1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

"Iron Man: Armored Adventures" News & Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'The Marvel Animation Forum' started by Weibart, Aug 27, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Trevor

Trevor Active Member

I take it this is from Comic Con or some other convention?

Well it will be nice to see the series again (and hopefully Season 2 won't be split up to where we get the first few episodes in September and October but then the rest don't air till sometime in 2011), and hopefully when Season 2 is released to home video it'll be released on Blu-Ray and DVD in widescreen.

2. Gokou Ruri

Gokou Ruri Wielder of the dark arts.

Nope, was just mentioned today at the Marvel Animation Panel here at Comic Con.

3. Trevor

Trevor Active Member

I was just watching Iron Man Armoured Adventures on Teletoon SD today, and I noticed that Teletoon is now airing IMAA in 16:9 instead of 4:3. I thought that it was rather odd, since usually when stations receive 4:3 copies they keep airing them until their license runs out or their tapes wear out, whichever comes first.

4. Gokou Ruri

Actually now that I think about it I think that September date was for the Iron Man 2 DVD and I misheard things; since I'm still hearing Spring 2011 at other places.

5. Pepperidge

Pepperidge Active Member

I thought they had always aired the show in 16x9? Also... you implied that there's an HD version of Teletoon. Did this seriously slip past my radar?

6. TheVileOne

TheVileOne Peace Loving Shinobi
    Reporter

The show will be back in Spring 2011 and will feature appearances by Black Widow, Iron Monger, and Titanium Man per SDCC.

7. Blue Beetle

Blue Beetle Member

How was the first season? I read a lot of hate but I did see a few people mention it got better.

8. suss2it

suss2it Active Member

I think the first season was really good, it had a couple of not-good episodes but what series doesn't?

I think a lot of people didn't like it just because it was an Iron Man they weren't use to, but if you give it a chance I think you might end up liking it.

9. Gokou Ruri

It depends who you ask; some comic book fans tended to not like it on the grounds of all the changes they made; though other people who didn't care ended up really enjoying it. Interestingly enough, most of the fans of it I've met seem to be either anime fans or girls; which usually aren't the type of people who are attracted to superhero shows. That's probably a result of the direction they went.

10. W.C.Reaf

W.C.Reaf Active Member

Personally I found the first few episodes fairly weak, the middle episodes to be ranging from good to awesome, and the final episodes to be a big let down with some really bad writing in parts.

Teen Tony takes a bit to get used to and not very like the comics, but taking the show on its own merits it wasn’t too bad.

Also the armour designs and the villain designs were really good.

11. Trevor

Trevor Active Member

I'm pretty sure that when I last watched the show on Teletoon a few months ago it was in 4:3 (since I seem to recall the picture filling the entire screen of the 4:3 TV I was watching it on, and the TV was connected to analog cable).

As for the SD, considering that so many channels nowadays have HD channels, at least when you put SD on the end of the channel people know which channel you are talking about.

12. babykhris

babykhris Member

Cort Lane talks Iron Man: Armored Adventures

Mod Note: Interview originally from the site that shall not be named (not Comic Book Movie dotcom, which stole the news from said site), therefore link removed.

13. Gokou Ruri

(So that's the site-that-can't-be-named, I always wondered..)

Anyway, nice little teaser interview. So it's basically a continuation of the first season then. Tony growing more aggressive with destroying his father's technology that's fallen into the wrong hands. Apparently S.H.I.E.l.D. will get more involved in it and that will be the focus of the first half of the season; then the second half will be more focused on Gene and the rings and wrapping the series up.

I'm just curious how Obidiah becomes Iron Monger. The show did a good job humanizing him and showing he's not evil like he was in the comics and movie. Something must really push him over the edge to get into the suit (maybe something involving his daughter Whitney)

14. ktk

ktk Member

Anyone going to C2E2?

According to this press release on the front page (http://marvel.toonzone.net/news.php?action=fullnews&id=632), they'll be showing an episode, and I'd love to know if they're ready to premiere a new season 2 episode or not.

Anyways, it's great to see confirmation that new episodes of Iron Man Armored Adventures will be starting as soon as this summer!

15. ShadowStar

ShadowStar Member

Funny how season 2 keeps getting pushed back. First it was January 2011, then April 2011, now Summer 2011.

16. Rick Jones

Rick Jones Hero Fan
    Staff Member Moderator

There was a date set ?

17. ShadowStar

ShadowStar Member

Yeah, if you follow ktk's link, it says that new episodes are "premiering this summer".

18. Barbossa

Barbossa Member

Before u know it they will start saying fall, making it two full years since season one ended,nice one Marvel .
    Nicktoons should be happy at least Marvel just about managed to bring back one out of their two hit shows even if its 2 years late:(

19. TheVileOne

TheVileOne Peace Loving Shinobi
    Reporter

I wonder if there was a funding issue with Armored Adventures similar to Wolverine and The X-men. Just seems odd that its taken such a long time to see a second season. Is it the animation process for the series? I assume its animated overseas.

I remember the Drawn Together crew talking about how the overseas animation which took so long is one of the reasons the show got cancelled despite good ratings. Took too long to deliver episodes.

20. ShadowStar

ShadowStar Member

Maybe it's animated in France like Fantastic Four: World's Greatest Heroes was.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.