"Iron Man 3" Movie Pre-Release Discussion (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'The Entertainment Board' started by dmxx116, May 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dmxx116

dmxx116 Active Member

Iron Man 3
    Release Date: May 3, 2013 (3D/2D theaters)
    Studio: Walt Disney Pictures, Marvel Studios, Paramount Pictures
    Director: Shane Black
    Screenwriter: Drew Pearce and Shane Black
    Starring: Robert Downey Jr.
    Trailer:

Synopsis: Marvel Studios' Iron Man 3 pits brash-but-brilliant industrialist Tony Stark/Iron Man against an enemy whose reach knows no bounds. When Stark finds his personal world destroyed at his enemy's hands, he embarks on a harrowing quest to find those responsible. This journey, at every turn, will test his mettle. With his back against the wall, Stark is left to survive by his own devices, relying on his ingenuity and instincts to protect those closest to him. As he fights his way back, Stark discovers the answer to the question that has secretly haunted him: does the man make the suit or does the suit make the man?

Related Pre-Release Discussons:
    -Thor: The Dark World
    -Captain America: The Winter Soldier
    -Guardians of the Galaxy
    -Marvel's The Avengers 2
    -Ant-Man
    -S.H.I.E.L.D.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 19, 2012
  2. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some. Moderator

So they're going to set 3 after Thor, Captain America, and The Avengers, right? I don't know what the Mandarin will be, alien super-science or supernatural? I'm still confused on the Ten Rings and the Mandarin. I thought Stane killed them all in the first movie, or was that just one cell that Raza led?

I figured Roxxon Energy Corporation may be another villain group used in 3 since they had background cameos in both movies (corporate headquarters was seen during the fight between Iron Man and Stance, and at the Monaco Grand Prix, they sponsored a car). Or HYDRA? Well, they're more of a Captain America or Avengers villain.

In terms of theme, maybe the idea of hows does guy in suit of armor keep his composure in the face of all these super powered allies.

3. RonDrakenfan17

RonDrakenfan17 Luffy fan

Yah, can't wait for Iron Man 3.
    I think they'll try to make Mandarin a bit realistic here with a mix of magic.
    I'm down with that if they hanndle it this way :)

4. Zach

Zach New Member

Mandarin won't be that much of a stretch considering that Thor (who in the comics is one of the most absurdly powerful people in existence) will have already fought alongside Iron Man. There will already be a precedent for magical entities in the continuity Marvel is creating.

5. jph139

jph139 Immortal

They can do Mandarin easy - place the film BEFORE he gets the ten magic rings, and have him seeking them out around the world. Maybe midway through the movie he gets one - like, a laser beam, or something, can't think of the powers off the top of my head - and uses it to completely crush Iron Man. And Tony spends the movie wondering if "magic rings" could really exist or not.

I think it'd be cool, at least.

I'm certainly hoping they touch upon his alcoholism at SOME point. Sooner or later they'll have to, I think; it's one of his major character struggles and such.

...man, I should probably get around to seeing the first two, though. :sweat:

6. TMC1982

TMC1982 New Member

It's kind of inevitable to use Mandarin since he's for all intents and purposes, Iron Man's biggest foe. I mean, that would be like making a whole series of Batman films without ever using the Joker. The one issue that I have (besides the mystical angle likely creating conflict with the more "realistic" approach of the movies thus far) with using Mandarin is that when he was initially created back in the 1960s, I believe he was meant to serve as a metaphor for Communism. I mean, they had to update things (since the Cold War is over) by taking Tony Stark out of the Vietnam setting into Afghanistan.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 6, 2010
  7. the greenman

the greenman Well-Known Member

I'm actually hoping that they use MANDARIN for AVENGERS. The reason being, his backstory is at least already set up. If they get MANDARIN to manipulate the CHINESE government or other countries. They could also use a beserk HULK or The Leader.

8. dmxx116

dmxx116 Active Member

9. suss2it

suss2it New Member

"Scarlett will have her own role in a break-out movie from Iron Man" LOL I love how the article pretends that nobody has heard of the Avengers movie.

Didn't know Scarlett Jo and Paltrow were having problems on set, seems like Gwyneth is jealous and petty, but there's always 3 sides to a story.

Wasn't Emily Blunt at one point supposed to play the Black Widow?

10. dmxx116

dmxx116 Active Member

Yes but she had to drop out because she was doing a Jack Black movie for Fox.

11. suss2it

suss2it New Member

Just looked it up, if I were her I woulda went with Iron Man 2.

12. dmxx116

dmxx116 Active Member

It Gulliver's Travels.

13. the greenman

the greenman Well-Known Member

I knew about the scar jo and paltrow rivalry. I saw an interview where something asked scar jo about the relationship on and off the set, and it seemed to insinuate there was more going on.

As for Blunt, curiouser and curiouser. Who's the Iron Man/ SHIELD villian that looks like the baroness with a full metallic mask? Could be her for the villian. I think IM 2 ruined Mandarin appearance, the still need to set him up. Instead Marvel pushed Avengers set-up on.Favreau.

14. M.O.D.O.K.

M.O.D.O.K. Scientist Supreme Moderator

You probably mean Whitney Frost/Madame Masque.

As for the Mandarin, I agree that the Avengers were shoved in the movie in favor of Mandarin set-up. However, a thug from the "Ten Rings" makes an appearance in IM 2, so yeah...

15. Young Justice

Young Justice Optic Blaster

As much as I like Madame Masque, I think IM3 has to have Mandarin. He is the arch-nemesis of Iron Man and it's past due that he appears in the franchise.

They could circumvent the whole Yellow Peril angle of the character by making him more international and adding a Chinese supporting hero.

The 10 rings had been in the background in this franchise since IM1, so I think it's time for Mandarin to appear.

Again, about Madame Mask: What I think it would be nice about it is that we never had a comic book movie with a main villain being a woman. That would be interesting.

16. dmxx116

dmxx116 Active Member

17. NewcomerDC

NewcomerDC New Member

It'll be tough watching Avengers and Iron Man 3 with the famous Cinderelaa/Sleeping Beauty Castle at the front of both films but it's something I'll have to get over since releasing both films is pretty big news especially since Disney XD's hosting the one-hour series premiere episode of Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes tonight.

18. suss2it

suss2it New Member

Yeah those damn logos are so hard to sit through:p
    Isn't the premiere on Wednesday?

19. underdog

underdog New Member

Who said that it will be under the Disney banner? Perhaps Disney might utilize their mature/adult alias, Touchstone Pictures.

20. NewcomerDC

NewcomerDC New Member

I thought it was but I could be wrong. Also, given how Touchstone haven't had a hit recently, Marvel Studios would be doing them a great service.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.