Iron Man: Armored Adventures "Uncontrollable" Talkback (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'The Marvel Animation Forum' started by James Harvey, Jan 18, 2010.

?

Rate and Comment on This Episode!

1. *****

57.1%
  2. ****1/2

14.3%
  3. ****

28.6%
  4. ***1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. ***

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. **1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. **

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. *1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. *

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. James Harvey

James Harvey Administrator

An all-new episode of Iron Man: Armored Adventures debuts tonight at 8:00pm (ET) on Nicktoons Network! Check out this episode tonight during the Nicktoons Network "Hulkathon!"
    [​IMG]
    Iron Man: Armored Adventures
    Episode #23 - Uncontrollable
    Original Airdate - January 18th, 2010

The Hulk has landed in New York, and Pepper and Rhodey see that he's after someone - a kid named Rick Jones. Trouble is, Rick is being controlled - by The Controller. He's using Rick to manipulate the Hulk. The Controller wants revenge against AIM, and the Hulk is just the weapon to give it to him. When Iron Man arrives, he's able to free Rick, but at a great cost. The Controller now has Iron Man under his command, and it's up to Pepper and Rhodey to free time – with a little hep from their Incredible new friend.

Comments?

More details on this episode are available here!

2. Gokou Ruri

Gokou Ruri Wielder of the dark arts.

Hulk as some kind of urban legend like Bigfoot rather than a publicly known hero is an interesting take on the character, and fits in this show's universe where it seems there's no actual heroes flying around.. aside from Tony, anyway. With Brcue and Rick moving from town to town, maybe Tony will run into them again while on his journey to find the rings.

3. Manhunter

Manhunter Super-Tech Cat Ninja Guy

This is probably the first Marvel animated series I've ever seen where Hulk guest-stars but there's no sign of Bruce Banner. Hulk doesn't change to Banner once throughout the whole episode.

4. Most_wanted

Most_wanted New Member

The episode was meh. It felt rushed in some parts and was expecting more. :sad:

5. Gold Guy

Gold Guy This ain't Pokemon!

I enjoyed it enough. It was cool seeing The Hulk and Hulk-Buster armor. The Controller and MODOK, however, are boring villains, and I would have much rather seen Abomination.

For some reason, Rick Jones seemed more of a jerk than usual, but maybe thats just me. Anyways, I thought it was a very decent episode, and I hope to see The Hulk appear again.

6. Rick Jones

Rick Jones Trickin' N Treatin'

I thought it was a fun little romp. I liked the Hulk design seen here. How odd is it that the Hulk is the Marvel character with the most varied animated appearances and designs ? He's like their Mickey Mouse or something.

7. Azrayel

Azrayel New Member

My thoughts exactly. Also can anyone tell me when this episode took place story wise?

8. Gokou Ruri

Gokou Ruri Wielder of the dark arts.

It was episode 23. 22 was Don't Worry, Be Happy and 24 was Best Served Cold.

9. honorableninja

honorableninja Member

so now we know modok is still very much alive and will rebuild aim at some point wonder if he will ally himself with Gene i hoping not one of the reasons the modok in the 90s cartoon was a joke is he was a sidekick nothing more.

so now the three main arcs of season one are over the Witney-Obaiah arc, the Aim arc and the mandarin arc with withney no longer aware of her actions as madame mask, Modok defeated but will return stronger than before and finally Gene who has been revealed as the Mandarin and will be even more hard to deal with now that five new rings have emerged.

10. maczero

maczero Active Member

I enjoyed it. Nice twist with Tony being the one manipulated and the Hulk (and Pepper) being the one to save him. Speaking of "saving" Tony, did anyone laugh when Pepper told Hulk to controller disk and Hulk repeatedly slams Tony's face into the wall.:D Also, enjoyed seeing Rick Jones.

The only downside was Hulk's design. I know there's not much to work with it comes to the Hulk but this version seemed kinda bland and a little too thin.

Actually, the F4 WGH seemed to portray the Hulk as a myth as well. In fact, I think Johnny mentioned Bigfoot in reference to the Hulk.

11. math56

math56 New Member

I really liked , I thought Brunce would appear , but he did´t. I waited soo long for this and it worked. The Hulk was very funny , Pepper and Rick in action was cool. The Controller outfit was very cool.

12. W.C.Reaf

W.C.Reaf Active Member

I agree as well. I think this is one of the blandest Hulk's I've seen, maybe because it lacked Bruce and his struggle to control himself.

The action wasn't anything to write home about. MODOK suffered from villain decay with getting beaten down from the controller of all people, one of the weakest villains in the series. MODOK was this unstoppable force in his first appearance that Iron Man himself couldn't beat, here he was rolling on the floor because he fell down and couldn't get up and then was forgotten when the Hulk came in.

Also was I the only one shouting at the screen that all they need to do is take out the Controller? They knew how he works and how to take him out yet no one did anything other than Rick's 'distracting'. It was just build up for that end moment where Iron Man just shoots him but all Pepper and Rick needed to do was hit him on the head with something heavy and destroy the control device.

It was another "being dumb so Tony can save the day" moment.

13. ShadowStar

ShadowStar Member

Disappointing episode; I hope the last three episodes of the season are a lot better. Some parts of the episode were strange, like MODOC struggling to fend off Iron Man and the Controller. MODOC is meant to be A.I.M's crowning achievement so why couldn't he do a thing against the power of the controller discs? The reaction that Rick and the Hulk gave when Pepper said they wouldn't like Rhodey when he's angry was pretty funny though.

14. Geodude

Geodude Active Member

"Hulk like Pepper. Pepper funny."

I think that was my favorite part.