1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

Introduce Yourself To The Story Board!

Discussion in 'The Story Board' started by Kylewayne, Jul 2, 2004.

1. Raven13

Raven13 Yes please.

Hey, well I'm very new to the Story board and I'm thinking bout writting a story. Well I have a story in the Worlds Finest Writting Corner that bout Teen Titans so I decied to write something not about the Teen Titans. All I'm asking is can there be blood and some gore maybe??? I fI do I will be sure to rate my story first!:sad:

~ ~ Raven13 ~ ~

2. Kylewayne

Kylewayne Mrs. Outlander00

Welcome Raven13! To answer your question...YES! =) As long as it fits the purpose of your story and that the whole story isn,t based on gory stuff =)
    Nice to see you on SB *hug*

3. Kylewayne

Hello and welcome ! Make yourself comfy around here and I hope you enjoy yourself even though this board is slow on traffic. =)

4. Baltofan

Baltofan Active Member

Hi!
    I´m a Danish fan fic writer, and I have written fics since around 1992, and I began with some Oliver & Company fan fics.

5. Kylewayne

Welcome aboard Baltofan! =D

6. AnimatedSnow47

AnimatedSnow47 Active Member

Hello everyone! I've been a writing fan since I was in 5th grade (I'm now a freshman in college), when I wrote Power Rangers fanfic (before I even knew what fanfic was, really, I just wrote about it because I liked it). From there, I expanded into Star Trek fanfic (including an incomplete Star Trek/ Star Wars crossover).

However, I've been writing one series, with 118 episodes written, since 1999 called Gopher's Gateway. Although it crosses over with such shows as Star Trek, Pokemon, Sailor Moon, Power Rangers, Hamtaro, and others--the crossovers are not the main focus. Basically, the concept is this--our group of heroes (led by me--an intentional 'Mary Sue' style character, of course :anime: ) leads the "next generation of education," the megaschool of Hueytown Academy in the utopia of Hueytown Millennium. But, alas, not only do they face the challenges of education--but villains threaten the school and the world...villains they must stop!

I'm also developing some other ideas currently, including two wholly original concepts--and several more fanfic-style crossovers.

All of my stories are rated G.

Again, hello everyone!

7. Tobias

Tobias Who you gonna call?

Welcome aboard, AnimatedSnow.

118 consecutive stories in a series, huh? I did something similar with a project I did in Junior High about a group of teenage heroes named the Warriors. 173 'episodes' and three spinoffs later, and I finally lost interest in doing it.

But I'm currently reworking Warriors into 'Outcasts', the first part of which goes up Monday. Maybe we can have a 'crossover' between our two series at some point.

8. RisanF

RisanF Guest

Introduction

Well, I call myself RisanF, and I have perhaps a few things to show off here. Most of my work is Anime fics, but I have one good Toon fic that I've been dying to have get attention,. I'm also interested in drawing, so you may find some of my work in the art boards. Videogames have also been a long time passtime for me, though I have some issues about how the industry is going nowadays.

9. Jean_Grey

Jean_Grey Fire Made Flesh

Hey everyone I just started writing not to long ago. I wrote a Teen Titan fic not to long ago but havn't posted it yet. Right now I'm working on a Justice League fic and I have 3 X-men fics but one isn't done yet. There just isn't a lot of JL fics around so I decided to write one.

10. Barb Gordon

Barb Gordon Nin-Mod

Great to have you! And can't wait to see your work :) Just remember that all DC related fics have to be posted over at the World's Finest writing forum, otherwise everything else is quite welcome here!

~Barb

11. Tzomisx

Tzomisx Member

Hi, Im Craig Jurison and have been writing since 5th grade or so. Im 18, just finishing up High School in the next 6 months and going to a community college.

Ive never written any fan fics because, well, Ive never actually tried. My forte is usually short stories and a small group of teachers from my High School's English department have selected a nice chunk of short stories that Ive written over the years that they want me to submit to a few literary magazines (who actually reads those things, besides old people and English teachers anyway?) - Im hoping some good comes out of that, but Im not expecting much.

Over the last year or so Ive been struggling with that age old question of "What do I want to do with my life?" as graduation came nearer and nearer and hadn't decided until a few weeks ago when I realized that

1. I really enjoy character creation
    2. Some really like my writing (I havent had a single paper in a college prep writing course that wasnt under a 95 and the teacher has a rep for being a complete nazi)
    3. I really like the creativity of Cartoons (I firmly believe cartoons are the only non-predictable shows in existance today, unlike the crap you see on prime time Network TV)

So I've decided to take the reigns of my life and become a writer, hopefully for an animated series... or at the very least, a terrible TV Drama or sitcom...

Just like the rest of you, I hate the anticipation of waiting for feedback on a piece so I'll do my best to respond to someones works in under a day on this board. I'm also looking forward to getting some feedback from you guys (hopefully positive ;))

I'll probably have a new piece up on these boards in the next day or so. It usually takes me 3 to 5 days to come up with something, but Ive had a few ideas bouncing around in my head lately.

12. Tenku

Tenku D-don't come any closer!

Welcome aboard, Tzo.

Yeah, it's a bit slow around here... but you'll get used to it. It can take weeks and weeks. *shrugs*
    I used to write fanfics, but I kept going OOC and finally said, 'forget it.' Not exact words, but you get the point. :D :sweat:

13. Youko Recca

Youko Recca Retired

I like where you're coming from Tzomisx. I'm sure I'll enjoy your material. Also never really bothered with fanfics.

14. Mystique

Mystique Member

Hi, on this board my name is Mystique. I sometimes write poems. They are usually really light hearted, and in my opinion not really very good. I will post a few though, and it would be great if ppl could tell me what they think. I also try to write short stories. If I ever come up with one with a decent ending I will post it here. :)

15. Kylewayne

*bops you with a mallet* :D

16. Kylewayne

Hello and welcome!

As M.Hotsuna has explained it is a very slow paced board ;_; but the people here are very friendly and nice. Hope you have fun osting your work here and feel free to read other members works of art =D

17. C-Puff

C-Puff uneducated savage

This is getting silly

Hello. Introducing myself (yet again)
    Although I draw more than I write, I do write. so..er...hi...

18. Kylewayne

Hello C-Puff!

Cool! You write and you can also draw! I'll just have to look out for you at the drawing board as well =)

Welcome!

19. Zerla

Zerla Oh, my badly colored stars!

I write comedy, even if it's insane.

20. Neko Konneko

Neko Konneko ticked off

Hi i am Neko Koneko! I am very new here. My friends call me Television because my innatials are TV. I like watching TV and drawing. I am writting a story caklled "Setting Out Into The Twilight Seas" Please read it.I haven't got any replies yet... :anime: I play a cello in the school orchastra.:) Anything .hack rocks!!!