1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

Introduce Yourself To The Drawing Board!

Discussion in 'The Drawing Board' started by James, Apr 2, 2003.

1. O-Z

O-Z New Member

Hey, sure! How can I help?

2. Son Gokuu

Son Gokuu Member

Is my name really Son Gokuu? I'm not telling. I'm just ya basic artist who loves to draw anything especially if it is a challange. Most of all I love to draw Japanese Animé such as Outlaw Star, Dragonball Z, Tenchi etc. Hopefully this September I will be taking a part time Art and Design course at my nearest college which in Harrogate (UK). In future I hope to show some of my work here, if thats okay by some of you.

3. James

James Administrator
    Staff Member Moderator

Son Gukuu - a fellow Brit by the sounds of it. Welcome! Enjoy your stay. :)

O-Z - All knowledge and experience is appreciated in the Drawing Board. Impart some pointers in current threads or if you have some more specific ideas speak to Outlander as the Workshop remains his baby.

4. Ferquin

Ferquin I ♥ Princess Peach!

I guess I was supposed to introduce myself here.

Anyway, I'm 26, self-taught. Umm, I like to make Nintendo fanart, even printed in Nintendo Power a few times. I have a website (under construction) to showcase my stuff. I use pencils and Sharpies. I end up wasting a lot of erasers and paper. I used to color stuff in markers, but now that I have Photoshop, that's a thing of the past, although I wish I had a tablet. It'd make things much easier. But then, I'd sooner spend the money on videogames and DVDs. Uh, that's all, I guess.

Here's what I'm currently working on.

5. Outlander00

Outlander00 Another Stand Alone Complex

How did I miss this? :p

Welcome to the Drawing Board Ferequin! From your Princess Peach image, it seems that you are quite skilled. Hope we get to see more of your work :)

6. Ferquin

Ferquin I ♥ Princess Peach!

Thanks. Did you see my other new piece? It's in this thread. Let me know what you think. In that thread.

Oh, and do check out my website. I'm planning on uploading some of my older stuff and some new doodles if I can get them scanned in tonight.

7. Zara

Zara I'm Sleepy

Hi. Well, I've been on Toonzone since December of 2002 and I've mainly only browsed/posted on the Adult Swim board. But with Matt Wilson getting Oekaki back up -- I started to venture around more in ToonZone.

I drew a comic strip for 3 years called Suburbia World that appeared in some local newspapers. But the newspaper changed formats and they got rid of all local columnists and artists. Been doodling ever since. I have a dinky webpage that has a few strips that I did several years ago. It will give you an idea of my style (my avatar is some of my artwork too). I have since redesigned a lot of the characters on that webpage too (especially the animals). I still do some work on the strips, I just don't ever get around to scanning them. I'll try to post some of my work in the next few weeks.

Like my bio says, I'm a wannabe cartoonist who's in a Network Admin position for an ad agency (love the Macintosh!). I enjoy being in an agency and around the high levels of creative energy. What stinks is that while I can tell you how to fix and troubleshoot programs like Photoshop & Illustrator -- I can't do a thing in 'em (but I'm trying to learn). Thus why a lot of my work isn't colored (or what is - is poorly done).

I need to improve my skills by leaps and bounds, so I keep practicing and toying around with different perspectives and styles. I've been completely amazed at some of the outstanding work I've seen in this board. It lets me know I've got a long ways to go!

8. Boy Wonder

Boy Wonder An old geezer from the north!

I draw cars. Yum

9. Weibart

Weibart Intercept Now!
    Reporter

i'm new to post but i've been viewing the drawing board for a while now.
    i've even participated in the DKA cover contest under the name rick lebiew and doing so was a blast. hope to post the occasional sketch or two in the future, as well as (hopefully) WF fan fics. glad to be part of the gang.

10. Outlander00

oooo new people to the insane asylum! :D

Zara - Another cartoonist joins us! Welcome to the DB! I hope we can see more of your work so that others may see :)

Boy wonder - Very cool. as a matter a fact, We are doing something involving cars in the new Workshop asignment.

screw on head - We are glad you participated in the DKA contest and I think I can speak for everyone when I say... we cant wait to see more work posted.

Just to give you guys a heads up...

There are 5 (yes, count them) 5 new or very recent workshops uploaded in The Workshops, as well as a new assignment. If you guys want to take a look, participate, etc... We encourage it

11. James

James Administrator
    Staff Member Moderator

Zara - We all have a long way to go! Just when you think you're doing pretty well, someone else comes round the corner and knocks you for six with their work!! Enjoy your time here!

Boy wonder - You do seem to like your cars... I hate drawing them - had to do a load of Batmobile shots of late and it's driven me up the wall... geddit?

Screw on head - How about posting your pic for all the members to see and comment on. I believe it will be displayed when we put up issue 4, but here is a great back for some feedback!

12. Mackenzie Rainelle

Mackenzie Rainelle Anime Psychoanalyst

Uh...well.....Hi. Most of y'all know me from the other boards....um......I've been drawing for awhile now...about 8 years or so (yes, all that practice and I'm still bad). Ah..I start at SCAD this fall, hoping to major in Illustration, with maybe a minor in Costume Design. I like screwing around with styles, like mixing anime with Mucha and things like that...Um, sometimes I do hatched stuff or woodcut-style inking......Nothing else, really. ^^;;;

13. Outlander00

Ahhh yes... another illustrator added to the ranks... MWAHAHAhahahahaha!

*looks around at the blank stares and clears his throat*

Right! :D

Im happy to see you make your way here, Mackenzie... Welcome! :)

btw, you are not bad at all in your drawing :)

14. LadyM

LadyM Active Member

Hi folks! I'm Lady M, aka Lady Moondancer, Lady Maximus, LM, Legion Maximus, and . . . uh, I think that's all of them. ^_~ I used to hang out here, but then I switched computers and 'puter #2 didn't like the board. (*sob sob*) Then I finally got a new computer, but I was moving and there was all this personal stuff and . . . well, anyway I'm back now. I couldn't remember my old ID, so I just signed up again. This is what people usually call me on the DC boards anyway. ^_~

I work full time as an accountant/payroll clerk, collect My Little Ponies, Transformers, and other random toys, and write gobs and gobs of fanfics.

*waves at everybody*

~LM~

15. James

James Administrator
    Staff Member Moderator

Welcome aboard the Drawing Board Express! *toot toot*

Transformers and My Little Pony? Hasbro must be gushing with pleasure! :p

16. WingZombie38

WingZombie38 Deeply in love with Megatron

Hi everyone!

I'm WingZombie38, formerly savy7. Call me WZ38, Wing, or whatever. I'd give you my real name but I don't like it because it reminds me of what dubbers do to Anime. My parents to a very nice family name, found the English equivalent and named me that. :rolleyes:

I am from Sicily the original melting pot of cultures. No, the Sicilian dialect [should be language] is not like Italian or Spanish. If it was I would know how to speak both languages, which I can't. I'm proud to still speak some form of Sicilian because it is, sadly :( , a dying dialect in Sicily. Everyone's speaking Italian more and more, boo! Sicilian is actually a lot like Arabic. My Guyanese friend once told me that when she hears me speak Sicilian it's like hearing her Arabic friend speak. Okay, enough with the Sicily lecture. I could go on an on though, if you have any questions I'll be sure [or at least try] to answer. :)

I am going to begin my second year of college at a college with a very poor art department. :shrug: I have no clue when or how to transfer. I wanted to go to Pratt, which is closer to me, but I was intimidated to even apply. I am [hopefully] going to get a Bachelor's in Fine Arts/Computer Graphics. And I have never touched a 3D software before. I [and my family] can't afford it. Pathetic, I know.

Most of my family can draw very easily and without a second thought. I on the other hand have always had many problems on how to draw. I also can't ask them for help because they ALL live in Sicily. [I haven't seen any of them since I was 3 and some since I was 15.] My mind is weird. I often flip things [unknowingly] all over the place and my figures end up looking screwy. I also have a VERY bad sense of lighting, shading, proportion, and perspective.

My last year of high school was very difficult as we found out my father has cancer. [He's all right at the moment.] That's even the reason I joined Toonzone, to try and forget about family life. I mentally couldn't handle it and many aspects of my life just collapse. I always was able to write stories, poems, and fan fics. Now any attempt can't even begin. I'm still trying to get back into it. My drawing skills suffered as well. I just stopped drawing.

Things were starting to look up during college, but sank. We had an end of year review were all the freshmen art students got critiqued by faculty, the school's president, etc., and I had the WORST review. My acquaintances even said so. I got not one positive review or remark. :( They especially hated the Anime inspired storyboard I did. To them Anime is not an original form of art nor can I call any Anime inspired work I do original because of it. Being the sensitive fool I am, I didn't cry but I was about too, instead I laughed. :shrug: Despite the Anime influence I thought they would like it because I was the ONLY one to actually have different angled shots, which is something they complained about not seeing.

Well, that ruined me. I've tried to draw countless times this summer and failed as their harsh words ring through my ears. Lately, in the past 10 hours, I told my self to "freak" it and just draw. I want to try and not care what others will say. Plus, classes begin in a few days and I don't want to say I did nothing, like last year.

I enjoy animation. Any form of animation, including comics. I am a huge Looney Tunes [Sylvester/Bugs/Daffy], Batman[Bruce/Joker/Twoface], Transformers[Megatron/Starscream/Soundwave], GI JOE[Cobra Commander/Baroness/Flint/Hawk], Star Wars[Han/Luke/Vader/Obi-Wan/Fett], He-Man[Skeletor/Evil-lyn/Duncan/], and Anime [mecha/action/fantasy] fan!! What a tomboy I am! :D :D :D

I haven't had toys bought since I was little and my parents won't buy me any... So, last year I started buying my own toys. I now collect a bunch of toys and comics [and merchandise], mostly Transformers, Star Wars, and GI JOE. My family thinks I'm nuts for almost being 20 and still watching cartoons. I don't care! This is what brings joy into my dull heck filled life, and I'm gonna stick with it!!

Drawing wise, I like to paint and colour. I do better when I see something then draw from it. I can draw from memory about 0.0009% of the time. And I may only say that because it's recognizable to be what it is. I have the BIGGEST problem training my mind to draw 3D, if I am not looking at something. In a sense that kind of work from me looks like Egyptian pyramid drawings. :p

That's about it. Sorry if it's too long, boring, and/or TMI. If anyone wants any more info on me don't be afraid to PM me!

17. Outlander00

Welcome Wing! A very nice, well thought out intro :)

Its a shame about Pratt, Wing (considering I am an alumnist)... If you ever want to talk about the place or anything, though, let me know because from what I have seen youd fit right in :)

Again, welcome :)

18. Rain Mikamura

Rain Mikamura Member

Hello. I'm a G Gundam fan, particularly of Rain Mikamura (hence, my name). I've been drawing since I could hold a crayon, and I love it. Lately, I've been experimenting on the computer, using MS Paint and Microsoft Photo Editor for my pictures. I've just started to make wallpapers, and I've made quite a few animated GIFs. I usually stick to sketches and doodles, but if I really like how a picture came out, I'll color it in with markers or color pencils. Well, I've never attended professional art school, I taught myself. Being the oldest, I had to. I don't care much for proportions in a picture, I care about it looking nice. I suppose this is the end of my first post, hope ya'll have a good day now! ;)

19. Outlander00

I noticed that you were a major G Gundam fan, Rain :p

Welcome to the DB! :)

20. Rover_Wow

Rover_Wow Active Member

New here...

I've been a good member of the Road Rovers fandom for about 6 years, and I have done quite a few drawings of various characters from the show, as well as other animated series. If you want to check out my drawings, click here: http://members.tripod.com/~Rover_Wow/download.htm and tell me what you think.