1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

Is Disney XD about to cancel Pickle and Peanut after season 2 ?

Discussion in 'Disney/Pixar Forum' started by thomas2313412, Jun 18, 2017.

1. thomas2313412

thomas2313412 Active Member

You know the animated series Pickle and Peanut, Well it is a show about the surreal adventures of an anthropomorphic peanut and a giant anthropomorphic Pickle who are best friends as they go on to surreal adventures.

The show was criticized by most people because it was a poor ripoff of Regular show, its jokes are too mature and gross, Its style may be poor and well too weird and I heard it was renewed for season 2 that it will air this summer.

However, seeing that there is no heavy promotion for that series.This made me think that Pickle and Peanut will probably be canceled after season 2 similar to Penn Zero: Part-Time Hero on its second and currently final season,Maybe the reason for its cancellation is that viewers don't like the art style include its surreal atmosphere unlike Regular show from Cartoon Network and Disney was probably no longer interested in it.

2. Cartoon Ruler

Cartoon Ruler I Like Waffles

We don't know yet, but it is likely. Nowadays, besides the most popular Disney cartoons, the others (usually ones from Disney XD) receive at least two seasons before they get canned. Though, I read somewhere that Pickle & Peanut was renewed for a third season last year

And it's ashame people are looking down at the show. Yeah, it has a really ugly-looking art style and annoying visuals, but I think it's one of the funniest cartoons on right now. Granted, it's not the best Disney cartoon, but I do find it pretty enjoyable (though I still give Future-Worm! a bit of a nod since it has better stories).

3. TsWade2

TsWade2 Active Member

I don't know, but I hope so. If it's going to have a third season, hopefully will be it's last. Because that cartoon is disgusting, ugly, and that eagle puppet scares the hell out of me. Pardon my french.

Well, I'm sorry it disappoints you, but not everybody like this show. you know.

4. Cartoon Ruler

Cartoon Ruler I Like Waffles

Yeah I figured. I guess the show is not for everyone.

5. jaylop97

jaylop97 L Twins

And not everyone hates a show either.

6. thomas2313412

thomas2313412 Active Member

Yeah, Seeing Pickle and Peanut like this, It makes me understand the phrase 'Don't Judge a book by its cover' since some of their episodes are good and I know it was hated because of its style but I guess it was misunderstood by some.

Yeah, I agree, I felt sorry that the show now receives the hate like other shows such as Teen Titans Go! and The Powerpuff Girls reboot

Yeah so true

#6 thomas2313412, Jun 19, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2017
  7. PinkiePie97

PinkiePie97 Well-Known Member

As far as I know, it was just a fan Twitter that reported that. I couldn't find any official confirmation that it was renewed for a third season.

8. ECDT1089

ECDT1089 That Car Genius

I hope so!