1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

Introduce Yourself To The Drawing Board!

Discussion in 'The Drawing Board' started by James, Apr 2, 2003.

1. Salvor

Salvor You can't take a picture of it

Since when do you get to introduce other people?!! :eek:

By the way, the only thing that's true above is the hot chick part. Just saw a picture of her: yummy! :p

2. kiddiesunshine

kiddiesunshine Active Member

Hi, everyone. I'm Kiddiesunshine and I'm an alco---er, um I'm a aspiring artist. I make the soon to be famous comic series Bonnie & Clyde. I'm not going to school or anything right now, but when I go back, I'll make it a point to work on my art career. Genndy Tartakovsky, you're going down, buddy!
    I don't have a scanner yet, so I have to rely on image hosting to get my mouse-drawn works out there. That's it.

3. Outlander00

Outlander00 Another Stand Alone Complex

Ahhh cool! Looking forward to see more... Welcome kiddiesunshine! :)

4. The Detective

The Detective Active Member

Hi I'm The DarkKnight or just simply "DK". I've only posted two drawings but I've meant to ger more up I promise!

5. JLU Dude

JLU Dude Active Member

I'm Justice League Dude. I do a lot of sketching and before now, I've just been dwelling and looking, now since I've got a scanner, I plan to show off my sketches (Most in Manga style). Most so far are model sheet types thing, though I've done some action stuff and plan to do more. I hope to one day become and comic book writer and artist. My real name first and last initials are C.P.. Thought I'd say hi before posting some sketches up.

6. DaphHime

DaphHime *grin*

I'm known as DaphHime on this board. I'm a 15-year-old high school sophomore and an aspireing animatior/cartoonst. I mostly do anime inspired art, but am willing to look into other styles. I love all forms of art. Painting, drawing, grapic art, you name it. I'm a huge fan (can't you tell? :D ) of the anime Excel Saga and my current infulnce is the creator himself, Koshi Rikudo (forgive me if I spelled his name wrong. :p )

I'm in an animation class in high school (possably one of the few schools in the midwest to have an animation class), and have done a few animated shorts. I'm working on my third short that might carry on into next year. I'm also working on an original comic inspired by my life in high school. Well not really my life, more like the weird people in it. :p

To see my art (mostly fan art), there is a link in my sig. I also have a link to my fan fiction if you're intrested. Though I haven't written anything new in a long time.

7. Outlander00

*whacks DK* You better :p

Welcome to the DB Justice League Dude and DapHime! Enjoy your stay! :)

8. sockhead

sockhead slothcommander

I'm sockhead. Hi. I just recently figured out how to post my drawings on-line so you should hopefully be seeing more of me.

9. Magwheel

Magwheel boxed cat

Hi. I'm Magwheel, as you can see (unless I've changed my name, which I doubt...), aka Mags, or any close variety of that. And here I am getting off the wagon, I mean, on the wagon... nevermind that.

On to the intro: I'm one of those... people, who draws. Stuff. On a semi-regular basis. I've always stuck mainly to pencil/pencil crayon for sketches and drawings. And I'm infamous at business meetings and other places for my seriously whack doodles (pen/pencil/burnt wood/whatever). I have done some acrylic painting, which didn't go too well, and over the last 5 years or so I've been playing around with Paint, PhotoPaint, PhotoShop, and Dream3D. Two years ago I got a Wacon Graphire1, which is nice, because of the pressure-sensitivity & pencil shape. Makes detail way fun to do :D Oh, and I'm obsessed with realism/surrealism. Other styles I try, but I keep wanting to perfect/skew the details, so... I need more practice there. :p

I've so far posted once in the drawing board, which is my first "serious" computer-art project, and the first time I've really tried to color someone else's work, too. Dig it!. I should have one or more soon... I would participate in the DB Contests, and perhaps I will, but at the moment I have no scanner, and I've been bigly into experimenting with pencil crayons lately, so... maybe some day! Though I do like the movie theme idea for May :D

So, that's that for that. Cheers, y'all!

here's an EDIT: I've been told that, in effect, my messages are ... let us say, hard to decipher, even more so than in real life. So, be careful. :)

10. Good Ol' Batmanuel!

Good Ol' Batmanuel! Dressing for success?

I can tell by that stunning avatar! ;)
    Yes, hoafingly so. (I'm joshing) Thanks for the warning.

11. Magwheel

Magwheel boxed cat

HeeHEEheeheeheehee. That avatar is more stunned than stunning, but yeah, like I say, that's what you get when you cross MSPaint and VB6. And COBOL. And college instructors. With me.

See, that's the thing - it's not really true, but now that you've been warned, you won't be able to read my posts from a non-biased mind-set, as shall be noted from my henceforth progressing posts which shall proceed in the future, time/circumstances-permiting. I mean, for all I know it's already affecting you, you being the person to whom you are reading this, if applicable, and certainly, for without this clause we woulk ALL be lost: you who am reading, to the degree that you cannot follow this very paragraph. Which is already way too long. I'll step out now.

So, without further ado, I do request that I continue to keep posting, with the artwork and the glaven and the hey hey it hurts me. Thanks, Magwheel. Back to you.

All right then. Now that that sillyness is done and done, I think I can mention something that is actually on-topic, and perhaps interesting the da peoples. Uh... I'm from the same country as the Group of Seven, and in fact once used a Al J. Casson image as a reference. Perhaps one day I'll post it, if I think anyone is interested. So, yeah. That's interesting. And on-topic! Two participation points for me. :rolleyes: ;)

12. James

James Administrator
    Staff Member Moderator

*gives a firm handshake* Welcome! :) More people - excellent!

13. Outlander00

Ahhh yes... fresh victims... I MEAN, more artists!!

Welcome guys! Enjoy your stay :)

14. James

James Administrator
    Staff Member Moderator

A question was raised as how long will this thread stay open - indefinately. These new faces are precisely the reason why. We are open to all, and this thread just gives people that place to say hi, have a coffee (you have to supply your own coffee) and.. well, be noticed.

For the regulars, it's nice to get a gist of the the new artists before they sample their work.

I see no reason why this can't be quite an open thread. I know we discussed having a special art chat thread.. I'm still not sure whether we should just use this one or create another thread...

There is always that concern about clogging up the board...

As this is a more casual thread, I'll just use it to apologise for not commenting on as many art threads as I would like.. I feel bad for not doing so as we should all do our best to support each other - but I've just been very busy.. :) Hopefully I'll get everything clear in the next few weeks!

15. Magwheel

Magwheel boxed cat

Woo! A firm handshake! *accepts, and at the same time returns (strange language, this) SJJ's handshake* Ha, now you have graphite on your hand! :D (actually, you don't - I haven't drawn with a pencil yet today.)

Coffee?! Eeewwwww! I'm leaving... :rolleyes:

I'll be back when I find some decent tea. ;) Unless that's supplied... and what about Social Tea crackers? I can provide those, mmm boy!

Ok, back to work - as a professional *logic artist* ;)

16. Ikwig

Ikwig is wishing. . .

Well, at the moment I'm drinking soba tea, altho' if it was morning it would likely be Lapsang Souchong or Irish Breakfast. Any of those grab you as "decent"? :p And thank you, I'd love a Social Tea cracker!:D

And thanks, SJJ, for keeping this thread open - I'm loving meeting all of these new people! :)

17. James

James Administrator
    Staff Member Moderator

My pleasure. Being British I know the importance of a nice good, hot cups of tea... but again - bring your own! *cuddles teabag*

18. Magwheel

Magwheel boxed cat

the kettle's on the boil I'm so easy drawn away

Pff! Show-off! I only have Orange Mandarin Spice... and that's in the kitchen, in the cupboard. Not to be prepared now...

BTW, I shoulda called them Social Tea Biscuits. Oh well, they taste good either way.

Thanks for the welcomes, and I'll see what I can do about earning my stay - if only by taking advantage of the great work by the artists here, as examples;) ... And offering some Social Teas as necessary, if I join a contest. ;)

19. skite

skite i was saying boourns

im back on this board i use to be here a lot then my scanner broke so thats why i havent been posting some of my new pics but im back and i hope to learn to get better at drawing (im only 13):D

20. James

James Administrator
    Staff Member Moderator

Sounds good Eds! I recommend a regular dose of the Workshop to help improve - things are beginning to take shape there!