1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

Janet Waldo - Tom & Jerry ??

Discussion in 'Back To The Inkwell - Classic Cartoons Discussion' started by Eric Brown, Apr 23, 2011.

1. Eric Brown

Eric Brown Member

Was reviewing the Jetsons First Season DVD. In the Special Features, Janet Waldo provides commentary over the Rosie the Robot (1st) episode. In that commentary she mentions that she had never done cartoon voices until she did Judy.

In the Tom and Jerry cartoon "Tot Watchers" (1958), the baby sitter sounds quite a bit like Janet Waldo. This speculation has also shown up in other threads.

Any thoughts or info out there ??

2. zoombie

zoombie Well-Known Member

I don't know maybe for legal reasons she couldn't mention that. But that is her in those Tom And Jerry cartoons.

Anyway I hope in future Tom and Jerry DVDs, Jeanie or Jenny (I don't remember the name exactly) returns. She was a funny character, I think Grey DeLisle would be a great choice to voice that character.

3. Tobias

Tobias Who you gonna call?

Maybe she meant 'television' cartoons. Weren't the T&J cartoons all theatrical shorts at that time?

4. CartoonFridays

CartoonFridays Promoted to detective.

She voiced the "Snow Bunny' cat in the TV cartoon "The Snow Bunny" (1975).
    The voice was just like Penelope Pitstop.

5. Silverstar

Silverstar Rock the Dragon

Just a guess, but Ms. Waldo might have meant that she hadn't done cartoon voices on TV before The Jetsons, 'cause that was definitely her in "Tot Watchers".

What else could they possibly do with Jeannie? She was only good for 1 story, "Tot Watchers", and that story's already been told. Unless WB were to reformat Tom & Jerry into a Blythe Loves the Littlest Pet Shop type of show, I don't see what else they could do with Jeannie in the T&J world.

What does that have to do with the topic?

6. DarthGonzo

DarthGonzo Fourteen Years!

Jeannie was in two cartoons. Tot Watchers and Busy Buddies.

7. Steve Carras

Steve Carras SUGAR RUSH!!!!

And she's apparently heard in Friz Freleng's "Hare Splitter" at Warner Bros., apparently it is her as "Daisy Lou" ("Carrots..oh..whatta man":)(though Mel Blanc's "Porky's Spring Planting" (1938) "screaming flower voice" and then Bea Benadaret ARE heard, despite Daisy's brief lines (Benadaret does the other WB Daisy Lou, from "A Hick-Slick-& Chick").(both also very Penelope-Snow Bunny like) I've read that asserrtation from Janet as well, but "The Jetsons" at least was her first regular Tv appearance, if any.

8. Steve Carras

Steve Carras SUGAR RUSH!!!!

What..wouldn't Janet have been well alive (though she passed away as noted elsewhere last night)....

9. veemonjosh

veemonjosh Get back, Jojo

I'm confused why you're asking this. This thread was from five years ago, of course she was alive then.