1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

Is Jeph Loeb still running Marvel Animation?

Discussion in 'The Marvel Animation Forum' started by KombatMaster94, Oct 3, 2017.

1. KombatMaster94

Sometimes I've been wondering if Jeph Loeb still runs Marvel Animation. He hasn't been seen in Marvel Animation panels at cons, and he still runs Marvel TV in general, but it's been mentioned on this forum he still does run Marvel Animation in some degree, since it's a part of the former. Obviously, I'm sure Loeb's gonna leave one day and Marvel cartoons will be good again, every studio head comes and goes, but is he still doing mandates on the studio?

2. TheLemsterPju

TheLemsterPju Well-Known Member

I'm positive the animation business is more complicated than that.

Your views aren't worth as much as a man's career. ("good" = subjective.)

3. Rick Jones

Rick Jones Hero Fan
    Staff Member Moderator

The last animated project I remember him commenting on was Deadpool and that's Fox/Marvel TV and not Marvel Animation. I don't remember him being that hands on once the Netflix shows took off or Wacker came on board but who knows how involved he is at this point. I imagine everything done under the Marvel TV umbrella still has to have some sort of okay from him.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. AdrenalineRush1996

AdrenalineRush1996 Active Member

You do not speak for Marvel Animation, yet you have attacked detractors of the recent Marvel animated shows for not liking them (as in their views) and think that everyone likes said shows. How about you stop doing that for good? Because honestly, I think you went too far on this. Let them say what they want on whether we'll ever see a good Marvel animated show in the near future because honestly, you need to stop telling them off on that and you need to realise that not everyone likes them.

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    #4 AdrenalineRush1996, Oct 3, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2017
  5. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I don't think Loeb is the direct head of Marvel Animation anymore, having been succeeded by Stephen Wacker and then Cort Lane, but he is still generally the overseer of Marvel TV in general so I imagine he at least has some tangential influences on the cartoons even if it isn't as much as before.

I do think some of the edicts he set in place for the Marvel cartoons are still in effect at the moment.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Please don't turn this thread into another debate as to how good the Marvel cartoons are, or use it as an excuse to attack one another for liking/disliking them. Let's keep things civilized here.

As for the topic at hand, I think it was speculated here recently that Cort Lane might be the new boss at Marvel Animation, but I'm pretty sure Jeph Loeb is still involved with stuff like this as well. I wonder if any official announcement will ever be made to clear things up some more.

• Agree Agree x 3
  7. AdrenalineRush1996

AdrenalineRush1996 Active Member

Well, I'm not giving up hope for a new X-Men animated show.

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk