1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

World's Finest Writer's Corner Introduction Thread

Discussion in 'The Story Board' started by BeastBoyWonder, Nov 25, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Matt A

Matt A Smile. Or Else.

Yup, I knew both of those.:p:p:p

-Matt A-

2. DeathscytheVII

DeathscytheVII Farewell, Daughter of Trigon

Ditto :cool:

DID YOU KNOW.......

The word "Checkmate" in chess comes from the Persian phrase "Shah Mat", which means "the king is dead".

If you come from Manchester, you are a Mancunian. :D

The Boston University Bridge is the only place in the world where a boat can sail under a train driving under a car driving under an airplane.

3. Zion Demonio

Zion Demonio Love it or hate it, i'm here.

Hi, people! My name is Psycho Snake in the RPG world. That or Zion Demonio. I'm totally new here. In fact, this is my 1st post here. If you've been in animeworld.com, you might reconize me. And if you do, the reason why I left is 'cause some people there were kinda mean. Now, right off the bat, i'm gonna ask would I get in trouble if, persay, I went to the All-Villain thread and made a dude on there? Please, help. I need answers! Tell me now. :evil:

4. Rever76

Rever76 It'll be done when I do it

Greetings friend!
    Let me be the first welcome you!
    Ok so I'm pretty new here too, but yes I think thats allowed, but you should probably PM one of the mods, or Welshie's Mate, those are the people in the know here.

"Romero, Romero. Where for art thou Romeo."
    Actually means "Why are you called Romeo?"

5. Matt A

Matt A Smile. Or Else.

The mods would be the best people for the RPGs, redDragon specifically. I don't run any of them, though I do appreciate the namecheck.;):anime::anime::anime:

And the All-Villains RPG needs some new blood, so it'd be very good to have you on board. Who would you be?

-Matt A-

6. starfire0639

starfire0639 Active Member

Did you know that furious amounts of spam are dangerous to your health and/or rights to post at all in fear of getting ones head bit off by the mods?

-smirk-I welcome you ZIon and Rever! I'm sure you'll have some awsome fun here.Insanity roams free so don't get to afraid if a heard of it smashes you deep into the internet dwelling. Hai hai I see you have just figured out that the main source of insanity rests within me.I be the Ash-bows-Glad to make your aquatence. As for Rever....-runs over and hugs you tight-I make you my new newbvie freind! Why? Cus I'm Ash....-shrugs-Sorry but I got full fledged permission to be insane. Call it a year or so of being the said insane person......Tis fun making a name for ones self.

And you Zion. You will have fun on the all-villans thread.If ya got any questions...-points at Mate-Ask him or...-points at self-Ask me.Oh common I might noit be all here but I still know the damn site pretty well!-pout-Anywho have fun peoples and come to me or someone else if ya need any help around!-waves-And I'm out.

7. Rever76

That I knew about and same with the Greeks, you don't want to get me started on Ancient Rome...

Prior to the Mariuan Reforms, by Gaius Marius, The roman legions used a three tier system of warfare. The inexperinced soldiers were placd at the fron with javelins called Pilum, behind them were the Principies who were the middle class soldier, moderatly experinced, and finally at the back row with only a Gladuis and a Triarii Pike were the Triarii the most veteran of the soldiers.
    This structure for the war was appropriate for defending the Latin peninsula (Italy) but very bad for campaigns that exceeded a year in length. Gaius reformed the Legions introducing a gift of land, or a pension if no land was available, a mixing of the veterans with the newbies, to reduce the number of casualties in the front ranks. Every man was given a spear, a Pilum, a sword(Gladius), a short sword/long dagger and a smaller dagger.
    The Pilum was to designed to break upon impact as many enemies of Rome would pick up fallen Javelins and hurl them back at the Legionaires. The Pilum was desigined so that either the metal half would seperate from the wooden half, and that the metal part would bend on impact. After the battle they could easily be repaired and made ready for the next battle.

Ohh and Hi Lord Welshi *bows* and hi Starfire *returns hug* I will enjoy such space to express madness and randomness

8. starfire0639

starfire0639 Active Member

Wow...Ironic.Were learning about ancient Rome and Italy in my experimental histories sophmore class.....Boring and snore worthy but I like the rise and fall of the Roman EMpire.They can't just stay up and running can they? Ah and I almost forgot.... Akuchishiki!!!!!-tackles Reven-Ah yay! OH and once more...almost forgot....The names Ash.I don't care to be called Starfire or Star or Fire since its not my real name only my screenname. But call me that if ya wish.And you'll have as much space as you wish to be insane and/or wierd.This shall be a fun experience.

9. DeathscytheVII

DeathscytheVII Farewell, Daughter of Trigon

As an avid reader of military history, i can proudly say i know this :D:D

And welcome to the forum Zion! Are you sure you don't want to also participate int he JLU threaD? lol...well as soon as other members start posting. -AHEM-

10. Lord Welshi

Lord Welshi I own all I see. Except that

I knew most of Rever's description of Roman warfare too. I dare say that within the next year, i'll have covered the roman military in quite extensive detail.

And there's no need to bow to me...at least, not until you've read my stories. Only then can you bow, for you should make your own judgement as to weather i deserve the bowing or not.

No rise and go forth! :D

Lord Welshi

11. Zion Demonio

Thanks people, for the warm welcomes. Thanks for the RPG welcomes, too. Also, I told you who I was. Psycho Snake. Or Zion. Either way, but i'd rather the snake thing. Naw'mean? Yeah. :anime:

12. Rever76

Um.. guys?
    I know I sound a little pushy, but could some of you read The Chronicles of Dead-Eye. I wanted to try a different way of writing a fanfic.
    It's kinda hard for me to edit my stories, and this one has changing perspectives, so I need someone to Edit it.
    Just PM me.

And now for my trademark random fact/quote...
    The Author Tery Pratchett frequently mentions his first job at 17 as a jounralist in rural England. What he also mentions in the same breath is that he saw his first corpse three hours later.
    It's taken me a while, but I found out what happened. A farmer had fallen through an old well that he had used to store pig crap. He'd fallen in head-first and had been buried up to his wasit in waste. When young Terry had gotten to the scene the deceased had been removed from the place of partial burial and was to be taken to the undertaker's for preparation for a full burial in a less smelly substance.
    What the esteemed author remembers the mosst is "All the hundreds of pretty yellows and greens and purples the Human body can turn when drowning sh*t"

13. Zion Demonio

So, like, what's the book about? It has a good title, but you can't trust a title. I can't. Not since last time. :(

14. Death58

Death58 WFWC Vet.

I haven't had a chance to do so yet(I'm a little late it seems), but welcome Zion. I suppose I'll see ya around the boards! Also, I have yet to state a fact I know. . .Okay;
    There was actually a battle fought during the American Civil War that involved men actually fighting with nothing but spoons and forks. The two forces were in the middle of eating, and during the dinner time of the two, a small fight broke out which in turn started a full scaled battle. . .but there were no weapons other than the aforementioned spoons and forks. That's not much, but it made me laugh. .

15. Zion Demonio

Wow, everyone's so nice! Even the landlady. *Landlady comes over,* :sweat: *Yells at me to pay rent, slaps me upside the head, and I go flying 5 ft.* Scratch that. *Kicks me in stomach* OOOWWWWW!!! :crying: Why ya' gotta be like that, lady?!... :eek: *running*

#295 Zion Demonio, Sep 4, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 4, 2005
  16. Death58

Death58 WFWC Vet.

^That reminds me of a movie I just watched. . .Kung Fu Hustle. It was funny.

17. Zion Demonio

Yeah, that's where I got it from. I LOVE that movie! It's one of my favorites. That's why I used that.

18. Death58

Death58 WFWC Vet.

I thought that some of the fight scenes reminded me of Dragon Ball Z. . .which is awesome. Especially the last fight. . .:D

19. Zion Demonio

Yes, that is true. The fight scenes were BAD. But in my opinion, the WHOLE movie was good, not just the fight scenes. :D... :eek: Oh God... SHE'S BACK!!! *Running like hell* Gotta RLH! :D

20. Rever76

Kung-Fu Hustle is Hilarious!!
    I love the knife-throwing scene...
    "Who threw this handle?!"
    "Handle..?"
    Turns to his friend behind him with the blade of the knife lodged in his shoulder...
    "Sorry."

R

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.