics in denial. And I'll just say "the vision of Saint Teresa of Avila" and let it go at that, Belchie. It's the one Bernini made that statue of.

But on behalf of my fellow Baptists, what about us? We don't even dance, literally for Christ's sake. Where's our comedians?

11. Clayface

Oy! Don't even get me started on the Baptists! I've got a whopper of a story about a Baptist wedding I went to once! Ugh.

12. DR. BELCH

DR. BELCH Member

Lutherans: the break-away religion

Well, the younger ones seem to be waking up to their carnality (and I suppose it's true also of young Catholics, because my mom tells me her Catholic friends were nothing like my ex...though I insist she probably never heard them after-hours, then mimic the noises of a woman in the throes of passion to illustrate what it would have sounded like, and for some inexplicable rason she gets p***ed at me) and finding some sense of, for lack of a better word, identity. It's the older ones who are the stodgy, set-in-their-ways buggers. There's one old coot in my church who must be d*** near a hundred and is such a hard-nosed old-fashion German Lutheran I sometimes wonder if I hollered, "Heil!" to him, would he'd snap a Nazi salute in response? ;)

A Jewish friend on the Immaculate Conception:"If Jesus was born of a virgin, how come he didn't get hung up in the hymen?"

Old joke: Why don't Baptists have relations standing up? Somebody might see them and think they're dancing.

Don't get me started on Mormons and their sacred undergarments which they're not allowed to remove. I wonder if they live in constant fear of eating beans and peanuts? :eek: