1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

Is the modern generation ready for the revival of the mickey mouse club and air on disney channel?

Discussion in 'Disney/Pixar Forum' started by thomas2313412, Oct 17, 2016.

1. thomas2313412

thomas2313412 Active Member

Remember the Mickey mouse club ,It is one of the first television shows made by Disney Productions along with The Wonderful World of Disney and it is a children's variety show hosted by an adult and a young group of pre teens and teenagers as they are fans of Mickey mouse .

It was considered a popular show that it was revived in the 70s and then the late 80's to early 90s .

So what we are discussing in this topic is ,Are the modern generation ready for the revival of the mickey mouse club and air on disney channel and disney XD

Now i know that the show is renewed in south korea,But what about the U.S

I mean think about it it will be hosted by young kids along with current and future channel stars and will be aired on disney channel and disney XD .

The segments will include the 'mousketeers' doing sketches,visit great places and disneyland attractions ,explain trivias,Showing moments from the original shows ,They will show sneak previews for upcoming disney shows ,cartoon shows and movies along with some star wars movies ,marvel cinematic universe movies,Disney video games and toys.

Also one of the mousketeers will interview a celebrity from one of the disney shows,movies,star wars movies and MCU movies .

The theme song will be the modern remix of the original one with roll call of the new members which will be a mixture of the openings of both original and the 90s versions.

However there will be no toon segments since modern generation just find short cartoons using internet however musical performance will be included.

So what do you say,Is the modern generation ready for the revival of the mickey mouse club and air on disney channel and disney XD?

#1 thomas2313412, Oct 17, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 17, 2016
  2. PinkiePie97

PinkiePie97 Well-Known Member

I never saw Mickey Mouse Club, so I don't have much to say here, but I don't think the revival in Korea got renewed (someone correct me if I'm wrong), so I'm not sure it would work in the U.S.

3. thomas2313412

Well you can segments on the old in youtube or any video sites and yeah i read from the wiki site that it isn't renewed but i think that the mickey mouse club is ready to be renewed for the modern era but do you?

4. PinkiePie97

PinkiePie97 Well-Known Member

Like I said, I don't have much to say about this because I never saw the show before. Pretty much all had to say was based on what I knew about the status of the Korean revival.

5. DisneyFan101

DisneyFan101 New Member

I was actually thinking about this a few days ago after feeling nostalgic. I feel it would be a great idea and move for Disney to bring back such an iconic show into the current generation for children and teens alike. Sorta how All That was for Nickelodeon, Disney could use a variety program to create new stars for future spin-off films or series. New episodes could possibly premiere on Disney prime-time while older episodes could later be shown earlier on their channel and Disney XD. There is a lot of potential to be made from this idea, merchandise, music ... etc.

#5 DisneyFan101, Oct 19, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 20, 2016
  6. Rick Jones

Rick Jones Hero Fan
    Staff Member Moderator

A show like So Random was pretty much what a modern MMC might be.

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using Tapatalk

7. thomas2313412

Yeah,I wish that type could happen

But So random are not like MMC

8. DonkeyKongSong

DonkeyKongSong Active Member

I never really saw much of Mickey Mouse Club. You're saying it's like a variety show, comparing it to All That and So Random!... so did it have sketches in the vein of Saturday Night Live or MADtv or In Living Color?

I would love to see something like that.

9. Rick Jones

Rick Jones Hero Fan
    Staff Member Moderator

I only know the 90s series but they had sketches and lots of musical numbers. If I remember correctly they tried launching a pop group tied into the show with some of the cast members.

I really can't remember the sketches much, unlike All That. Even though I was really young, the comedy wasn't much to my taste.

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using Tapatalk

10. thomas2313412

The sketches are almost in the vein of Saturday Night Live or MADtv or In Living Color because they are family oriented.

Oh.

11. TsWade2

TsWade2 Active Member

Gee, I don't know. I mean, I would love to see that happen, but I don't want obsess about it.

12. thomas2313412

I know it's a bit weird to restart the thread but I heard a few months ago that Disney is going to revive Mickey Mouse Club as Facebook original series, Casting hasn't started yet though but I have a feeling it will be greenlighted in 2019 and it will be renamed as 'Club Mickey Mouse'

Proof:
    https://qz.com/974655/disney-dis-is...gosling-and-justin-timberlake-on-facebook-fb/
    http://www.cnbc.com/2017/05/02/disney-bringing-back-the-mickey-mouse-club-as-facebook-show.html

Though it made me wonder if they could have aired it on Disney Channel and Disney XD instead. And give it a different name to just simply be 'Club Mickey' or 'Mickey's Club'

13. Rick Jones

Rick Jones Hero Fan
    Staff Member Moderator

A series on Facebook? I wonder hiw that would work.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

14. thomas2313412

The site has a video section, you know

15. Mikurotoro92

Mikurotoro92 Banned

This Facebook revival of Mickey Mouse Club has got to be the DUMBEST thing I've ever heard

Why can't they do what ABC is currently doing with the revivals of The Gong Show and Battle of the Network Stars?

It's sounds like they are targeting millennials instead of young kids

If that's the case then just put it on Freeform!