1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

World's Finest Writer's Corner Introduction Thread

Discussion in 'The Story Board' started by BeastBoyWonder, Nov 25, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ShadowOfAGhost

ShadowOfAGhost Computer Geek

Strange, I've been around for a few months, written and posted an entire fanfic, entered the Xmas contest, and have started a new fic, but yet I ave never posted here...:shrug:

ShadowOfAGhost is a long name so you can call me either Shadow or Ghost, or if you can figure it out, you can call me by my first name. I am a computer geek if there ever was one:sweat: and though I can use both Visual Basic and Java for programing and am good with windows, my specialty lies in computer hardware. I am a member of the BSA, currently life scout, and hopefully by the end of the year (assuming all goes according to plan) I should make it to Eagle. I'm a packrat, pyro, and knife collecter, like most other boy scouts. I am 16 and attend a private school in Maryland. If you want to find out who my favorite characters are, read my fics.
    #1 --> Spurned Past, Tentative Future (completed)
    #2 --> Shattered Dreams (Work in Progress)
    #3 --> Star in the Sky (Xmas Contest Entry)
    or read my profile.

Actually, I'ts not too evident who my favorite character is, but to those who have read SP,TF (My fic #1) you probably don't know this, but I poured a lot of myself into the character I created (Phantom). The name is false though.

Have a nice day!:)

2. nevermore

nevermore Destroyed...

Uuuuuuh. I didn't understand anything except the knives. I bet you can guess why. :evil:

3. ShadowOfAGhost

Packrat means I keep EVERYTHING, and hardly throw anything away. I'm getting better at it though...

Pyro --> Pyrotechnic --> one who has an obsesion with fire. Don't worry though, I don't just run around lighting things on fire. That would be dangerous. I just seem pacified by fire. once again, I do not just run around setting things on fire. that would be dangerous. I just enjoy sitting and watching logs burn in a campfire or watching candles melt. It's strange, but no matter how stressed I am, watching a candle always seems to help calm me down. strange, I know.:sweat:

4. Kregor8

Kregor8 Communitas Ex Nihilo

Ok, there are several reasons I'm posting here again.
    1) To say hi to newbies. "Hi, newbies!" Now, I never have to refer to you as such again.
    2) To correct Shadow's vocabulary. Pyro means "pyromaniac," (somebody obsessed with fire). Pyrotechnic means "Of or relating to fireworks."
    3) Nevermore, are you going to give me any credit for that avatar?
    4) Promote the Teen Titans RPG. I thought it was a lame idea, but then I got involved. Everyone should check it out. We still need a player for BB (TTRaven4 is handling him now, but he's also Slade).
    5) To promote my music! I'm totally psyched because it's now availible online! Go to my site at Soundclick to check it out! Like I said, I'm psyched. Ok. Now everyone get out there, play my music, and write good fiction. Or just read it, until you feel confident enough to go ahead. I offer my assistance to any beginner who would like a more experianced opinion, or to somebody who just needs a proof-reader. I'm always happy to do this (though sometimes I'm not the quickest.) All right then. Have a good time.

7<regor

5. nevermore

nevermore Destroyed...

Oh ya. :sweat: I have trouble at finding avatars, and I bet that some of you do to. Well, then, I have the answers to all your problems, that's right, Kregor8. He can make you a cool avatar before you know what happened so act now, supplies are limited. :D

6. ShadowOfAGhost

Deep Purple? Smoooooooooke on the waaaater, fire in the sky... sorry, I listen to music so often that random things will trigger memories of some of my favorite songs.:sweat:

7. Crowgirl

Crowgirl Active Member

I just realized I've never posted here before. I made my very first post on Vanishing Act. :D

So... um... Hello.

8. Unix

Unix Member

Welcome, our not-so-new-anymore-newbie! :D Hope you enjoy all th- what am i doing! you were here before i was!:shrug: well, welcome anyway.... i guess...

9. Crowgirl

Crowgirl Active Member

Nothing like a welcome after you've been here for about four months.

Oh, and to all pyros: Rock on!!!

10. ShadowOfAGhost

[​IMG]
    Rock on indeed.
    and hello to the not-so-new-as-me-not-so-newbie as well as all other newbies as well!

11. ShadowOfAGhost

1. take care of that tripple post before the mods get mad

2. What have I started? :sad:

12. Beastgirl17

Beastgirl17 We just need shaving cream

how do I do that? should I like, PM them?

oh, and don't worry. we would never burn something people would care about... just a few schools, Congressmen's houses, things like that:D

13. ShadowOfAGhost

To delete a post
    click on edit. select delete this post. click on delete this post.
    To edit your post
    click on edit. make your changes. click on save changes.

14. The_NewCatwoman

The_NewCatwoman Oh you've got to be kidding me

Oh don't worry, I shall do it for you. Watch it on the submit button. Simply click edit in the bottom right hand screen if you want to add something.

For example:

EDIT: I like green apples.

Watch where this thread is going guys. Not only does it teeter on the brink of being off topic but it's talking about something that isn't condoned here i.e. arson. And yes. It's illegal.

tNC

15. Beastgirl17

yeah, I know, sorry, but thanks. I'll be more careful next time, and no more fluff for me!

16. Beastgirl17

only when you were over. I'll have to check it out though. you sure made it sound interesting

17. The_NewCatwoman

The_NewCatwoman Oh you've got to be kidding me

Sorry to break it to you guys but this is getting off topic again. The main point of this thread is to introduce yourself and welcome others. However if you feel the need to discuss fun times at the TZ Cafe then use Private Messages.

tNC

18. Edd

Edd the dork that you fear

I am...Edd... I assumed the identity when I was in forth grade; now I'm a freshman in high school. My first obsession was Tim Burton's "The Nightmare Before Christmas", and I hold it, as well as other Burton films, dear to me. But when Ed, Edd n Eddy came around, I, as well as my brother, were drawn to it's unique artwork and beautiful animation. The two of us became obsessed and actually began searching the Internet for fansites. To make a long story short, we found Rune's Ed, Edd n Eddy Zone and both spit out terrible fanfic after terrible fanfic (this was around the time I started calling myself Edd on the Internet). We were stupid kids wanting to show off our fandom.

Since then, while I respect Ed, Edd n Eddy for the work it is, I'd hardly call myself "obsessed"; far from it. And I've come to realise that all of my fanfiction is terrible, with the exception of one.

I revised my views on fanficiton and only wish to write one if it will pay proper tribute to the original material. I feel like I've done that in my new Teen Titans piece, Lifted Nevermore--see my signature if you're interested.

So I don't write much fanficiton. I can't say if I'll ever have another story here. But if I do, rest assured my heart and soul went into it. But I don't know if I'll ever write fanfiction quite as close to me as Lifted Nevermore.

So...that's it.

19. Aquagirl15

Aquagirl15 Heaven's not enough

Welcome Edd glad to have ya here. :anime:

20. Edd

Edd the dork that you fear

Thank you for the welcome. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.