Jaws Swims on to Blu-Ray August, 2012!!!

Discussion in 'The Entertainment Board' started by Viper, Apr 24, 2012.

1. Viper

Viper I'll Never Forget You Two!

Everyone, I found this out recently on comingsoon.net.

As part of Universal's Centennial series, Jaws will be swimming on to Blu-Ray for the first time on August 14, 2012. From what I saw on amazon for extras, it'll contain everything from the 2005 30th Anniversary edition plus a new documentary titled "The Shark is Still Working: The Impact & Legacy of Jaws" plus the return of the original theatrical trailer.

If no one's ever bought this movie, you'll soon have another chance to. It's one of the best movies of all time.

As for me, I think I'll keep my 30th Anniversary Edition set.:anime:

2. Boy Wonder

Boy Wonder An old geezer from the north!

If Best Buy would bring up the deal again about trading in DVD for BD, that BD would be a good bargain! Otherwise, I might keep the DVD.

3. Michael24

Michael24 Moderator

My #3 favorite movie of all-time? You can bet I'm buying this. :D

I watched a video on the restoration recently, and it looks fantastic. I just hope that Brody's famous "Smile, you sonofa--" line is properly restored to its entirety. The DVD release I have has the end of the line clipped off in the sound mix. Not that it would keep me from getting the Blu-Ray. Just bugs me to not hear it anymore.

4. Hanshotfirst1138

Hanshotfirst1138 Singing drunken lullabies

I have the 30th anniversary version with the original mono mix, I believe that's how Spielberg and the sound guys originally mixed it. This'll be GORGEOUS on Blu-Ray! It'd better have the original mono track though.