1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

Teen Titans Fan Fiction It's a Date (Teen Titans)

Discussion in 'The Story Board' started by rrarbecy, Mar 12, 2005.

1. rrarbecy

rrarbecy I'm Back!

I was getting kind of bored with All for Nothing, so I've started writing this story. It's short and I should be in the mood to write more of AFN when this is over, so consider this a way of passing my time. I hope you enjoy it, though.

It’s a Date​

A pair of tawny hands slipped a purple boot over her polished toenails and up her leg. Standing up, she brushed her bright red hair out of her face revealing her large green eyes. Walking toward her bedroom door, she straightened her purple miniskirt and tugged at her silver gloves.

The door opened with a soft “whoosh” and she stepped into the dark hallway. Her hands shook slightly with a combination of nerves and anticipation. She was sure that it was customary for the other gender to ask the question she was thinking of asking, but it didn’t really matter as long as she got what she so desperately wanted.

She walked into a large circular room which seemed like a kitchen and living room combined into one. She stepped down the stairs and past a counter where a girl in a purple cloak sat, reading a large leather bound book. She peered over the top of her book. “Starfire,” she asked, “where have you been for the past twenty minutes?”

“I have been…preparing,” replied Starfire quietly, quite uncharacteristic of her usual boisterous self. In typical Raven fashion, she decided not to press the subject and went back to reading her book.

Continuing toward the living area, Starfire looked around for the person she most wanted to talk to at the time. She stopped at the black couch where two boys sat playing videogames. “I’m sorry,” she said, “but have either of you seen Robin?”

A boy with green skin jerked his thumb to his left toward a boy with headphones. “Robin,” she thought to herself. Without so much as a word, she started toward him.

“A ‘thank you’ would be nice,” complained the green boy from the couch.

“Oh,” said Starfire, jumping slightly. “I’m sorry. Thank you Beast Boy.” The boy next to Beast Boy turned his partially metallic head slightly toward her. He found it strange that the usual giggle wasn’t in Starfire's voice, but was distracted by his car crossing the finish line.

“Boo yah!!” he shouted triumphantly.

“No fair,” shouted Beast Boy, leaping out of his seat, “I was distracted.”

Tuning this out, Starfire started slowly walked toward Robin. “Robin,” she shouted so that he could hear her over his music. He pulled the headphones off and his spiky black hair sprang back into place.

“Need something, Star?” he asked, tilting his head slightly to the left.

“Um, yes actually,” she asked quietly.

“You okay,” asked Robin with concern, “You seem kind of subdued?”

“Oh no, Robin,” said Starfire, giggling. “Nothing is wrong; I just need to ask you a question.”

“Sure Starfire,” he said, “You know you can ask me anything.”

“Well, I was won-” A blaring horn caused her to break off in mid-sentence. Robin’s head angled toward a flashing red light on the ceiling.

“Trouble,” he shouted to his friends. “Teen Titans, GO!” Everyone ran to the door except for Starfire. She just stood there in disappointment.

“Timing…” she said, shaking her head and she flew after her friends to do their daily job.
    --------------------------------------------------
    There. I'm actually proud of that piece.:D

#1 rrarbecy, Mar 12, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2005
  2. Aquagirl15

Aquagirl15 Heaven's not enough

That was really good. I like it when timing is all off. I find it slightly funny to see how the people react. Can't wait too see what happens and what Robin will say.

And as an afterthought First POST!! :D

3. rrarbecy

rrarbecy I'm Back!

Thanks Aquagirl. I appreciate your input.

You know, I just watched Beast Within today, and it reminded me that I think Robin needs to get the crap kicked out of him.

4. NightMare

NightMare Someone not worth recognizing.

Great start!:anime:

I like some of the words you used in it, and the dialogue (however you spell that word) is really good.

Did I ever tell you that cliffhangers annoy me?

Well now you know.

5. K-dog

K-dog the latin king of comedy

wow DJ, you out did yourself with this one^_^ good job, starfires timing was horrible but hey, better late than never.
    hmm, i dont really see a cliffhanger. that was a good place to end it acually. keep writing

cityofdarkages
    A.K.A CODA

6. TerraWHRobin4

TerraWHRobin4 Member

very good! i like this!

7. Blue_Fire

Blue_Fire cute but psycho

Interesting. Very interesting. I'd kinda like to see more. :D

8. percguy89

percguy89 Things Change

9. Crowgirl

Crowgirl Active Member

Why is it that I always reply after everybody else does, and after all the good comments have been taken? :mad: :p

I agree with Nightmare and Aquagirl, because they're comments would have been the same as mine. :D The timing was off for Star, but all the better for the story. I bet the villian is gonna be beat up by Starfire for interupting her "proposal".

And yeah, Robin does need to get the crap kicked out of him, but I also find it pathetic that the Titans can't work without him as their leader (Revolution and is also shown in Titans East II, when Cy's directing).

Ciao,
    CG

10. moro loci

moro loci SHEPHERDS PIE!!!!!!!!!

I like it, I find stuff like this quite funny so I look forward to the next part thingy. :D I give this chapter a SHEPHERDS PIE Rating of.............. 8 :anime: :anime: . ROCK ON DUDE!

11. DKH

DKH Member

This was great

I'm in the mood for some sort of light hearted comedy for a change.

I still hate Starfire though.:p

12. rrarbecy

rrarbecy I'm Back!

Who says that this will be light-hearted comedy?

13. DKH

DKH Member

......Now with my perspective of the story shattered and replaced with a cooler perspective, I wait for whats next more impatiently.

14. rrarbecy

rrarbecy I'm Back!

I live to satisfy.:D
    ---------------------------------------

Chapter 2

Another car flew through the air and was shot to pieces by a blue energy beam “Doesn’t this guy EVER take a vacation!?” shouted Cyborg over the crash.

Of all the criminals who could have attacked, it had to be the dumbest and most dim-witted. Starfire was exceedingly angry at Cinderblock’s tenacity. “I do not know,” she said loudly, “but he shall be taking an extended one after this battle.” She hurtled toward Cinderblock like lightning, drawing her fist back as far as she could.

As she reached him, she flung her arm forward with all her strength. Her fist connected with his hard face, and a resounding crack could be heard. Cinderblock stumbled back a couple of yards, but remained on his feet. As Starfire closed in for another strike, Cinderblock reached his arms out and caught her. He began squeezing.

Starfire tried to kick out, but he held her at a safe distance from his body. The other Titans started blasting Cinderblock, but he didn’t even seem to notice. He began to squeeze harder. Starfire was in intense pain, as she could feel her ribs and arms cracking under Cinderblock’s firm grip. She screamed in agony as she felt her left arm snap.

With a menacing battle cry, Robin leapt toward Cinderblock and hit him with a couple of exploding disks. This caused Cinderblock to involuntarily release Starfire and she plummeted toward the ground. In too much pain to fly it seemed that impact was inevitable. However, moments before she slammed into the ground, Cyborg came flying out of nowhere and snatched her out of midair.

Starfire writhed in his arms as he ran from the battle to get her to a safe distance. He gently placed her on the sidewalk about 500 yards from the battle. “Star,” he said, “can you hear me?” She nodded slightly as a tear streamed down her face.

It was at this time that Cinderblock was felled by a green ram. The other Titans ran over to where Starfire lay. “Is she all right?” asked Robin concernedly.

“She’s in a lot of pain,” said Cyborg. “I have some painkillers in the infirmary. We have to get back to the tower quickly.”

“I’ll take care of Cinderblock,” said Raven, “You guys go take care of Starfire.” Cyborg scooped her up again and ran to the T-Car.

----------------------------
    Wow. I even amaze myself sometimes. Now, if you'll excuse me, I have homework to do. And listen to Goo Goo Dolls. "Give a little bit. Give a little bit of your love to me..."

#14 rrarbecy, Mar 13, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 13, 2005
  15. starfire0639

starfire0639 Active Member

ooooh i love that song!-looks at the others staring at her from the loud blast of her voice-oop.....anywho,i do excede to the formost amount to the extremne level of happiness from this fic-runs over and hugs becy-as for me i love the starfire charchter,and you do define her reactions greatly...if thats a word.write more becy!

16. Aquagirl15

Aquagirl15 Heaven's not enough

That was very satifing. I liked the description you put in. Now we can all wonder what's going to happen to Star. Sounds like she'll be hurt for awhile. It could be a good thing or bad as i see it. Less time fighting more time to figure out what she's going to say. Lovin it DJ! :D

17. K-dog

now that was a cliffhanger but still good. ...i thought Robin was going to get beat up? oh well, poor poor starfire

18. rrarbecy

rrarbecy I'm Back!

Robin doesn't deserve the attention.

19. K-dog

but diddnt you say that he was gonna get beat up?

20. rrarbecy

rrarbecy I'm Back!

No, I said that he NEEDED to get beat up. I never said that I was going to do it.