1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

World's Finest Writer's Corner Introduction Thread

Discussion in 'The Story Board' started by BeastBoyWonder, Nov 25, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Matt A

Matt A Smile. Or Else.

Indeed. As I said earlier, I have already appointed you the Divine Majesty of Fan-Fiction. I find it seriously hard to believe that everything else you've written has sucked.

2. Edd

Edd the dork that you fear

Well, dispite one or two things here and there, I actually took a haitus of a number of years in my fanfiction career.

The only other fanfiction piece I wrote that was any good was nearly original; a concept my brother and I created for a cross-over world of Cartoon Network. It's to be a series written by us both, but only one story is complete. Screen-play format. It's based on our improvization--so it isn't all mine and it isn't pure fanfiction.

3. Matt A

Matt A Smile. Or Else.

Still, it sounds interesting. Would you be able to post it here?

4. Edd

Edd the dork that you fear

I don't know. As of now the story, No Need for ED, has a home on a Xanga page. Xangas are primarily used for journals, but I wanted it on-line and Fanfiction.net wouldn't hear of it because of it's format.

Cartoon Network: No Need for ED

Primarily, this installment is a comedy. This story follows Ed, Edd n Eddy, mostly, although because they are off-camera they can be completely out-of-chatacter. No Need for ED follows them as they go about their everyday lives. Based on some of the earliest improvisations, taking place about the time that is stated at the beginning of the story, the plots are terrible. Edd has a crush on Buttercup, with a sloppy excuse of "they'll never age, anyway". Ryoko and Washu from Tenchi Muyo! mess with Edd & Eddy's heads. They make them think they love them, but they're clearly just playing with them. And then, finally, a reoccuring villain is introduced. Bad as the plot was, it couldn't be changed or the whole rest of the series would be changed. Plots have become much better as of late, but Eddy and I don't know when we'll start writting the next one.

But Lifted Nevermore is way better than No Need for ED. I think I did somewhat of a good job making some parts dramatic and believeable, and some parts are pretty funny, but the story itself is weak.

You can check it out if you want, but...meh... I think the sequels should be better.

5. witness

witness I am always watching.....

Can't believe I'm doing this....

Um.... hi. My name is Witness and I've officially been demoted to lurker status for the reason that I've been to busy to write another story. But hey, I'm still around. If you really need to know something about me, check out my profile.
    I've been here since before World's Finest joined Toonzone. I've also posted a couple of stories which can be found near the beginning of this forum. They are titled Legacys (yeah, I realized it was a misspelling after I had finished the story) and Judge of Character. My main love is for the Batman. BTAS is how I got into the whole love for superheroes, though I must say I enjoy others besides Batman. I do have an idea for another story, but am still working out the kinks. Finally found some inspiration again. Anyhoo, I guess I'm done.

6. The_NewCatwoman

The_NewCatwoman Oh you've got to be kidding me

Yes! I'm so glad it looks like you're returning. Welcome back buddy. I'll get started on adding you to the Older Stories Collection right now.

tNC

7. ShadowOfAGhost

ShadowOfAGhost Computer Geek

To all new members and potential members:

Invitation
    by: Shell Silverstein

If you are a dreamer, come in,​
    If you are a dreamer, a wisher, a liar,​
    A hope-er, a pray-er, a magic bean buyer ...​
    If you're a pretender, come sit by my fire​
    For we have some flax-golden tales to spin.​
    Come in!​
    Come in!​

8. rrarbecy

rrarbecy I'm Back!

How do you find this stuff?

9. percguy89

percguy89 Things Change

I jus became a member and i have to say that TEEN TITANS ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    um, about me, im azn, im into cartoons even tho im 15, i m sorry if it is inappropriate to say on this site but i luv telling dirty jokes and makin them up..... and im extremely weird.

im plannin on postin up a few fan fics, sum emo, sum really comedic, and i hope i can write fan fics half as good as the ones ive been readin on this site.

uhhhhhhh thats about it.

o and by the way i would reallie appreciate it if sumone kuld explain to me how to get the icon/picture thing next to their name.

peace out

10. Matt A

Matt A Smile. Or Else.

Welcome to our world, Mr. Perc! Don't worry, weirdness on this site is strictly encouraged.:anime:

If you want an avatar (the funny picture thing), then you need to have a Jpeg file measuring no more than 75x75 pixels somewhere on your hard drive. If you don't already have a picture that small, then find a larger one and shrink it: it'll probably look rubbish when you're done, but never mind. Once you've got the right picture, go to your User CP (on the top panel of this forum) and then go to the "Edit Avatar" bit: click on all the various buttons to get your chosen picture loaded up. The slogan that appears underneath can be changed in the "Edit Profile" section of the User CP.

If you want more detailed instructions, just PM me and I'll see what I can do.

Ta,
    Matt

PS: In case you were wondering, I am a friend of the great Lord Welshi. If you are not already familiar with his works of genius, go read them now.
    PPS: Hopefully your fics will indeed be good. Even if they aren't, we prefer to give constructive criticism rather than all-out ego detonation. So don't worry about getting massacred, 'cause you won't do.

11. percguy89

percguy89 Things Change

thanx a lot for the welcome welshie dude

12. Matt A

Matt A Smile. Or Else.

Not a problem, Perc. By the way, my name's Matt, not Welshie: that would be getting me confused with the great Lord himself, which I hear is a capital crime.:p

I'm likin' your avatar and sig.:D :D :D

Ta,
    Matt

13. Crowgirl

Crowgirl Active Member

Shel Silverstein. I think it's in Where the Sidewalk Ends. Good poems... good poems...

Welcome to High Society Perc! I do like your avatar, Mad Mod is indeed cool. :D

CG

P.S. In case you can't tell, :p , I'm Crowgirl, at your service, or anybody's really. :p

14. C-Puff

C-Puff uneducated savage

more intros

Yes, i'm just introducing myself some more. Howzit! :anime:

15. ShadowOfAGhost

ShadowOfAGhost Computer Geek

Welcome to both of you!

16. The_NewCatwoman

The_NewCatwoman Oh you've got to be kidding me

Ephidel500, I'll be deleting the above post as it should be edited into the one you already started. Just scroll down and look in the lower right hand corner and click edit.

tNC

17. TeenTitansGO!

TeenTitansGO! expremental Upnnas

Ok, so most ppl here know me, and some have read my writing. However, partially out of boredome, and also from the fact that i never posted here, I figured i might as well officially introduce myself.

My name is Matt Horton (call me Matt H.), and I am an avid viewer of the Teen Titans animated series. I want to watch BTAS, and I also like JLU. Most of my fics will probably be TT as my afformentioned experience may note. I absolutely love to sing and play piano. I've been told that I'm pretty good at both and wouldn't mind doing either one for a living. I'm a computer nerd (not as bad as others i know, but i wish). However, I'm currently in the process of realizing new talents that I have and finding out what my true passion is. Some would call this rediscovery, but I would call it rediscovery. Oh yeah. My jokes suck.

Now, if you want to know anything about my personal life, you have to know one thing: I love the British! I don't know if it's the accent, the flag, or the politically declined royalty, but I love them all. I've got a few Brit friends, and Welshi and Matt seem to be cool Brits. Neway, I hope you all enjoy my fics, and sorry for the late post.

TTG~Matt H. Out

18. Sable Phoenix

Sable Phoenix Flaming Mythical Bird

Hello everyone.

I don't expect anyone here to remember me, although it seems that NewCatwoman is still around. I'm an OLDIE of the boards, I was here back when DaughterOfEvil and Calico were wowing the community with their amazing talent and Batman alterverse tearjerkers.

Seems like it's mostly Teen Titans stories now. Any of the old guard left?

19. rrarbecy

rrarbecy I'm Back!

tNC is still kickin', and Daughter of Evil has been showing up lately(although she hasn't been writing new stories). Welcome back to the now unrecognizable board.

20. Sable Phoenix

Sable Phoenix Flaming Mythical Bird

Well that's good to hear. >waves to tNC and DoE<

What about Calico and Panther? Two of the best writers to grace this board, as I recall (though there were quite a few, the two girls I just waved to not the least among them).

I do remember following many a story here with avid attention before City of Heroes stole my affections away. But now I'm back, for the most part... not that I ever thought I'd really leave. Still, it's been almost two years since I was a regular here.

Anyway. I should be back more often, hello to all the new faces.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.