1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

Introduce Yourself To The Drawing Board!

Discussion in 'The Drawing Board' started by James, Apr 2, 2003.

1. Kat Pryde

Kat Pryde Free Falling

Hullo!

I don't attend in art classes, still raising money and pushing my parents to get me a scanner, I'm very bad with charcoal (ha! atleast i'm not the only one!), I don't really trust myself with colored pencils, and my name has nothing to do with 'cats' that go "meow". K? =-_-=

I actually do have alot of untouched doodles that i think looks good burried somewhere in my closet shelf.. bUut can't be shown here in anyway, cuz, yeah, no scanner! MuaHahhaahhahahcoughHaaha!! Yeah, those that u saw from me are done by my mouse.. heehee. I don't know if I'll be showing much of my stuff around this season, maybe.

I like to watch various types of anime, comedy and action sitcoms, everything Batman, Power Rangers (the older one) and more anime. Not much of a comic reader but I do own a few of Nightwing, and planning to buy the killing joke and Knight fall. Manga.. well, let's just say i subscribe SJ and just borrow every manga I see, I'm too lazy to buy my own. :rolleyes:

Not the best summary of my artlife but atleast u know something about me. Kinda.

-^.^-

2. Outlander00

Outlander00 Another Stand Alone Complex

I can atest to that! :D

btw, people... As an announcement... The Workshop forum should be restarted on Sunday with a new workshop, an assignment thread, and technical and reference threads for all your art needs... :)

Everyone is welcome to participate because it is for you guys more than anyone... :)

3. Ikwig

Ikwig is wishing. . .

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D

(Except, I'll be away and unable to get on-line from Sunday through Thursday - sigh. . .:()

Oh, well, I'll be happy to see (and participate in) all the new stuff when I return!!!!

And everybody, please send me lots and lots of good thoughts, as tomorrow I'm in a May Day show that could use a lot of help! I'm doing six dances (including 2 May Pole dances which I choreographed), plus I have to play a PRIEST :eek: in the mummer's play (they wanted somebody small to contrast with the dragon, and the four guys in the show were all too tall). I sure hope I can remember all those lines! :p

4. Outlander00

Its okay, Ikwig... It'll still be there when you get back... unless a cataclysmic event occurs :p

Good luck in your play and dances! *hugs* And have fun! :)

5. queenofhearts77

hi

hi my screen name is queenofhearts77. you can call me claire. i'm not the real vocal type.(understatement) i keep my opinions to my self most of the time but that's just me. i love cowboy bebop, trigun, inu yasha, and yu yu hakisho(i hope i spelled that wright). i spend my time reading or drawing or talking to my friends or on the internet. unfourtunatly my scaner isn't working/hasnt been working/not expecting it to work any time soon. so i can't put my drawings on the internet.i enjoy ,however, looking at everyone elses. i love the drawings i see and want to see more. i haven't put any comments down in this bord before. sorry. uhhhh yeah that's pretty much it.

6. Outlander00

Welcome to the DB, queen. Enjoy your stay and enjoy some the art that passes along here :)

7. James

James Administrator
    Staff Member Moderator

Hi Claire! Welcome to the group! Enjoy your stay and any bribes can be placed in my back left pocket! Thank you!

Nice to see new faces in print! :)

8. TriSaber

TriSaber Member

Welcome to the fold, Claire. We encourage you to be more vocal regarding your opinions on the artwork of others. I promise ... we won't bite ...

... much. :p

9. Warnergirls

Warnergirls The toon world's protector!

Hi

My names cassie, im mostly known as Warnergirls around most parts though. Im 16 years old, but i am studying some college already. I plan to a actress/writer when i get older. But i do like to draw (even though im not good at it) :\ My favorite show is Animaniacs, and i do write fanfiction on it. But I also plan to start new stories of my own. Anyways, thats mostly me. nice to meet ya all!
    :yakko: :wakko: :dot:

10. Outlander00

Welcome Cassie! Enjoy the place and take advantage of the Workshops if you need help with your drawing talent :)

11. James

James Administrator
    Staff Member Moderator

It would be great if you could pick out particular favourites and post them in threads so we can see what you like and why.. people are more likely to check threads out than links - in my experience! :p

"I'm Toby and I draw things.." *chuckle*

12. Ikwig

Ikwig is wishing. . .

Will you take cookies??? I have lots of cookies! :p (Of course, you'd better notice that they're in your pocket before you sit down!;))

And howdy-do to queenofhearts77, Warnergirls and Idioteque! :)

13. Rune

Rune off(world) model

Okay, I'm away for 2 weeks so I'm feeling brave (which translates to I won't be here when you laugh, :D) Anyway, I've been lurking in and out on this forum for ages and love looking at all the artwork, there's just so much fantastic talent about its really uplifting and everyone is so positive and encouraging, I wish there had been something like this when I was younger but at least I can still enjoy it now.

So, although I love drawing I don't get to do an awful lot what with kids and what have you, also I'm not exactly capable. I do comic strips for my kids and I do a few of my favourite characters and so on but I can't draw people so that they look real, they always look like cartoons / caricatures, same with everything else be it animals, birds, trees etc. I can't draw backgrounds, I hate drawing backgrounds as soon as I start I get wound up and then terminally bored. I think I'm a hopeless case with this so I've given up trying to correct it, I'm just too set in my ways.

Anyway, the point of this was to say that I want to try and be a little more active in this forum (fingers crossed) once I return in June so at risk of curling up with embarrassment here are 2 of my Gadget pics that were made for another message board, this one is where I took my av from and this one ... well, just don't ask me about it. (I'm hoping this current affliction will run its course eventually) :D

Over n out n see you in June ~ Rune

14. Ikwig

Ikwig is wishing. . .

Welcome, Rune! Okay, I will admit, I did laugh! :p But it wasn't my fault - those two pics were hilarious (especially the second one:D)!!! You've done some great cartoon-styled art and that's something to be proud of! I can't wait to see more of your stuff when you get back "in town"! :)

15. simpspin

simpspin Active Member

Hello.

Hi, my screen name's "Simpspin", but please call me Jake.

I've only been drawing for about four years and what got me started, and still keeps me going, is I'm drawing for my site: http://maggieanderic.com . Currently I'm doing a 90+ page Fan Comic, which is the first one I've ever done, and hope to have the next section up by August. As for my art skills/experience...well, I really never drew as kid and took the basic art class in high school, which I nearly failed, so I didn't do much artwise for a while, then I started drawing for my site in '99 and have a fun time ever since.

Jake

16. James

James Administrator
    Staff Member Moderator

Good to hear - fancomics are a great way to get the work 'fun' out of 'art' *desperately tries to prove his point by rearranging the letters before consigning them and the idea to the bin*. Welcome.

Nice to see Rune pop by this way and come out of the proverbial Drawing Board closet!

And yes cookies are a substitute - but I'd rather take people's wallets.

17. Outlander00

Welcome to the madhouse known as the Drawing Board Toby, Jake, and Rune! Nice to seemore people popping in now!

More experiments for my scienctific research! :D

Whoops, did I say that? :)

18. Viper

Viper I'll Never Forget You Two!

Hi, everyone.

My name's Erik, but I go by the name Viper here in the forums. I also like to draw in my spare time mainly of some of my favorite characters, even though I've only done 2 drawings.

Hopefully, I'd like to start doing some more drawings, although they'll be my own remakes of drawings. I can't really do originals too well.

Anyway, I'm glad to be a part of these forums and now that summer is starting, it'll give me something to do.

BTW, my favorite artwork is swimsuit pics of some of my fave female characters, cartoons and comics. Maybe I'll do a couple this summer.

19. Outlander00

Welcome to the DB, Viper! I am sure you'll fit in around here and hope that you'll post stuff :)

20. Outlander00

Well, to give you guys who dont visit the Workshops... I'm running a new one specificallt for the Sequential arts! It might be fun, considering theres a great excercise to try out (doing a comic page). If anyones interested, stop by and have a gander!

That is all :D