1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

"Invader Zim" Movie News & Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'The Nicktoons Forum' started by PinkiePie97, Nov 8, 2016.

1. Rhaynebow

Rhaynebow Well-Known Member

Posted on Nick's Animation page!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 2
  2. PinkiePie97

PinkiePie97 Well-Known Member

Also on YouTube:

• Like Like x 1
  3. SaneMan

SaneMan Well-Known Member

and a tweet
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  4. AnotherRandomGuy

AnotherRandomGuy The cat's in the cradle

Welp it's official and I'm pretty darn hyped. Interesting we've got a trailer for this and not "Hey Arnold" yet

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. superkeegan9100

superkeegan9100 Well-known user and expert in cartoons

I think it's because Zim is more popular than Arnold.

6. Light Lucario

Light Lucario Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

It probably helps that they didn't wait until something was animated to present a teaser trailer. Getting two of the voice actors back to record a few lines is pretty easy to manage by comparison.

I'm still kind of surprised given that it seemed like this wasn't happening at first. I was never a huge fan of Invader Zim, but it clearly became popular for a lot of people. It's nice that the creator is working with Nick again and that fans will be able to get more Invader Zim at some point.

7. Zeether

Zeether Victory!

I think after the last Hey Arnold movie's trailer spoiling too much they'd want to hold off for a bit :V

8. PinkiePie97

The teaser is the #2 trend on YouTube.
    [​IMG]

9. NeoplanDan

NeoplanDan Musical ZF

Why is that?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

10. kanc

kanc Well-Known Member

That conversation was already done few months ago IMO

11. PinkiePie97

Jhonen says he's been working on it for almost a year.

Rikki Simons posted a picture of them recording it.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Dudley

Dudley Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

From Vazquez's Twitter:

"Looks like I was wrong, everyone! Turns out I've been working on this for almost a year now. Oh, meeeee!!"

I love how he trolls his fans.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Funny Funny x 5
  13. jaylop97

jaylop97 L Twins

It is good to see another Nick Movie in development, and now they have a movie from shows of each decade at this point in the works.

14. Red Arrow :D

Red Arrow :D Proud Beneluxer

Think again. Invader Zim had 27 episodes and was pretty much over after a year and a half. Hey Arnold had 100 episodes and a movie and lasted almost 8 years ;)

Our Nickelodeon aired Invader Zim for 4 weeks and then it moved to NickToons :sweat: (I didn't know anyone who had that channel)

• Winner Winner x 1
    #54 Red Arrow :D, Apr 5, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2017
  15. toonmaster17

toonmaster17 Member

Nice to see Invader Zim also get a 90-minute reboot movie though I have a bad feeling about this Hey Arnold, and Rocko's Modern Life doing well in ratings. Remember how poorly in ratings the Double Dare reunion special and Legends of a Hidden Temple did back in November.:(

By the way, all three reboot movies will be airing on the main Nickelodeon channel right?

16. kanc

kanc Well-Known Member

hey arnold, and rocko might be airing in nickelodeon, but im unsure about invader zim.. maybe im wrong, but it didnt say which network it would be airing

17. MegasMilo379

MegasMilo379 Active Member

Well, I'm super hyped.
    I loved the show as a kid, so this news really makes my week.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. toonmaster17

toonmaster17 Member

I would think if they're going to go through the hassle of bringing a show back(even for just a 90-minute reboot movie) that it would hopefully air on the main Nick channel.

19. Neo Ultra Mike

Neo Ultra Mike Creeping Shadow of "15000"+ Posts

I think superkeegan9100 meant more popular NOW as in something more talked about and had merchandise and discussion about. I mean does Hey Arnold have it's own yearly con and corner of Hot Topic or any other store or even comic book run like Zim does? A cult hit can be something more popular after ending then something that started out more popular if the fanbase is still loyal and rabid like the IZ one is.

Actually Double Dare did pretty well in the ratings.... for Nick at Nite which was where it aired and in fact may be in talks for a new run on that channel now actually because it's 1.1 million is actually really good for the Nick at Nite block. Maybe standard Nickelodeon it's not that good but it didn't air on standard Nickelodeon so wasn't judged by those standards. And granted Legends of the Hidden Temple didn't do that well... but Legends of the Hidden Temple was an attempt to just use some of the likeness and a bit of the mythos of the original series without actually really bringing it back. It was trying to be one of those revivals not in canon with the original series but trying to pander to current children's auidences unfamiliar with the license without referencing or building on it properly. Which is in start contrast to these revivals which are actual revivals picking up after the original run and made for the older fans of those shows. Thus why they're bringing back a lot of the original crew and cast for them. Think of it like the Adult Swim Samurai Jack revival which is actually doing good ratings for AS. Granted obviously not making those shows more bloody and adult but same sort of quality and push from what I'm hoping.

Especially for Invader Zim. I mean this has been something joked a lot about Jhonen for years upon years but I have to admit I never actually thought it would happen with how the show ended and how terrible Jhonen and Nick's relationship was after that. I never thought they would come back for an actual TV Invader Zim project again so seeing this movie actually happening does give me a serious fan gasm and hype even more then the Hey Arnold or Rocko's Modern Life revivals. Especially since though Hey Arnold was denied a proper jungle movie for so long and RML seems like just one of those forgotten classics, IZ was cut off way too soon in it's prime and felt like it had so much left to give. Seriously look around online for all the story ideas and scripts that would of been a part of season 2 or even 3 to see what I'm talking about so to even see a fraction more back into the series is amazing and hope it lives up to the standards IZ held so many years ago.

• Like Like x 1
  20. toonmaster17

toonmaster17 Member

Now if only we could get a My Life as a Teenage Robot reboot special or movie...:rolleyes:

• Agree Agree x 1