1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

"Iron Man: Armored Adventures" News & Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'The Marvel Animation Forum' started by Weibart, Aug 27, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ktk

ktk Member

It probably just takes a long time to get a full 26 episode season complete and ready to broadcast. The decision to pay for a full second season probably wasn't made early enough.

It's also possible that some of the people involved were busy with other projects on their schedule too. For example, Christopher Yost and Joshua Fine may have been devoting a lot of their time to Avengers Earths Mightiest Heroes too.

2. M.O.D.O.K.

M.O.D.O.K. Scientist Supreme
    Staff Member Moderator

So, did anyone attend the C2E2 panel for this? Are there any reports on what happened?

3. Rick Jones

Rick Jones Hero Fan
    Staff Member Moderator

There didn't seem to be any news at that panel, according to the live-blog I perused. They just had a screening of IMAA's Uncontrollable episode and Too Many Wolverines from Super Hero Squad.

4. M.O.D.O.K.

M.O.D.O.K. Scientist Supreme
    Staff Member Moderator

Oh, that's lame. Thanks anyway.

5. Barbossa

Barbossa Member

I am not surprised,after all this show is on Nicktoons not Disney XD.Marvel should just
    put this show out of its misery.Marvel are starting to embarrass themselves with their lies .So I guess if we are lucky we will get season 2 if it still exist in the fall

6. suss2it

suss2it Active Member

I hope they don't cancel it. I'd rather wait, then never see new episodes again.

7. ktk

ktk Member

Why would you want that? It's a successful show.

Okay, I'll bite. What lies are you referring to?

8. Trevor

Trevor Active Member

You know, I'm surprised that Marvel and Genius Entertainment haven't, in the mean time, released the entire first Season of this show on Blu-Ray. There was that one Blu-Ray release in 2009, and then the rest of the season was issued in a cropped 4:3 version on DVD; the Blu-Ray could've been issued in time for Iron Man 2's theatrical or home video release. (I realize that there is also the issue that if not enough Blu-rays didn't sell, then the series might as well be dead, but that's what Marvel and Genius get for just releasing the Blu-ray through Best Buy, and then not doing a general retail release a few months later.)

9. SpiderScooby

SpiderScooby Member

All 26 episodes are now on Netflix Streaming in 16x9 HD.

10. suss2it

suss2it Active Member

Only in the US. In Canada only the first five or six are available. Lame.

11. TheVileOne

TheVileOne Peace Loving Shinobi
    Reporter

I won't be sad if the show doesn't come back. Honestly I feel the series is a little irrelevant at this point. I was never high on the concept of an animated Iron Man series re-invisioning Tony as a teen. I never cared for Tony being rebooted as a teenager in the 90's either.

Just that with the anime and showing the definitive animated adventures of Tony Stark as Iron Man now on Avengers, I'd rather see that than more of this series.

I just don't get the logic of waiting two years for more of this show. ktk, it may be a successful show but apparently Wolverine and The X-men was a successful show as well. I say just use resources that would go to Armored Adventures and use them on Avengers and Ultimate Spider-man. New Spider-man movie coming out and an Avengers movie too so that helps with the push there.

Remember the Hulk Gamma Corps. thing and the solo-Thor series both fizzled out.

12. math56

math56 Member

I am pretty sure the series will be back. CG series are harder to make and since they have great backgrounds and much characters it will take much longer. I look foward to watch the second season, I just hope they release it very very soon. Black Widow and Dr. Doom look awesome when I saw them a while ago, but they were really small. I wish they really made a Thor series or at least make him appear in season 2.

13. suss2it

suss2it Active Member

If we're already seeing a definitive Iron Man in EMH then why shouldn't we see alternate version as well? Marvel has 616 & Ultimate comics running at the same time, there's no reason they can't do something similar for animation.

14. ktk

ktk Member

If season 2 is starting this summer, then you can rest assured that most episodes are likely already done. So there are no resources to reallocate.

15. TheVileOne

Reporter

Well we have. We had Armored Adventures and then we had the anime series which is supposed to be broadcast on TV this year. Again, two years for more of this show just seems weird.

I haven't seen any news saying this summer. All I can find is that it will be in 2011.

So I mean if the show is coming back, great. But if it doesn't, I won't be sad about it. I get that it's a "successful" show but were Wolverine and The X-men and Spectacular Spider-man not successful as well? It just seems like the measuring gauge of success for these shows can be extremely relative.

16. Bat-Fan Beyond

Bat-Fan Beyond Active Member

What we have to consider here is the benefit of having an Iron Man show on TV for Marvel. Although it's airing on Nick, Marvel still owns the license for the character and his exposure helps support their Avengers film franchise. While Spider-Man and the X-men, although still Marvel characters, and I'm sure Marvel still does benefit in some way from them, they may not be as profitable unless Marvel owns total control, which they don't, since those characters are more likely to support the film franchise rights held by other studios (Sony and Fox).

17. TheVileOne

Reporter

The series can still get shown without it continuing though. It's been on a loop since 2009. Also you already have new Iron Man adventures in the Avengers cartoon where Iron Man is front and center and the leader of the team. And then there's the anime series which is also supposed to be broadcast on TV later this season and the material is closer to the movies than the NickToons show which has them all as little teens.

Also I mean it appears Marvel has all the TV and animation rights for Spider-man and X-men anyway. Even though the film rights for certain characters are licensed out it still behooves them for everything to be a success no matter what.

18. Wonderwall

Wonderwall Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Aside from the tools used, it's really not harder than a traditionally animated show. Both have certain things that are harder and easier to do than the other. There really shouldn't be any reason from a development standpoint for the show to be taking this long to get the second season out there. It's already showing signs that SSM and WatXM were showing before they got unceremoniously dumped.

19. CyclonatorZ

CyclonatorZ Active Member

I say at this point, they should just cancel this show and make an Iron Man spin-off based on the version of the character in Avengers: EMH. The latter show already seems to be setting itself up for Tony to leave the spotlight, as Captain America is slowly growing into his eventual role as leader of the Avengers. Writing Tony and his cast mostly off the show and giving them a series of their own set in the same continuity would work just fine, IMO, and would allow for crossovers between the two properties. In any case, Iron Man: Armored Avengers seemed to not be that well recieved among most fans of Iron Man, so I don't doubt that a more traditional approach would probably be a lot better recieved.

No hard feelings to the people who do like the current show, though. I haven't watched it, so this suggestion isn't really based on any inference of quality/lack of quality. ;)

20. suss2it

suss2it Active Member

That's thing. People enjoyed Iron Man & friends as teens. Not to mention that Iron Man is now one of Marvel's A-List heroes, so makes sense that he has so many cartoons. So as you said we have two shows that showcase an adult Iron Man, one solo & the other part of team, so why not have the third be radically different that those two?

These cartoons are made not only to generate profit from, but to also to keep the characters in the general audiences mind for the live-action movies where they make a lot more money. If an X-Men, Spider-Man & Iron Man movie all made $300 million, Marvel would see more of that from Iron Man, than the other two, so it makes sense that they wanna focus more on him, and promoting his other media endeavors.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.