1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

Introduce Yourself To The Story Board!

Discussion in 'The Story Board' started by Kylewayne, Jul 2, 2004.

1. Kylewayne

Kylewayne Mrs. Outlander00

Welcome Zerta and Neko Konneko!

Enjoy yourselves here at the story board and Neko, you got me intrigued with this story of yours...*euns off to read*

2. Neko Konneko

Neko Konneko ticked off

Thanx. I like this place because people don't judge me here! I feel more welcome than at school!!

3. James_Batista

James_Batista Hatchling's Shell

Allo allo allo, I'm James Batista, otherwise known as Bluefog, VGerX, VGerX2001 and/or BauconBatista. I'm a fledging fanfiction writer looking to redeem himself after a miserable FF.net run under the penname of VGerX2001. To see what I mean, just check my bio--or better yet, don't.

I've changed since then, though. I have a few epic stories planned that I hope to finish before the end of the year. My current fandoms are Star Wars, Legend of Zelda, Metroid, Lilo & Stitch, The Incredibles(And probably all other Pixar films), 24 and Harry Potter. My current favorite "canon" character is definitely Samus Aran of Metroid fame--her enigmatic persona is the center of my fanfic writing these days :anime:

I think I have a major flaw as a writer: skyhigh expectations. Sometimes, no matter how hard I try, I will be overly critical of every single aspect of my stories(The flow, the prose, the pacing, the dialogue, the characterizations et al), to the point that either it never gets finished, or never sees the light of day. It seems as if expecting the "greatest thing ever written" has become as natural as breathing :sad:

Ahhh, well, I'm slowly starting to overcome that. This seems like a cool place :)

4. Mr Cat Dog

Mr Cat Dog Bite me

Well, hello everyone. I'm Mr Cat Dog. To find out more about me, just look here. I'm too lazy to write out all that again. Writing-wise, I did write a few Pokemon fanfictions, but I've moved on from that, to poetry. I'll happily review anyone's poetry if they PM me, or if I just happen to see it as I wander around this place. I have some of my poems posted here already, and feedback would be appreciated... But I'm not forcing you to, I mean, it's not as if I'm going to tie you to a chair, soak you in petrol and set you alight if you don't.... Although it would be nice if you reviewed my poems :anime:

So... I look forward to writing and reiewing here. :)

5. Kylewayne

Welcome James_Batista and Mr Cat Dog to the story board, the place where you put your creative minds at work to write stories, fanfics of the like. I hope you both enjoy your stay here. Please forgive the slow traffic in this forum. =)

*huggles both*

6. Mr Cat Dog

Mr Cat Dog Bite me

Thanks for the huggle, but I have a question. Can we double post in order to get either an extra chapter/poem on here, or do we have to wait until its been reviewed by someone first? On some forums I've been to, you have to wait, on others, you can double/triple/whatever post all you like, and I was just wondering what the policy is here, as I do have a lot more poems to show off... er, I mean kindly grace the forum :p

7. J. B. Warner

J. B. Warner Increasing my wordiness

I'm J. B. Warner, I've been here for quite a while, but I've rarely posted fanfiction because I know what a low-traffic forum this is. I recently gambled and lost with "The American Way", my "Love Hina" movie. Other fanfics I've written include "Pokémon the Movie 7.5: Revenge of the Scorned" and "Excel Saga: The Final Embarrasment", which I'm currently still writing. I may or may not put them here - it all depends on if the traffic picks up.

8. Kylewayne

You do not have to wait for someone to review your stuff. You may double post =)

9. SilverKnight

SilverKnight Sigh.

I'll let you know ahead of time that I have a very bad crick in my neck, and as such I'm very annoyed and unusually combative. Fair warning.

Ahhh. So it's the famed, "If I don't get X reviews, I won't post Y story anymore" argument/excuse, eh? Does it really matter how many reponses you get? Sure, all writers love to get feedback on their work, but that shouldn't be the only reason to write or post them, and frankly, the notion that you may or may not post your fanfiction here simply because this particular forum is low-traffic is rather insulting to the ones who do come here. 'Oh, this forum isn't popular. Screw it, then.' Maybe I'm PMSing, but I take offense to that. You want reviews? Head to Fanfiction.net.

Besides, if you want the traffic to pick up, maybe you could try increasing the traffic yourself by--gasp, and shock--posting something. Funny that forums have a tendency to work like that. :p

10. Kylewayne

What she said above was nicely said. I couldn't have said it better myself. Thank you SK =D

11. SilverKnight

SilverKnight Sigh.

You know, this sucks. Speaking of adding traffic, here I am with a really huge inspiration in the fic-writing department, and none of them are toon-related. (Video-game related. Blarg.) I really wish I could post them here (I suppose there's technically nothing stopping me, but bah, but I feel like a heel for posting OT threads in a forum unless for an important reason); is there any kind of parameters that the Story Board has for the fics it welcomes? I know it's PG-13 max and toon-only, generally, but is it really out of whack to post fics (that aren't original) out of the toondom?

This forum needs a FAQ or something, for the stupid people like people. ;) :D >huggles KW<

12. Tenku

Tenku D-don't come any closer!

Yep, that pretty much sums it, SK.

I almost didn't post any of my stuff because I thought no one would read them, especially my masterpiece of work (to me anyway). I always it was a bit much to read in one sitting anyway, but that's what I intended....
    *ahem*
    But lo and behold, I got 900 (I think) views and nothing but praises. :D

Hope that wasn't too offtopic. o_o;

Y'know, even though I haven't been here that long...I don't think that it even has to be toon-related... not sure about the ratings; as long as you put it somewhere (which I forgot to do...hehe).
    I dunno, there's some that are ...
    but other than that...go for it.

#112 Tenku, Apr 6, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 6, 2005
  13. Kylewayne

Detective Comics related stories belong at the Worlds Finest Writers Corner,
    everything else is welcomed here as long as it does not contain explicit sexual and/or inappropriate language.

14. DarkAngel

DarkAngel Lord Vader

Well, I've been browsing the "Story Board" and posting a little here and there for a few weeks. It somehow escaped my attention that an introduction thread existed. But I'm here now. Better late than never, I suppose.

I've been a member of the toonzone forums for a while now, though I never really came in here. And I'm not sure why given my love of storytelling (both reading and writing). But again, better late than never. There seems to be a lot of cool stuff happening here, a lot of talented people. Hopefully I can add something to that, both in the forms of feedback/comments and through fiction (poetry still intimidates me).

I'm glad I finally checked this board out. I'll definitely be sticking around.

15. rmarti3926

rmarti3926 Enforcing galatic law

My name is rmarti3926...

Hi, storytellers, my name is rmarti3926, I am a longtime member of Toon Zone and a newly found member of the Drawing Board forum.

I live in Seattle, WA and I am planning to move to Everett within the next few months. My hobbies are movies, video games, anime, 12-inch action figures, and recently start buying comic books.

I am currently working on a project called "Anything Goes" in hopes to use this project to help me start my own comic book company. I hope you guys help me on my dream. My project's website is at the bottom of my signature.

I hope I have a good time here at the Story Board. Hope you line me.:D

16. Tenku

Welcome DarkAngel and rmarti3926! Hope you enjoy your stay. :)

Finally! :D
    Maybe we can get some more people to come by... The Story Board is like the one part of the house that the carpet isn't so treaded...or that one room where you're not supposed to enter until you're grown.
    I'm pretty sure that's the right metaphor, no?

*psst* Past the word about the Story Board. Traffic will be appreciated! You don't have to submit a story...you can just comment. I think. o_o;

17. fairys_light

fairys_light Guest

Hi, I'm a newbie, and I know I'll regret saying that for some time, but oh well. Anyway, I had a few questions:
    Can you post original stories that aren't short? (not sure how to put that question)
    Can you simply post a link to your story here?
    Answers appreciated .

18. Xerroo

Xerroo Megas Fan

Hi. I'm Xerroo. And I'm gonna try writing up some Megas Episode idea scripts here. I hope you like them.

19. Tenku

Hmm, I think I know what you mean. Of course you can. As long as you can keep it neat... or something. :D
    And about the link....ehh, don't know about that. Ask a mod of this forum...

And welcome aboard the Story Board, fairys_light and Xerroo. I hope you guys don't mind the super low traffic. It's been like this forever, or at least it's been told like that.

Meanwhile, I shall pimp the board! :D :cool:

20. Kylewayne

Welcome fairys_light and Xeroo

To answer to your questionn you cannot have a link to your story. You may only have a link to your story in your signature. However, you can post your story in a thread so we can read it.

Detective Comics related stories belong at the Worlds Finest Writers Corner,
    everything else is welcomed here as long as it does not contain explicit sexual and/or inappropriate language.

Other thannthat have fun and enjoy yourselves here new members =)

PS: Makes Tenku one of my Story Board slaves to pass on the wonderful word of SB :D Go out my minion and spread the knowledge of SB! :sweat: