Introduce Yourself To The Drawing Board!

Discussion in 'The Drawing Board' started by James, Apr 2, 2003.

1. Youko-MJ

Youko-MJ That one girl...you know...HER

Oh no, not another one... (I'mma n00b, fear me)

Heh, well, I guess this is as good a time as ever...

Hello! My name's... well, you can read my name. But you may call me Fox, Foxxy or just Youko if you like. I also go by the screen name Dfoxss1, or DarkFoxSS1 (where the Fox/Foxxy nickname comes from. XD; ) so you may or may not have seen me on a few other sites before.

I am... Uh... Well, I draw, and I hope to learn to paint. I would like to take up one of many careers as an artist, but what I'm mainly going for is illustrator or animator. I'd like to learn more about page layouts for comics/manga, so I'll be looking around for things that may help me with that...

Uhh... :eek: Don't expect me to post too often. (I was real excited when I first heard about Toon Forums, but now that I've gotten a good look around, I'm not sure if I'd be as willing to post. Trying to NOT look foolish on my first few days posting here. :sweat: Rather surprising from me, really...)

I'm a ready and willing student, and am ALWAYS looking for constructive comments on how I can improve upon my work. My current art-style-interest is the painted look people have done with their works on sites like DeviantArt and such places. Although, recently, I've been having trouble finishing works by myself. (EX: I can start the line art, but can't color it, or viceversa.)

Well, art wise, I guess that's about it... I write a bit, just for the hell of it and have recently taken interest in acting, but other than that, I'm rather... Dull...

UGH! I hope this shyness wears off soon!:(

Also, I've been known to post rediculously long introduction posts on just about any forum site I join. Some have found these posts funny, most find them rather annoying...

Heheheh!:sweat: ... :shrug:

SO! ... Ehhh... I should probably stop before my keyboard happy fingers get the better of me.

Please be patient with me!! And-and-and try not to be too annoyed if I act like a hyper idiot. That's... that's just a very happy me. ^^;;

- Youko-MJ @~`~~~

P.S.: If I make weird smilies... try to look past that... please? :3

2. El Dahveed

El Dahveed Bite the DVD's shiny metal...

Hello, everyone! Well, I'm new to the forums as a member, but I have been watching them for quite a while now. Anyways, I feel excited to get to know many of the members here. As for my plans, I am currently in the process of constructing a website with a friend of mine where we can showcase our animations. I also plan on contributing to the Draw Your Own! topics, assuming they are still continuing. So, once again, hello to all, and I hope that I can become a frequent contributer to the many topics that are sure to come.

3. j3tt

j3tt New Member

hey everybody, I'm Jett Bailes. I've been posting alot in the PencilJack forums and I've decided to branch out and share my artwork with this one too. I'm 26, I live in West Virginia, I'm an aspiring freelance comic artist looking for work. I'm illustrating a story right now about a penguin and pat sajak, which I will post.

I love superhero comics, I don't have a favorite, I love all the characters and I love drawing anatomy, expressions, and action in a very animated style that I am honing. I guess that's about it.

4. warnerbro7

warnerbro7 pretty cute huh?

hello my fellow artist im breonte williams
    I am a bit of an artist and somewhat of a writer, I have my own cartoon with my own charecters that im currently creating :D

im not really good at rawing like you guys in anatomy ( man youre good) but im petty good in drawing cartoon charecters and things of that sort ,
    ill post pictures later ,

besides that im in high school and i LOVE nachos ;)

5. LDEJRuff

LDEJRuff Wish-making dog lover

Well, seeing is how this is an intro thread, let me start off by saying hello.

LDEJRuff is in the house. Before you ask what my name means, I have a few things to say about it. The "LDE" part of my username is the initials for "LosDosEduardos", the username I used before I was banned from this website's forums. The "J" is the initial of my first real name. "Ruff" indicates that I'm a fan of the Rowdyruff Boys.

6. enigmawing

enigmawing Shape Shifter

Hi! Enigmawing here. As my name implies, I'm mysterious and flighty. Or maybe it's that I'm both dark and light. Or that I like weird 90's music and . . . aircraft?

Ok, ignore that. Just know that I like to draw and stuff.

[​IMG]

That's me on the right. ;) More can be found on my dA page.

Looks like it will be fun to hang out here. :anime:

7. pirpintine

pirpintine Member

wow youre awesome enigmawing!

As for me, ive been drawing since forever, i drew anime for a span of years then went back to my toony roots in 2006, my my styles a bit sporadic, but im getting there :D
    i mainly draw my OCs, who i have maaaany of; but i enjoy draiwng fanart of things i like in my style (as can be seen in my art thread on here and my DA page)
    Though i'm an art student im actually self taught in what i draw myself, as... art education is just.... well. my college isnt the best, lets put it that way.
    though i guess its a bit ironic i actually work there, too. as a teaching assistant. :eek: haha.

and now for a art.

this image is where my avatar came from, its my persona in 1930s-esque style

[​IMG]

8. JeagerEX

JeagerEX New Member

Hi!!

I'm a new here.

My name is JeagerEX and I love to draw some awesome artworks.

[​IMG]
    Cyber Guy's new pose

#548 JeagerEX, Jun 20, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 18, 2010
  9. Temple Fugate

Temple Fugate Active Member

Welcome to the DB, JeagerEX. Cyber Guy looks like he's going to have some fun.

10. Stickyman

Stickyman New Member

Hello from Stickyman

Hi. My name is Bevan. I really like to make people laugh. I love making cartoons as well.

I have about 12 cartoons on my table over the last 10 years of writing and have finally got one show in pilot form and almost done. It's called Stickyman - Superhero for hire.

The humor of my shows are like that of Family Guy and The Simpsons.

If you do have time to see any or my work, please let me know what you think about it. I realize my humor is not for everyone but I hope I can give a laugh or two,,,,,million.

Thanks for having me here and good luck to everyone out there.

Bevan Merriman
    "Stickyman"

11. cjosh

cjosh New Member

Lazy guy who likes art

Hello, I'm Josh. I'm still in school and I'm really interested in the arts, especially animation. I'm here because if I'm going to continue wasting time on the internet, I should be on a site that can inspire/motivate me to keep drawing and participate in drawing discussions rather than wikipediaing random things and abusing Google. That, and I'm genuinely interested in this place (I like cartoons), and I will share something as soon as I actualy make something.

12. New here

Hello, I'm new here. Just joined a few minutes ago. I'm a self taught artist. I love art and find it very relaxing. I can escape into my own world and be as creative as I want. My inspiration comes from Tim Burton. I love his work, his characters are beautiful. With some good music, anything is possible when it comes to my artwork. I just finished illustrating a childrens book called, "The Present Monster". Which will be out this coming Christmas. That was my first time illustrating.

I started out painting murals in many homes. And now that I live on the East Coast, I have been able to really focus on my artwork. And hope to illustrate more books.

13. something new

Hi
    I see a lot of talent here
    I'm trying out something new. I have started a new blog http://round-d-block.blogspot.com/ hope you like it. I plan to make 4 updates per week. Please comment if you like.
    Thanks

14. Good Ol' Batmanuel!

Good Ol' Batmanuel! Dressing for success?

Hi, it's still me. Remember when the Drawing Board used to be a bustling beehive of activity? I do... :sad:

15. Scum

Scum New Member

new here, looking to improve my drawings, maybe go into other areas.
    I'm open to any requests, collabs, etc...helps me a lot.

16. Jiya

Jiya Member

17. ToonFaithful

ToonFaithful The One Who Knocksā„¢

Hi, you may know me as ToonamiFaithful but I have come here atlast to create fan noods. You'll be seeing me in there and yes I'm having some trouble there aswell. So far I've done Disney XD and WWE noods. Wish me luck!

18. Outlander00

Outlander00 Another Stand Alone Complex

Well, I figured Id pop my head back in here eventually.

Hello all! I'm sure the old timers remember me... but for those who don't... Hello, I'm Jon. I am an artist, currently living in Montreal.

Hopefully Ill be posting more fan stuff in here eventually (not to mention my portfolio site when its finished), but in the mean time I will be making comments where I can. :)

19. Herman

Herman New Member

Porkinhand Sausage Co.

Hey all.
    I'm Jim..I'm real old. And was watchin and drawin cartoons in the 1950s.
    Loved MAD and all the underground comics.
    Big Daddy Ed Roth as my hero.
    Then I grew up, got a job, and got married.
    Got a devorce. Sold everything and bought a Motorhome. Built a airbrush joint and went on the road for a few years. ( Made enough for food, gas, and beer.) Alas had to go back to work.
    That was 20 years ago.
    Havent drawn for fun except with my grandson since.
    But I have a quest. As you will see in my future post.

By the way. You guys seem to have the art alive and well.
    Some great stuff on here.

20. LOLSnuffles

LOLSnuffles New Member

Heeeyy~

Just joined the ToonZone forums, and I noticed this board! :D

I'm Sarah (or Snuffles) and I've been drawing since I was around 4-5 years old (probably younger). I can sit in my room for hours on end just drawing drawing DRAWING! I mostly draw cartoons, but I want to learn how to draw life-like pictures.

If you're interested in my art, you can click the link below in my signature. There's not much stuff up there yet, 'cause I'm too lazy to upload it all. :sweat:

I also plan to get a Bachelor's Degree in Animation, once I find the right college to attend so I can get that degree.

Hopefully I will post some more stuff here in the future! :)