1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

World's Finest Writer's Corner Introduction Thread

Discussion in 'The Story Board' started by BeastBoyWonder, Nov 25, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ArtificialIdiot

ArtificialIdiot Doktor Aies

Hey there! Name's Artifcial Idiot. Although, feel free to call me AI :)

As you can probably see, I'm new around these parts, and generally don't adapt well to new forums (even when I want too), but I thought I'd give this one a try. I generally enjoy Cartoons, Fiction (Mainly Fantasy and Alturnate History, especially if it's Victorian) and most things to do with superheroes, as they just fasinate me :)
    My favorite single hero is probably Batman, and favorite team of heroes is definatly the Teen Titans. The character interaction is just fantastic, better then most live action stuff.
    I also enjoy writing, usually my own ideas though, and rarely ever fan fiction.Although I'm very tempted to write a Teen Titans fan fic in the future, I think I'll make a complete mess of it though, and if I start it I'll NEVER finish. So I think that I'll leave it alone. ;)
    I haven't read much fiction here, so I can't say which is my favorite or not. But my favorite piece of fan fiction in general is called "Dispatch Rider Tilsey", I'd put a link to it, but I'm not sure if I can link offsite, so I'll leave it :p

As for my own works, I only have three finished stories, none of them are very long, or very good. I also have two half finished ones that I'll probably never get to complete. I generally see myself as a terrible writer, but still, I enjoy it. And a few people tend to enjoy it, so why worry? :)

2. IluvRobin

IluvRobin Guest

Hi, I'm new!

Hi, I'm IluvRobin, and I'm new. :) I'm a member at alot of forums at this name. (Er, it was my name but I changed it to Wolf Girl.) I like Teen Titans. That's an understatement.
    I LOVE TEEN TITANS SO MUCH!!
    Terra rocks. :D

3. Comic Book Boy

Comic Book Boy hero of Toonzone!

Hey my name is SpyBoy I don't come here much but check out my graphic novel titled THE KRYPTONIAN in these forums! I write and draw for it!

4. Lord Welshi

Lord Welshi I own all I see. Except that

S'up ya'll? I'm Lord Welshi. Real name is Owain, but to most people I am Lord Welshi. I like the animated Teen Titans, the charcter interaction seems so real at times, and the animation itself is top notch. I am also a fan of anime, so the anime-esque style of Teen Titans is a huge hit with me :D

I've been writing short stories for a couple years, but I've never really written a fan fiction, since I've always been afraid of messing up the characters, but I have started writing a Teen Titans fic, Vanishing Act, so if you get a chance read it (and maybe review it? I like advice/praise).

Toodle's, ya'll!

5. Blue_Fire

Blue_Fire cute but psycho

Okies. I'll give this a try. I'm Blue Fire aka Eloise, even though that's really my characters name. I have a bad habit of using my characters names as mine. If it ever gets confusing, just call me Pearl. (It's funny trying to tell the difference in Eelie and Eelemianie. At least to me and my friends who know the whole story. I never actually finished that fic. Gotta hate when it decides to go into re-write.) Anyways...

Favorite Characters: Batman, Robin, Flash, Superman...umm, maybe I should just say heroes.

Favorite Book: Batman No Man's Land, The Darkover Series, The Black Jewels Trilogy (sp?), The Lord of the Rings...comic books...

Music: Medieval Babes, Celtic Knots, My Immortal, Soundtracks...and more strange mixes of all sorts of music.

TV Shows: Justice League, Teen Titans, Batman ones, Sue Thomas F.B.Eye, Static Shock, Smallville.

Favorite Phrase: It's a tie between Oom, Me and my pretty tumbleweed, and If it's moving, it's a rat. If it isn't, it's a cooked rat.

Where Are You: I'm in the random blue nothingness. Mwahahahahaaaa!

Anyway's, there's a bit of an intro, I guess.

Eloise (Oye, this will be new.)

6. PressureCooker

PressureCooker has nothing for nothing

Blue_Fire, Lord Welshi, IluvRobin, nobody has welcomed you to the board? The shame of it all:eek: ! So I guess it's up to me...

Welcome to the best damn home on the net for Teen Titans fanfictions. This community has blossomed into quite a fun group. We are all reading and reviewing each others stories, posting questions about them, even getting together and having some members beta read for us.

So one again, welcome home.:anime:

7. Blue_Fire

Blue_Fire cute but psycho

Yay! I'm home! w00t! Thanx for the welcome. Very awsome here. I look forward to a long stay.

And please, call me Eloise.

Eloise

8. Hi, I'm a newbie

Um, hi. I'm Locker_Monster. I'm really into writing, fan fiction or original, and lately I've been dabbling in writing Justice League fics. I actually finished one, much to my surprise, and figured this was a good place to start off. I'm just looking for a beta-reader right now so if anyone's interested in helping me out, give me a shout.

Hmm... about me... I live in Canada, but sadly I don't own a dog sled or live in an igloo. ;) I love watching cartoons and was excited beyond delight when JLU finally aired here last week. I'm sorta boring so there's really nothing else I could say... :D

9. HEADphones

HEADphones the music is pumpn' within me

Thanks for the introduction Lord Welshi. And hi everyone! Dudes, if you're going to hang in the worlds finest, you got to know me. HEADphones is the name. I won't bore you with my boring life story, but I'll tell you the story of me and my name, HEADphones that is. You see I always put on my headphones when I'm on the computer and people could hardly see them 'cause my hair covers them, but whenever sees me on the computer they know I have my headphones on. So if you ever hear me say we, I don't have split personalities, it just means my HEADphones and I.
    Of coarse if I always have my HEADphones on it means I'm jammn' to music. Personaly, I have a horrible taste in music. I'm still in 6th grade so, yeah. I like Enya since I always dance ballet to her. I love the song Clocks which I'm jammn' to at this very moment. I like the Black Eyed Peas, and Jojo, and Hilary Duff, and Kelly Clarkson and I can't forget william hung.
    My fave show is definatly teen titans, and fave eposode is Apprentise, part II to be exact. I'm creating two new stories at the time called "As the Bird Flies" and "The Birds, Gone" cheak um out.
    Well that about wraps it up. Peace out.:cool:

#29 HEADphones, Sep 26, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 28, 2004
  10. Sproxie

Sproxie Active Member

um hi everyone, im sprox 083, just call me sprox or cynthia, but i hate the name cynthia... anyway there is not much about me... im ALOT like raven from teen titans, which is my fav cartoon (and she is my fav character, as you can tell by the avatar) ... ummm. thats it... im really usualy quiet and kept to myself :shrug: , but sometimes i can be like this dude -> :evil: ... but that doesnt happen often.

#30 Sproxie, Sep 29, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 25, 2004
  11. raven54

raven54 aaaawww... I heart rocks, too!

Hey dudes. I'm raven54, I live in Minnesota(the cold place up near Canada) and my favorite DC character is Raven, obviously. I love to watch Teen Titans; it's one of my favorites because of the abundance of great action, but also the character development and interaction. That and Smallville and the anime that's on late at night (my friend got me hooked). I absolutely LOVE lacrosse (3rd man/D-wing are the two awesomest positions)downhill skiing, and soccer, and I like to watch football, basketball, and hockey. I have a TT fanfic I'm working on, but I dunno... I think it needs a bit of fine-tuning. OK, a lot of fine tuning... but whatever. And that's me, I guess.

12. rrarbecy

rrarbecy I'm Back!

I'm not exactly a newbie anymore, but let me introduce myself. I am rrarbecy. The segments of my name have meanings. r=Raven, r=Robin, ar-Starfire, be=Beast Boy, cy=Cyborg. As you can tell from that, my favorite cartoon is Teen Titans. My favorite character is Raven (hence the avatar), and I am a believer in the Robin/Starfire relationship (hence the user title).

I play the wonderful sport of hockey, and also enjoy acting, singing, and videogames. I love music and movies. My favorite actors are Denzel Washington, Arnold Schwartzenegger and Tom Cruise. In music, I like 5 for Fighting, The Goo Goo Dolls, Bruce Springsteen, Collective Soul, and Bon Jovi. FLYERS, EAGLES, PHILLIES! I am a Philadelphia sports fan, and this is the year in which the Eagles shall break the 20 year curse on the city. SUPERBOWL BABY!!

I am a 14 year old ninth grader from the state of New Jersey. I am currently working on my Teen Titans fanfiction All for Nothing, and hope it will be half as good as all the great fics on this site. Well, that was an inside look into the world of me. Thanks for listening. Peace out.

#32 rrarbecy, Oct 2, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 2, 2004
  13. Panda22

Panda22 Grrr...beware of my chibi-ness

Hi peoples!! I'm Panda22 I'm new, but do I act like it? Heck no! ok, my friend, Bob the pink flamingo, interviwed me, heres how it went.

bob: whats your name?

me: i'm dream, but I also go by the creator of panda.

bob: whats your favorite show, and wich character?

me: t-e-e-n t-i-t-a-n-s! TEEN TITANS!! oh, and Panda, the charrie I made up.

bob: do you write stories on this web site?

me: yeah, the one I am working on is Step off, and then in that same story when i'm done with it i'm gonna post SECRETS.

bob: are you weird?

me: No!! i'm CRAZY!!!!

bob: whats your favorite line?

me: HEACK NO!!!

bob: please, what is it.

me: HEACK NO!!!!

bob: answear me.

me: HEACK NO!:mad:

14. Panda22

Bob is interviewing me again!!!

bob=:p me=:confused:

:p -Why did you create panda??

:confused: -cause I can!

:p -ok......are you ackward??

:confused: -:shrug:

:p -do you have cookies??

:confused: -:rolleyes: no

:p -:sad:

15. Unix

Unix Member

Hi everyone. The name's Unix, and...eh...HI! I dont exactly know what to say here. I 've been reading threads and fan-fics around here for a while now so know how this intro should go, but unfortunatly i dont really have the skills of great humour or imagination which is uniform around these parts, but hopefully i can show appreciation to the greats and learn from the masters around here.I have a couple of fan-fics hidden away on disk and spare scraps of paper but i promise i wont inflict them upon you or any other poor, innocent souls, cos I'm a nice person! :D . My favourite show is Teen Titans, to which i am addicted, and i'm also i really big fan of Justice League, closely followed by Batman of the Future (which I think is called Batman Beyond in America). Well, I think that about sums it up for me, i hope to be here for a long time and I look forward to to reading all of the amazing fan-fics and more I can find here. See you round!

#35 Unix, Oct 12, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 15, 2005
  16. Rae

Rae Insert amusing comment

Hey i'm Rae, my real name's J______ or Jay
    I'm fourteen and i live on the Wirral in England and My one time fav hobby is Sailing!!!
    i've been hanging around this board for a while and i joined in October.
    I've just started posting my story and i hope you guys check it out. It's called 'Change isn't always a bad thing' and it's about my fav charater Raven
    Like to say high to everyone that welcomed me and to Crowgirl who was the first to comment on my story!

#36 Rae, Oct 12, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 2, 2005
  17. Adrastea

Adrastea ooooh shiny!!!!

Aloha

Hello,
    My name is Adrastea. For those who are curious about the name:
    Adrastea is an alternate name for the goddess Nemesis who is the goddess of revenge and retribution and who carries a REALLY BIG SWORD. I like the name Adrastea because it's off the beaten track, plus swords are cool.
    You can call me Kina too. (Kee-na)
    I love reading, but am horrible at writing, so I'm mainly here to read cool stories and marvel at the skill of other writers and wish that I could write that well.
    so, HI EVERYONE!!

18. raven54

raven54 aaaawww... I heart rocks, too!

Welcome to the current Newbs!

19. Adrastea

Adrastea ooooh shiny!!!!

help

Oh, can somebody help me out?
    I understand how to edit/change an avatar, but I'm having trouble finding one that is the right size (either in pixels or in file size). I would find one and edit it on my computer, but my security systems don't allow the internet to go into my files and get pictures. Where are there pictures that are the right size? I tried the ones found at the reviews of all the Teen Titans episodes, but they are too many pixels. HELP PLEASE!!!

20. Panda22

Aloha adrestea! I'm panda, but people call me:

Panda; Dream; Noel; Noelani; or mrs. Mr. egg song.

you should cheack out my story (step off) cause its realy kool and it has a new tt charrie! (that I made up)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.