1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

IRON MAN TRILOGY VS THE CAPTAIN AMERICA TRILOGY

Discussion in 'Marvel Live-Action Movies and Television' started by kid rabbit, May 7, 2016.

1. kid rabbit

kid rabbit Active Member

with 2 of the big marvels each having three solo movies
    (the new one having them face off)
    I want to know which one you think is better

2. Lord Dalek

Lord Dalek Uncreative Hack

Captain America. Winter Soldier >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Granny's Peach Tea > Iron Man 2.

3. Wonderwall

Wonderwall Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Probably Captain America. Iron Man is a really good movie but 2 and especially 3 are straight trash.

4. MDawg

MDawg Nerfariously planning

Captain America by a vast field of difference. Iron Man 1 was fun, but 2 and 3 were garbage to middling at best. Cap has been consistently good to great.

5. Freddy

Freddy Active Member

Captain America easily. All of the Cap's movies are great, while only the first Iron Man movie is good from begining to end (and even then, I personally feel that it's put on this pedestal that it doesn't really deserve).

6. CoolEric158

CoolEric158 She rocks both ways.

Captain America easily. Cap's been consistently strong, while Iron Man really only has one great movie, one good movie, and one forgettable movie.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. the greenman

the greenman Well-Known Member

Yeah, Cap wins this comparison. I was looking forward to the first film, then Winter Soldier surprised me. Now Civil War amazed me. The Iron Man films were cool, but I remember Feige said Avengers was kinda IM's third film, and IM 3 was like a fourth film. While the first film was great, it went downhill from there. IM2 was just okay besides its issues, then IM3 was controversial.

Sent from my LGMS323 using Tapatalk

8. Tohya

Tohya deficit omne quod nasciture

It's hard to compare the iron man triogly to caps triogly. Obviously IM1 was amazing and helped launch the MCU, but I think the success of the first IM really hurt the quauilty of the later IM movies. MCU was still in its infancy when the second IM came out and it almost felt like marvel was still trying to figure out how to properly present these stand alone movies. Trotting RDjr onto the big screen and having him pretty much act like RDjr in a iron suit didn't translate into quality movies. While IM2 and IM3 aren't terrible movies there not as well done as guardians, winter soldier or even ant man. I think it's safe to say marvel has evolved since the 1st iron man and its apparent in the awesomeness that is civil war. If there is a 4th iron man I wouldn't be surprised if it turned out to be one of the best in the MCU

• Like Like x 1
  9. Neo Ultra Mike

Neo Ultra Mike Creeping Shadow of "15000"+ Posts

Honestly I vote Captain America not only as a better trilogy then Iron Man but honestly the best comic book movie trilogy we've seen yet. Honestly it doesn't really have much compettition in that regard as I think the only other one a great majority of fans will say where all three movies were really solid is The Dark Knight Trilogy but... I've always been sort of meh on Batman Begins and Dark Knight was a mix of really great moments and some more dry moments with an overly long and convoluted third act and honestly for me the best is Dark Knight Rises even though for many that's the worse. Captain America though has been solid throughout. The first I really enjoyed past the first two opening scenes: the second was also great even if it was a more serious film in the MCU and Civil War yeah so far best movie of the year for me and one of the best Marvel/Comic Book movies in general I've seen. No other trilogy comes close as even if I'm more forgiving on say Spider Man 3 or X-Men The Last Stand then others being more bored with their original movies that prevent me from really enjoying them, and though I don't hate Iron Man 2 that much it is one of the weaker MCU films and the first and third Iron Man movies are only IMHO pretty good and not held up to the highest standards of a lot of the other movies. So yeah Captain America for me as again not only better then Iron Man but all comic book trilogies so far.

10. wonderfly

wonderfly Shaking things up a bit
    Staff Member Administrator

I didn't feel like this is a fair comparison, since Captain America 3 is basically "Avengers 2.5".

11. TheVileOne

TheVileOne Peace Loving Shinobi
    Reporter

I'm in the minority, but I honestly prefer Iron Man 2 to Iron Man 3.

Iron Man 3 was a little problematic IMHO in that there wasn't a natural resolution to the whole PTSD thing and what was going on with him there. There should've been some hint that what he saw in Avengers put him on the path toward wanting to create something like Ultron.

12. Rick Jones

Rick Jones Hero Fan
    Staff Member Moderator

I love all 3 Captain America movies. I love the first Iron Man movie and only like the sequels, with a bit of reservation, so I'd give Cap the edge.

I don't usually see First Avenger get a lot of love online, and I'm probably a little biased in favor of it for reasons, but I think it was a great start for Cap. This has been my favorite live-action trilogy in the superhero genre so far (fingers crossed that MCU Spidey can change that).

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk.

#12 Rick Jones, May 31, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2016
  13. Daikun

Daikun Long Live the Fighter!

Captain America has the better trilogy. Iron Man's films were like a sine graph. One was good, two was awful, and three was great.

CA, on the other hand, was a steady climb. One was okay, two was great, and three is also great.

One managed to increase in quality while the other had to suffer some downtime. My vote goes to Cap.