1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

Introduce Yourself To The Drawing Board!

Discussion in 'The Drawing Board' started by James, Apr 2, 2003.

1. Mysteryinfoman

Mysteryinfoman Sada Pop

I am Mim for short , I am an animation fan and comic book fan too. I post at TZ. I graduated 8 years ago. I studied Art and design.
    I was a comic book artist/writer for sometime. I sometimes do little animation things for myself and friends. I have written in some projects, nothing big like X-men etc . I worked on a not so well known action comic. I have mostly worked on small comics strips or animation projects here and their. I have had many inspirations like people like Craig from PPG or Matt G. Today I do something different but I still draw for fun and I still do comic strips sometimes.
    I never posted on the drawing board well cause maybe shyness etc. It does sound like a cool board so I am going to hang here sometimes.

I know this thread is like 2 weeks old but just wanted to intoduce myself to the drawing board. That is all :)

#81 Mysteryinfoman, Jun 25, 2003
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 29, 2003
  2. Outlander00

Outlander00 Another Stand Alone Complex

Its not that its old... Its just that there hasnt been anyone new for a couple weeks :D

Welcome to the DB, Mim! Participate and/or take advantage what there is to offer :)

3. James

James Administrator
    Staff Member Moderator

As Outy said, the threads ongoing! Welcome and don't be shy! :)

4. Batlhasar

Batlhasar Member

Hello all. I guess my introduction here has been a bit overdue. I'm been posting here for a couple of weeks now and now finally doing an intro.

Well my nick here is Epyon. (Gundam) I usually come here for information about Toonami and AS sceduals and stuff but I have recently been doing more. :) My real name is Duong Tran and I am 16 years old turning 17 in 3 months from time of this post. Some of you may Know that from the signature on my few pics that I have posted here. As you all have probably figured out by now, I'm more of the anime type than the cartoon type which many people around here seem to be. :) Well I appreciated all art and artist's in this world where they are so few. I love doing artwork in pencil but recently have begun shading with the computer instead.

And remember Don't Drink and Draw :D :D :D

5. James

James Administrator
    Staff Member Moderator

Welcome! Seen your posts - great stuff. Nice to see an intro on yourself! A post welcome to the board!

6. Bubblegum Girl

Bubblegum Girl Magic User Wannabe

Hi there. My name is Bubblegum Girl and I'm an artist. I love drawing cartoons and hope to be an animator/comic book illustrator. I've just posted some artwork at the workshops and I am waiting for replies and comments. :D

7. Outlander00

Welcome to the Drawing Board, BG :)

Please feel free to take advantage of the many activities as well as the Workshops... :)

yes I commented on your work already :D

8. Alex Toon

Alex Toon Tails wishes a happy 15th!

The name's Toon. Alextoon. Well, anyway, I always wanted to post on Toonzone when I was younger,but I was too young and I had no e-mail address. Anyway, I like drawing, 1990s old movies, Homestar Runner,manga, anime,Shonen Jump, classic tv, sports,and old music, I have no crushes yet, nor would I want any. So that's all I currently wrote.

#88 Alex Toon, Jul 15, 2003
    Last edited by a moderator: May 1, 2004
  9. Outlander00

ACK! 1990's movies are considered old already? *pouts*

Anyway, Welcome to the Drawing Board, AlexToon! I hope you enjoy what we do around here and take part in the activities both here and the Workshops. :)

10. Outlander00

Just a heads up everyone for your favorite Alien...

A new workshop in the... erm... Workshops! Check it out, as it covers Color Applications and Techniques.

Also, a new activity is posted in the workshops as well, covering more on the topic of music as we are doing CD Covers this time around.

That is all :D

11. Col Moriarty

Col Moriarty Guest

Hey guys,

I just joined the other day, so I could enter in the cover art contest and keep track of other contests. I'm not really a big fan of the new animated style, but I got a pretty good idea for a cover. But, I guess the truth is I get really bored sometimes and need something to do.

Your pal,
    Col Moriarty

P.S. I am a big fan of these Mooninite emoticons :moon: :moon2:

12. Alex Toon

Alex Toon Tails wishes a happy 15th!

I meant movies of the last century. And classic 1990 movies, like Forrest Gump,

13. comixboy

comixboy Artist

Hey everyone I actually joined this forum a while ago. I like coming back to The Drawing Board cause theres always an encouraging thing said about ones art and theres never super harsh criticism, thanx everyone for being kind and ill continue to post my stuff here.

14. Outlander00

I know I can say that we all appreciate you, comixboy, and the other guys and gals come here and post your work. We encourage you guys to keep posting your work... Its all about the LUV babY! :D

hehehehe Welcome, Col Moriarty. :)

I hope you enjoy entering the DKA cover contest... our fear[STRIKE]full[/STRIKE]less leader, SJJ, Flash, and the rest of the DKA staff enjoy bringing it to you guys.

I know, I kind of figured :D

15. Tallaid

Tallaid Deep in intergalactic battle

'lo there, obviously i'm new here, I've been hanging arund toonzone for quite some time now, though i never registered. I'll be spending lot's of time around here so hope to see ya'll around.

16. Sublime420

Sublime420 Member

I tried to read the whole thread, but only got about half way through the first page. Oh, well...

I started with 3d studio max, learned a great deal of that, but ran into a brick wall without knowing photoshop. While working with photoshop and ran across some drawing tutorials and found that even though I don't have a god given drawing talent I might be able to teach myself.
    So I bought a bunch of books, one isn't enough, do to my short attention span, and have been sorta learnin drawing. "Key word sorta"

Anywho, came here, and I think that some of them monthly contests you got here might get me to pick up one of those pencil things. But I can't garantee anything, my short attention span is a worthy opponent to the best of medications.
    Yes, sexelant.

So there I am in a nut shell.
    Trapped...
    Can't BREATH!!!
    Get me out of this nutshell, DAMMIT!!!

Sorry :D

17. Outlander00

Ah yes... I seem to have found my next [STRIKE]victim[/STRIKE] protege :D

Anyway... Welsome to the DB, Sublime! Hopefully we can help inspire enough. We have a few tutorials set up in the Workshops already with more coming. Relax, enjoy your stay, and if you need anything please let us know. :)

18. O-Z

O-Z New Member

Aaaah! I didn't saw this thread and I posted a new one instead.
    Anyway, harm's already done, so...
    My name is O-Z, I am a comic strip cartoonist and I'm really happy to find a forum dedicated to my personal interest; Cartoons.
    Now....about my comic strip, Yenny. I used to publish this strip online, and I'm trying to enter the mainstream world with it.
    She was originally addressed as "Yenny the ticklish girl" , (obviously because she's ticklish and cuter than Elmo, of course), but I guess that's a long title.
    Anyway, here are a couple of strips for you to see:

Thanks!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

19. James

James Administrator
    Staff Member Moderator

Go away for 2 weeks and look what happens - a whole host of new people!!

In fact most of the mods have been a way of late, hence a little lull. Poor Outlander has been doing it all himself. *pat and boot*

Anyway...

O-Z - Nice cartoon! Look forward to seeing your work and I hope you can help give some advice in the workshops to budding artists! I'm sure they'd like to know some of your techniques!

Sublime420 - Look forward to seeing you taking part in some of the contests/collaborations we'll be doing! Great to get some new blood (heh heh - *hides knife*)

Col Moriarty - LOL. Not a fan of the new animated style? Lol. Well I'm glad so, as it will bring more variation to the board!! I look forward to seeing your entry!

Bubblegum Girl - I've been away for a bit, so I've not caught your work yet - look forward to giving it the eye! :)

Tallaid - Glad you registered! Now lets see some action! :D

Comixboy - Cool - you like the Drawing Board! I think it is a nice community and I agree no one is harsh. Constructive if asked, but part of building your artskills is confidence, and that as a group is what we'd like to inspire.

20. Outlander00

Yeah, lets talk raise here... I felt a little like Davey Crocket in the Alamo for a while there :p

O - Z - Welcome! As SJJ said, the strip looks very cool so far. Perhaps youd like to contribute a little over at the Workshop? hmmm? yes?? *nudge, nudge :D*

Seriously, Welcome to the DB, O - Z... I hope you enjoy your stay! Hope to see more of your work :)