1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

Is there too much sex in music videos?

Discussion in 'The Musiquarium' started by Mikurotoro92, May 29, 2016.

1. Mikurotoro92

Mikurotoro92 Banned

#1 Mikurotoro92, May 29, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2017
  2. jaylop97

jaylop97 L Twins

Yeah lots and lots of it, mainly by Nicki Minaj and other artists just cause its good for business, and honestly its just a thing in society these days it really should but those artist heavily rely on that they probably need it.

3. stephane dumas

stephane dumas Well-Known Member

I wonder if they to put lots of sex scenes so the song would look and/or sounds more cool? Even without the video, just listening the song on casette, cd or vinyl record, the Van Halen classic "Hot for Teacher" is still cool to hear after all these years.

Speaking of "Hot for teacher", would a video of this kind still be made today?

4. Golden Geek

Golden Geek Gera Gera Po

I can only think of a couple of music videos with actual sex scenes. A lot of them do have suggestive content though.

Ariana Grande's "Dangerous Woman" was a bit far in my opinion, considering she performed the song at the Radio Disney Music Awards.

5. Mikurotoro92

Mikurotoro92 Banned

I haven't seen the video but yeah the entire RDMA's went too far not just Ariana but other singers/bands like 5th Harmony! They looked really slutty especially for something DISNEY-related!

6. Freav

Freav BeakFreav

I'm okay with sex in music videos, it's an important subject and the deny or overcensorship of that is something that I find to be pretty negative.
    HOWEVER there is too much objectification in music videos and that is the main problem on the "over-sexualized" things we see these days

7. Checkerboard

Checkerboard THE HOME OF THE TOP TOON STARS

Explicit? Not really. Suggestive and subliminal? Definitely a ton.