1. View our list of the Top 10 Characters That Need a DC Animated Film. Click here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

is new x-men cartoon still happening?

Discussion in 'The Marvel Animation Forum' started by nappy, Sep 5, 2017.

1. nappy

nappy New Member

I remember back in Feb of this year there was news/rumor about a new x-men animated series. Since then no new updates have surfaced.

Anyone knows why that rumor began in the first place? Are we still getting a new x-men cartoon?

I personally would love to see continuation of x-men evolution with phoenix saga.

• Like Like x 3
  2. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

The closest thing to an X-Men cartoon we know about at the moment is that Deadpool animated series announced for next year.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Yeah, the closest thing we have to an X-Men cartoon coming up, at least officially, is the upcoming Deadpool cartoon on FX by Donald Glover.

I think it's possible that Bleeding Cool got wind of a deal between Marvel and Fox happening in regards to animation and assuming that would be a new X-Men cartoon.

4. AdrenalineRush1996

AdrenalineRush1996 Active Member

Well, I could see it happen once Avengers Assemble or the GOTG cartoon concludes its run.

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  5. jaylop97

jaylop97 Commonly found at Night

Most news tends to be spotty, it takes a while to find much of anything for a show in development.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Barbossa

Barbossa Member

Not happening. Marvel animation would rather make an Inhuman animated series (Even though no one cares about them) or fold up than to make an Xmen animated series for kids. Marvel wants to protect our children and our schools from those mutant menace. Senator Kelly would be so proud.

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. AdrenalineRush1996

AdrenalineRush1996 Active Member

I doubt it as in an Inhumans animated show in place of a X-Men animated show and actually, it's Isaac Perlmutter, not Marvel, who's responsible for sidelining the X-Men and pushing for Inhumans to become the next big thing for Marvel. However it backfired due to the strong backlash from X-Men fans and due to the poor response of the Inhumans MCU TV show.

I wouldn't say a new X-Men animated show wouldn't happen if I were you because honestly, who really cares about the Inhumans aside from fans who like them and Perlmutter? No one and it showed in the poor reception of the TV show. I strongly doubt that Marvel Animation should respect Perlmutter's decisions and I've had enough of the "Inhumans pandering/X-Men sidelining" trash.

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. thomas2313412

thomas2313412 Member

Sadly no,Unless Marvel get the Xmen and fantastic four rights from FOX