1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

Introduce Yourself To The Story Board!

Discussion in 'The Story Board' started by Kylewayne, Jul 2, 2004.

1. Planeteer

Planeteer Member

Hi, folks, I'm Planeteer. As you can guess from the handle, I'm a big fan of Captain Planet and the Planeteers (it's something like unto a religion for me, and I try to watch it at least three times a week).

On another board I've written a story called "Unlikely Heroes". It's a sort of parody of He-Man and the Masters of the Universe, kind of like how The Venture Bros. ripped on Jonny Quest. If anyone would like I'll copy and paste it here.

2. Mr. Pedro

Mr. Pedro Der Patton

Howdy, Pedro here. You might remember me from the "Life/Death Poetry Contest" that ran on this board several months back. I might not have won (not even in the top 3) but it was fun to try and hopefully, another contest will pop up before too soon so that I might give it another shot.

Mostly though, I'll just pop in to see if anything of interest has been posted here. I'm not saying that I'll add too much more, but you never know. ;)

That's it for now.

3. Ray Pointer

Ray Pointer Member

Introduction

I have worked in all aspects of animation and motion picture production for 37 years. I am of the last generation brought up in the studio system, and have gained a great deal of practical animation production knowledge from conception, writing, storyboarding, animating, photography, recording, editing, and post-production.

I worked for a number of years as a storyboard artist, and revisionist. I also animated several commericals, and worked on two non-Disney animated features in the early 1990s. I was a storyboard artist/revisionist and director on 12 animated television series in 10 years. I have also worked in the educational, industrial, and documentary fields. I have done extenstive research on the history of animation, and have contributed to books, most recently ANIMATION ART, edited by Jerry Beck.

In all , I have over 300 credits, and am a member of The Television Academy of Television Arts and Sciences Animation Peer Group. You can read further details in my profile listed with this forum, and also on my website: inkwellimagesink.com.

4. vampirelover95

vampirelover95 Danielle

Hello, I love to write morbid poetry to help get my anger, fear, and sadness out on to paper. Or pixels for that matter. I think this website is cool. I might be starting my own little comic called mystic with some cool Japanese names and all I think it will be great! :anime:

5. Kylewayne

Kylewayne Mrs. Outlander00

A big warm welcome to our new members!

Please post your story in a thread so we can all read it.=D I am quite interested in reading it on the weekend whn things unwind by the end of the week for me =)

Oooh! You are a cheeky one! You better be more active around here or else this catish moderator will gladly claw you ;)

You are a very interesting man to get to know mister Ray Pointer. Feel free to guid our members and give positive feedback as well as pointers on what to improve. Hope to see you more around these boards =D

Thank you for your nice compliment on finding this place cool ^^! Feel free to write and post your comic here. We would love to read it. =D

Above all, I hope you all enjoy your stay here at Toon Zone: Story Board. Have fun writing!

6. Ray Pointer

Ray Pointer Member

My Welcome

#66 Ray Pointer, Nov 27, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 19, 2005
  7. Chime

Chime 存在

hihi!

er...im Moogle. i like to write poems, because i lack the attention span to come up with anything longer. i write a lot, but the majority of my poems get crumpled up into tiny balls and burned or i run them through my dads' shredder. i guess you could say i have fairly high standards, at least as far as my work is concerned.:sweat:

or maybe my work is just bad:crying:

#67 Chime, Nov 28, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 28, 2004
  8. Starrysky

Starrysky Member

Hi! My name is Starrysky...I love to read others work, and I'll attempt to write pretty soon, wish me luck!:sweat: I like just about all shows that are good...which is too many to write down...:anime:
    :D

9. Agent S7

Agent S7 Destined to Rock

The name's Agent S7, the S & the 7 standing for Secret7. It's a looooong story. Anyway, I usually write dark stories or humorous ones. Either way, they usually come out sad or disturbing. Creepy, no? I'm not really that much of a creepy guy actually, for some reason I just have an obsession with writing depressing stories. Oh well. Here's a link to one of my stories so you can see what I mean:
    Link to PpG: Madness...
    http://forums.toonzone.net/showthread.php?t=127836

10. Kylewayne

Welcome Moogle, Starrysky and Agent S7,

Nice tpo have you three on board. I hope you enjoy your stay here. I must warn you though. The Story Board is low traffic. We hope that you wpould take the time and post in other peoples stories because the moderators dat times do not have the time due to them having a life outside the net like you all three have =) with all that said! To your pens!, pencisl or keyboard and write away!

LOL!!! i do not blame you. I have the same problem. I can never write a long story, so I either sticck to poetry or short stories that are 3 to 2 pages long..=P

*gives you all my students papers to correct* Oh, you can also read the stories on this board =P Get to work! *cracks whip* ;) :sweat: *huggles*

Do not worry, I love reading gloomy things. Most of my friends write dark noiresque poetry and stories. So you have come to the write place! =D

11. matta2fatta

matta2fatta cuz i eat 2 much pancake batta

whats the deal with curses?

12. can_i_live_777

can_i_live_777 Irish Ninja

Hello, I'm Rather Dashing. I'm new to this site. I just found myself with even more free time then I had before, so I decided to pick up writing again. I've started a couple of books, but on one I wrote myself into a corner and just quit, and the other I lost and when I rewrote it, it sucked. So if any of my work goes unfinished, don't be surprised. I've recently started trying my hand at poetry, though I don't think it's very good. One I wrote did however cause two people I know to break into tears. I mean, I didn't think they were that bad! I hope to get something half-way decent written soon. I'm toying around with some stuff right now. Oh, btw, if I tick anyone off, don't be offended. I am twice as critical about my work then other peoples.

13. Matt A

Matt A Smile. Or Else.

Hi, I'm Welshie's Mate, aka Matt A, aka one of Lord Welshie's best mates (check the World's Finest forum for info on who he is). If I say that I'm English, a college student/aspiring writer, chronic geek and terminal dance music addict then you should know all that needs knowing about me.

I'm mainly hovering round Toonzone to post Teen Titans fan-fic stuff, but I've written more "normal" stuff over the years and here seems to be the perfect place to post it all.

I'll have four short stories and the first four chapters of an (eventually) epic sci-fi/crime novel for you, just so's you know.

14. Sumi_Masen

Sumi_Masen Active Member

Hello all! I'm Sumi, and I can't write well. I try, at least. Most of what I do is drabbles. I find that trying to write anything long either hurts my brain or I hit a serious case of writer's block. Right in the middle of one story I have ideas for another, and drop what I'm doing to work on whatever. It's a neverending cycle! Anyway, whenever I do manage to post something, I hope to recieve a lot of constructive criticism so I may better my literary technique and set higher standards for myself.

15. sailorcrystal

sailorcrystal Rose the human or hedgehog

Hi. I'm Sailor Crystal but just call me Rose. I like to write lots of fanfics. Mainly Sonic, Sailor Moon, Teen Titans, Code Lykoko, and Fear Factor fanfics. I write stuff about school. The one I'm currently am working on is based on things that are happening in my school. I'll post it when I have a chapter done. I just started it today. I play in the band at my school. I play flute and Claraniet. I just started playing Claraneit because we needed some for some of the songs we have to play. I'm not so great at writing an assingment when you have to turn it in the day they assigned it. For a scary story contest I wrote about the indian ghosts in the hospital and I had them take patients. I came in first for that contest. I'll put that story up here once my teacher gives it back. Thats a little bit about me.

16. Kylewayne

Welcome!

Okay, sorry folks, I am falling a bit behind with the holidays and with a cast on my right hand ><!

Without further ado, I would like to welcome our newest members!
    Welcome sailorcrystal, Sumi_Masen, Welshie's Mate, and can_i_live_777

Hope you all enjoy your stay here! Feel free to comments in members stories, post your stories and please do not kill me for not being a round much since I fractured wrist. I,ll be back in full swing next year in February. Right now , still keeping on eye on things but not posting much. *huggles all*

17. TheVertigo

TheVertigo The Dark Passion

Greetings from the Underworld.

Despite what my username is at the moment, I go by the name TheVertigo. I'm a fanfiction author, for most part, and I dabble mostly in Batman, Witch Hunter Robin, Escaflowne, Hey Arnold! and Ninja Turtle fandoms. I despise Mary Sues/Stus and/or any other forms of author self-insertations, script-stories, and I will not stand for bad grammar. Personally, I don't think you can call yourself a writer until you've been formally introduced to proper sentence structure. As such, you will find that many of my stories will go through several revisions as I'm a dirty little perfectionist...

That aside, what I do like are well-thought out stories and I'm a sucker for romance---especially if the story features an unconventional couple. Nothing makes me more giddy than finding a story that pairs together two complete opposites and the author manages to keep the characters in-character with an innovative plot and fantastic style. I'm also a fan of more darker-flavored tales and short-stories that explore different aspects of a character.

I'm also a fan of the 'anime-inspired' style of writing. Details are important; unordinary and stylistic views on these same details give 'important' that solid polish.

On a personal level, I'm a freshman at University studying Political Science and Psychology, with several English Literature courses under my belt. Currently, I'm building up my writing portfolio so I can apply to some of the more selective Creative Writing courses at my school. I'm a big nerd---the only other TV I watch, besides anime and 'toons, is the history channel. I play soccer and tennis and I swim competitively. I like tigers and tiger-lillies, cheesecake and the color red.

I also don't mind reviewing/beta-reading, so just ask and ye shall receive... Just don't let me catch you un-spellchecked!

18. Kylewayne

Welcome Okami,

I deffinetly have to say that you will fit in nicely at the Story Board. Please feel free to comment and correct peoples grammar =P *makes you the grammar nazi of SB* ;)

Hope you enjoy your stay and finally someone who like Escaflowne and Witch Hunter Robin! Anyone who loves Batman is a plus! i am an anime freak and Batman obsessed fangirl!

19. Kasumi

Kasumi Band nerds will rule the world

Watch me ramble.

'Ello everyone, I'm Kasumi. Well not really. I don't go by Kasumi anymore. Either Kizoke or Kizo is okay. Unlike most people here, I dont' write fanfiction. I would if I wasn't such a characterization nazi. To me, when I write fanfiction, they're never in character and it bugs me :sad:.

My main fandoms are Inu-Yasha, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Naruto, Shaman King, and Teen Titans. Fun stuff. I read more fanfic than write like I said. Real people fic scares me to high heaven. This includes wrestling.

Anywho, I write original stories because then I get to make my own characters, plots, and settings. It's seriously fun. Right now I have 3 novel ideas going on in my head. I like well done romances but I'm an action-girl at heart. All my stories at least have some kind of action-y/adventure-y thing going on in them. I have a website in motion that has some of my little ficlet challenges on them. I'll finish it someday. I also write down all my ideas in a little purple notebook I have. And I fill out all the character forms I can find. I like fleshing out my characters.

Last off... constructive critism is your friend! Yay concrit!

20. Tobias

Tobias Who you gonna call?

Hi, I'm Tobias, and I'm new to the Story Board.

I love writing fanfic, and currently am balancing five ongoings at DCA and MA , but my work could always use improving.

I'd love to do a story or two on these boards, but can someone point me to the rules and regs for the Story Board? I know I have to keep the story clean (which I try to do anyway), but I'd like to know the do's and don'ts of posting before I put anything up.