1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

Is Marvel Cancelling The Fantastic Four?

Discussion in 'Marvel Comics and Collectibles' started by macattack, May 30, 2014.

1. Rabbitearsblog

This is getting out of control. I actually thought that only the Fantastic Four was affected by this, but the X-Men too? At least Spider-Man has a chance to possibly cross over to the MCU if Marvel and Sony agree to let Spider-Man be in the same universe as the Avengers. However, this seems like a petty move by Marvel just because they don't have the movie rights to these franchises. It's not like the comics would really affect the general public's opinions on these franchises, especially if the movies did pretty well and most people know about these characters because of the movies.

2. Pacman7821

Pacman7821 Member

Knowing Marvel, they will relaunch it with a new #1.

3. hobbyfan

hobbyfan Well-Known Member

The comics were, after all, the basis for the movies in the first place. Fox is being selfish by not allowing any direct x-over with the MCU, holding FF & X-Men for themselves. I think now you see why Marvel went with their killing Wolverine angle. Stupid, yes, but the current management at Marvel needs to change.

4. Dudley

Dudley Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I dunno, man. Although I was told this years ago, back in art school we were taught how movies almost little effect on comic sales.

5. Rabbitearsblog

Here's another theory I have regarding the cancellation of Fantastic Four (although this is just a speculation). I think another reason why the Fantastic Four was cancelled was because it was one of the few comics out there that has a family dynamic. Notice that lately in many of Marvel comics you have heroes fighting each other and relationships being broken up for no reason while the Fantastic Four were still together. I'm thinking that Fantastic Four was cancelled because it wasn't fitting into the current state of Marvel comics (but again, that's just speculation).