1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

World's Finest Writer's Corner Introduction Thread

Discussion in 'The Story Board' started by BeastBoyWonder, Nov 25, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rever76

Rever76 It'll be done when I do it

Bedlam was actually the name of an infamous mental hospital in London, and well thanks, I like madness and I know you guys have a rep for that...

2. dimmy52

dimmy52 Orsati Assassin

See what I mean? Full of interesting yet ultimately pointless facts!

*sigh* It most definitely is going to get interesting...

Cheers, Dimster, Droog Master

3. Matt A

Matt A Smile. Or Else.

I know. That was my point.:p:evil::evil::evil:

-Matt A-

4. Rever76

Ohh well... Did you know that the youngest person to develop a neutron gun was only 15!, By 17 he'd been able to enrich Uranium using his neutron gun, the original design was quite crude but when the Police caught him dumping somthing suspicious they tought it was a body, it turned out to be Uranium 239 that he'd enriched from Uranium 235.

That would only make sense if you knew a little about Nuclear Physics. I know a little, but I dislike hain to work out the equations..

Did I say I know completely Random things....

The longest range sniper kill was 2,430 metres, by a Canadian sniper during the recent Afghanistan War on Terror campaign. The flight time was 4 seconds and the bullet dropped 44.5 metres. This is all in metric measurements as snipers prefer the metric for ranging purposes.

5. Matt A

Matt A Smile. Or Else.

Knew the first one, didn't know the second. So you win that one.:sad:

But here's something I doubt you'll know: Noel Gallagher, one of the two Oasis frontmen, considers his best vocal performance to date to be on a track that Oasis didn't release. See if you can guess which one...;):evil::evil::evil:

-Matt A-

6. Rever76

The most common name in the English language is Smith, in the US alone there is 2.4 million Smiths, about 1% of the population.

In both the PRC and the ROC, Zhang is the most popular name. In the PRC, Zhangs alone make up 10% of the population. This about 115 million Zhangs. This makes it the most popular name in the world.

At least someone has heard of David Hahn, who happens to be a sailor on the USS Enterprise, which has six nuclear reactors...

Sorry but I haven't a clue all I can remember about Oasis is wonder wall and something involving the lead singer nutting a journalist...

7. dimmy52

dimmy52 Orsati Assassin

Perhaps we should make a 'Random Facts' thread, like the one rever started on the titansgo forums!

I never knew a battle could be raged, not by flinging bullets at each other, nor verbal insults, but rather, random facts...

I quite liked the sound of that statement!

Ok, here's a fact for you: [font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The Bible has been translated into Klingon. [/font]
    Weird huh?
    Cheers, Dimster, Droog Master​

8. Matt A

Matt A Smile. Or Else.

Hah! I win!:p

But...I didn't know about all the other random facts, Dimmy's included, so I guess I don't win after all.:sad:

I like the sound of that. See if the "Fun & Games" forum would be interested.;):anime::anime:

-Matt A-

9. DeathscytheVII

DeathscytheVII Farewell, Daughter of Trigon

Go canada! :cool:

Welcome to high society Rever76! Hope you enjoy your stay.

10. Rever76

Why thank you Deathscythe!

11. Reket

Reket ~>Random Cliffy Lover

Hi, Rever, nice to meet you. Although a little late :sweat: :sweat:

I've been gone for a while, so I've got lots of catching up to do with the fics!!

~carrot

12. Rever76

Hi Reket nice to meet you!

Sherlock Holmes has never said '[font=&quot]Elementary, m[/font]y dear Watson.' not in any of Sir Arthur Conan Doyle's Books, nor the screenplays.
    Despite considerable success Holmes was never Sir Conan Doyle's favourite character.

In the Australian city of Melbourne, during the 2003-2005 Gangland wars, the most popular weapons for the slayings were a .38 Smith & Wesson 1898 revolver, similar to the one used by the Victorian Police and a sawn-off double barrelled shotgun. These weapons were wielded True Crime: Streets of LA-style, most significantly in the murder of the second Moran brother at a saturday morning little league football game, in front of his children.

That last one was part of an Exam piece I did for Legal Studies.

I know too much... Way too much...

#272 Rever76, Aug 29, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 29, 2005
  13. Matt A

Matt A Smile. Or Else.

Yeah, ya do.:p:p:p

-Matt A-

14. Death58

Death58 WFWC Vet.

Well, hi Rever76, I haven't got a chance to meet you yet. I'll see ya around the boards. Also knowing too much can be helpful in some situations. . .you mentioned Sherlock Holmes. Knowing too much did wonders for that character.

15. Matt A

Matt A Smile. Or Else.

Yeah, but he was private detective. I doubt that Rever shares that occupation...:p

-Matt A-

16. DeathscytheVII

DeathscytheVII Farewell, Daughter of Trigon

"Flouride does not prevent tooth decay, it does however, render teeth detectable by spy satellites" - The Question, justice league

:D

17. Rever76

Contrary to Popular belief, the Pavlova cake was actually invented in New Zealand, not Australia...

And no, I don't intend to, as most of the private detectives in my region are all hired to investigate the Victorian Police Drug squad, which has been completely suspended 6 times since 2000, or the Gangland killings and that is Bloody and scary, so no. I hope to become a high-powered barrister, suing people for ridiculously amounts of Lucre for ridiculously small disputes...

R

18. Matt A

Matt A Smile. Or Else.

Class.:p

-Matt A-

19. Reket

Reket ~>Random Cliffy Lover

lol

CAKE!!! jk

20. Lord Welshi

Lord Welshi I own all I see. Except that

Welcome rever, sorry this is late as a hello!

So, my fact? LEt's see....something i'm sure absolutely everybody knows...

Ok, did you know that Julius Caesar was not actually an emperor? The first emperor of Rome was his adopted son, Claudius Augustus, who's rise to power was concealed beneath the facade of reviving the Roman Republic. Boring, but something i know.

Oh, and the modern state of democracy is actually quite different to the ancient Greek (namely, Athenian) idea of a democratic constitution.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.