1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

"iZombie" Season Three Talkback (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'DC Live-Action Movies and Television' started by Yojimbo, Apr 5, 2017.

Tags:
?

Discuss the third season of iZombie

1. *****

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. ****1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. ****

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. ***1/2

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
  5. ***

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. **1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. **

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. *1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. *

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

Based on the critically-acclaimed Vertigo/DC Comics title, iZombie returns for another season, airing Tuesdays at 9pm (ET) on The CW!

[​IMG]
    "Heaven Just Got a Little Smoother"
    Tuesday,April 4, 2017 @ 9 p.m. ET/7 CT on The CW

Comments on this series?

Related Discussion:
    -Season One Talkback
    -Season Two Talkback

2. hobbyfan

hobbyfan Well-Known Member

Not only is Blaine accused of lying, but we're finding he can carry a tune. Nice job covering "You Keep Me Hanging On". This season sounds like another visual analogue for Hollywood sentiment against President Trump, substituting zombies for immigrants.

Poor Clive. The death of a young zombie who used to be a neighbor of his may have just galvanized him even more.

Donny is such a tool. He thinks Blaine is faking his amnesia when it's really legit.

3. Road to Gotham

Road to Gotham Well-Known Member

I got confuse and wrote this on the SEASON 2 thread.

Plenty of laughs to be had with Liv and Major on Father and Daughter brains. :D

4. hobbyfan

That's what worries me. They may be turning this more into a comedy show, when it wasn't meant to be that way, IMPO.

Just finished watching On Demand. They do a better job of seguing to flashbacks here than they do on Arrow, though I don't see them doing this for very long, because I can't see this arc with Clive lasting too much longer.

5. hobbyfan

Penguin must be slipping. No promo two weeks running.

Blaine the lounge singer? Sweet stuff. Now, watch. They'll find a way to get David Anders on The Flash for season 4's musical episode.

Robert Knepper is pulling double duty, as he also appears on Prison Break, airing directly opposite iZombie. Nice work if you can get it.

Hmmm, I get the feeling we'll get Peyton & Blaine doing a duet (only because Aly Michalka is a former Disney Channel star and recording artist). Soundtrack CD please!

Can't wait to see Dumb Donny fall flat on his face with his latest scheme.

Wait. Did I get the implication that Major is dying? Oy.

6. Road to Gotham

Robert Knepper has also been on HOMELAND this season on SHOWTIME. Busy Guy.

Haven't seen this weeks episode nor FLASH as the CUBS game is wreaking havoc with my viewing options.
    IZombie will be on until around midnight and thats when I am at work. Setting up the DVR.

7. hobbyfan

Goofy episode this time focusing on office gossip.

Could "Bleyton" end up being a thing after all? Something tells me.......no. Still, David Anders is doing his best work to date.

8. hobbyfan

Week 5:

Can we get Rose McIver a Emmy nomination? She's doing her best work to date, as is David Anders (MIA this week).

I half expected Liv to try that leather mask on, but, nah. Where's the fun in that?

So now the vain weather guy is now a news anchor?!? Layoffs at the television station, I suppose. Daran Norris (Fairly Oddparents) is good kept in small doses. Cue the Cosmo-does-the-news jokes.

So it's officially the end of Liv & Major? Meh. They'll get back together. Assuming there's a season 4 or if Robert Buckley lands another gig.......

9. hobbyfan

Looking at tonight:

Turns out Don E. wasn't wrong after all, and that Blaine's been playing everyone for suckers, and it costs him Peyton.

Either Don or Blaine stole the syringes, but Blaine has Ravi's formula. Hmmmmmmm.

If Liv takes the cure, that's the end of the series. Double hmmmmm.

Yo, Yojimbo. Are you or Penguin doing synopsis for the last two episodes?

10. Road to Gotham

Glad Peyton found out the truth about Blain, She deserves way better then him.

Seeing Major's mom makes me wonder if we will ever see Liv's Mom and Brother again.

11. hobbyfan

Anything's possible, but the talk about Liv taking the cure makes me wonder if this isn't possibly the final season.......

12. Road to Gotham

As you know by its been renewed for a 4th season. :D

Due to weather updates I missed nearly half the episode. :(

From what I saw Major is still in the military zombie forces.
    Liv is dating Major's buddy from the military.
    Seems Liv ate brains from a teacher.(?)

13. hobbyfan

A pre-school or kindergarten teacher's brain? Comedy gold!

Blaine gets shot. After what had happened an hour earlier on The Flash, I just wasn't digging.

Liv gets a new boyfriend, but this won't last long, now that he's a target for the redneck zombie hata's.

Happy for the renewal, but we won't know 'til later this week if it's an October launch or April again.

14. Road to Gotham

I am so CONFUSED about Blaine. o_O
    I thought he was human again but it seems he is not.
    It was FUN seeing Liv let loose. :)

15. hobbyfan

Ok, so Blaine tries drowning his pops, and reconciles with Dopey Don E.. How long before they're at each other's throats again?

For those who don't know, Robert Ri'chard, who played this week's victim, might be better known for the Nickelodeon series, Cousin Skeeter, back in the late 90's (Bill Bellamy voiced the titular puppet). Jackass was so last decade, but got appropriately skewered.

5 episodes left, and they're holding this 'til Spring again next year? You wonder why people are begging CW to add a 6th night of programming.

16. hobbyfan

On to this week's show.

My bro's roommate is boycotting this week because they actually played Dungeons & Dragons back in the day, and the roomie doesn't like gamers in general being disrespected just for laughs.

Anyway, because you have multiple storylines, there wasn't enough time given to the main mystery of the week, as the resolution came rather suddenly.

The zombie candidate for mayor gets shot. Seems Chase is the bad apple in the barrel that Liv has to be concerned with in the final 4 eps.

Oh, and speaking of Liv, how many other zombies in Hollywood have that hot a hourglass figure? I'm talking to you fans of Walking Dead.

Mr. Boss returns. Blaine best not get too comfy with his new gig.

Don E. goes and gets pinched by the zombie "truthers". Like, who didn't see that coming, knowing how stupid he is.....

17. hobbyfan

Nobody's commenting on this week's show? Huh?

Blaine should've known better than to trust Boss. Should've offered the guy a case of Bud Light (remember the commercials Eddie Jemison did back in the day?)....

Then, Blaine & Liv go "full Romero" to rescue Dopey Don E., setting up a sweet cliffhanger for next week.

The return of Liv's ex as a ghost had me thinking about the Vertigo book that inspired this show. The reason this is a crime drama more often than not is because Roberson & Allred's original vision was similar to that of Being Human. Since that series has ended production here in the US, maybe they decided to finally reference the book to an extent?

18. Road to Gotham

Nothing taste better then fresh brains right out of the cranium. :eek:

19. hobbyfan

Not so much when at least 4 people are dining on it.

Only Don E. would be stupid enough to equate a joint vision shared with Blaine & Liv with another kind of 3-way.

So Major & Shana are already done due to Shana exploiting Major for personal gain. Gee, y'don't suppose the producers are trying to tell us Major should go back to Liv?

20. Road to Gotham

Rose McIver was probably pleased not to wear her zombie makeup for the entire episode.
    McIver sort of reminds me of Kristen Bell.
    Maybe that is why Rob Thomas hired her.

Poor Major, another girlfriend gone. His relationships don't last long.