1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

Introduce Yourself To The Drawing Board!

Discussion in 'The Drawing Board' started by James, Apr 2, 2003.

1. James

James Administrator
    Staff Member Moderator

Nice picture (Diana from D&D?) and welcome to the board!

Hope you can offer some of your experience to those in need of a helping hand while you're here!

2. Zentron

Zentron Member

Thanks for the welcome. (yes, Diana from D&Dc)

Doing so right now ;)

3. Stu

Stu Marvel Animation Age Webmaster
    Staff Member Administrator

You're doing a fine job, too.

Any chance we can see some more of your own work? :)

4. Zentron

Zentron Member

Sure will do, I am preparing to show some of my old/ish work, along with my newer work laterz on, including my comics. One I'm sure a few around here will reconise :D (or both of them)

5. Envy

Envy "....."

That's strange...I could have sworn I started a thread with my art here about a year ago, but I can't seem to find it. Hmm... Do inactive threads get deleted over time?

6. Temple Fugate

Temple Fugate Active Member

Threads don't get deleted for inactivity. You can search your own thread creation history by going to your profile page and clicking "Find All Threads Started by Envy."

P.S., Freaky stuff. Neat.

7. Black Spot

Black Spot Member

Hi guys! I’m known as Black Spot all over the net. I’m 47 and have been drawing forever.

I’ve recently started doing animation and am currently working on a pop video of a song my husband co-wrote nearly 30 years ago; he had a minor hit in 79, but I unfortunately only met him post fame and money. As we have a mortgage and three kids, I’m doing everything on a tight budget, and in my spare time.

I have an awful lot to learn about animation and am learning on the job so to speak; sometimes having to go back and redo bits as I improve. I’m using Serif Drawplus 8 and draw mainly with my mouse even though I have a teeny-weeny Wacom sitting on my desk.

Looking forward to getting some feedback and critical advice.

8. James

James Administrator
    Staff Member Moderator

Welcome to the tiny Wacom brigade fellow Brit. Look forward to seeing your work!

9. Good Ol' Batmanuel!

Good Ol' Batmanuel! Dressing for success?

That has bugged me for a long time. I mean, we can only see the last 3 pages here, but in other sections, you can see the last 40 million! (or so) I know old threads aren't "gone," but if they're not that old, you can't see them if they're on the elusive page 4 or more.

Oh well. I'm not crying.

10. -Om-

-Om- Guest

Noob here.

Before wading in, a quick etiquette question:

I developed a single-panel 'toon concept a while back, which needed an illustrator given I'm, shall we say, artistically challenged. Thought I'd found one, and we got as far as putting together a portfolio to start shopping around before he ... well ... became unexpectedly unavailable for a period of five years. Interesting story there to perhaps share at some point.

Ended up shelving the project for a long time pursuing another interests, and am just now getting back to it. I'd like to share some crude-drawing samples here, in hopes of both getting some constructive feedback and the off-chance someone might see something in the work they might be interested in bringing their artistic skills to bear upon.

Would that be appropriate?

Okay, so it wasn't a "quick question." ;)

#530 -Om-, Mar 17, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 17, 2008
  11. Temple Fugate

Temple Fugate Active Member

Welcome to Toon Zone, -Om-.

There's a subforum called Artists Wanted where you can make a specific request for someone to help you with the project. Unfortunately that well is pretty dry and I doubt posting your samples here on this forum will do much better. Still it's worth a shot.

I would venture so far as to say you can show us the work that your original artist did as an example of what you're striving for. It depends on the kind of agreement you and he had at the time, but as you were the person to commission the work you have some intellectual ownership of the drawing even if you didn't draw it. It's up to you how much you want to show us, though.

12. Ok....

Heylo, peoples! I love to draw cartoons as well! :D I am doing an animated movie, by the way.

13. James

James Administrator
    Staff Member Moderator

Nice for you to drop by! Look forward to seeing your work!

14. Racattack!Force

Racattack!Force 私は、ああ、くそっバットマンなんだよ !

Hello, many of you should know me by now...unless you are new. My username, as you can see, is Tednut. I'm making an web cartoon series called "Tednut", which you can find out more about at the website. It wouldn't be shown until September though.

15. KPTitan

KPTitan The Doc is in...

Hi. I'm really into all kinds of art, and plan on making a career on it...hopefully.:sweat: My main interest is landscape painting, and I'm currently drawing my anime character for my upcoming fanfic.

16. Superman012

Superman012 Superman is my Hero

Hi I'm Julie and I like to draw basically all things Batman and Superman

I hope to become an professional artist or animator when I get out of High School and get he fields needed in collage.

17. mowub

mowub Active Member

I'm mowub (GSRobotCan)
    I'm currently in college, majoring in Graphic and Media Communications.
    I've been drawing seriously for about 4 years, but I still don't think I've quite mastered everything I need in order to become a professional cartoonist, such as anatomy or depth.
    I have a fantasy-inspired universe from which I have created comics from 3 POVs. My stuff mostly involves alien humanoids, anthros and fantasy creatures, living down-to-earth lives despite looking weird. My two main inspirations are Futurama and Invader Zim. I could use some help on developing memorable characters.
    http://gsrobotcan.deviantart.com
    [​IMG]

#537 mowub, Nov 17, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 17, 2008
  18. Loyal Fangs

Loyal Fangs ~Just Tired =P~

Nice to meet all newbies here!! :anime:

Let this one make an introduction...

My name is Juliana (19), I'm brazilian. At university, I'm studying Visual Arts (fourth semester). I like to make drawings in manga style (ha!! My teachers are pissed off with this!) and copper engraving. Uh, also I love to make some drawings... about insects!! Yay!!

Hmm, what more can I say...?

Oh, yeah, some ppl calls me 'hyper' because I'm almost all the time eating sugar and talking a lot (something like a 5 years old girl with a chocolate bar).

One more thing: I really don't know what to do with my diploma... I mean, in Visual Arts, there's so many things to discover... I'm getting lost! :sweat: For example: I never heard about engraving before, and now... I just LOVE it, even if it's pretty hard to do and, well, dangerous! :D

Ok,ok, I'll stop talking. I have a Deviantart, but I'm LAZY AS HELL to update it. You can take a look, anyway ^^ (I was posting my old drawings before I... erm... got lazy again xD)

http://seres-wyvern.deviantart.com

Damn, I said I would stop talking, but I was lying! Hah!

Let me post here some works I'll put in Deviantart... one day... maybe xD!

Copper Engraving:
    [​IMG]

Here I used some acid too...
    [​IMG]

Well, I came to this site because, about 2 weeks ago, a thing called 'nostalgia' grabbed my brain and now doesn't want to leave me alone xD!

And I found 2 ppl who seems to like what the nostalgia brought to me: A TV Show named "Mutant League".

Now I'll spend my time trying to do some art about that show. I just need to, don't know why >_>'.

So, I started with Razor Kid (my favourite? =P lol)...
    What I'm posting here is not the complete image or the final result. I just did a fast paint on him to use the image as a wallpaper for my cel xP!

[​IMG]

Sorry for all my english mistakes >_>'

[​IMG]Thanks for all who read this![​IMG]

19. DuncanxMikki

DuncanxMikki New Member

Hi. Name's Mikki. :D

I'm a Drawingcholic. :)

I have a gallery up. Soo...Check it out.

:D

[​IMG]

20. TsukikoUsagi

TsukikoUsagi -_Anime-Junkie_-

Ello, I am Nicole and new here. I am a Vide Game Design student and recently made a video game with a team. I will probably post some of the video game sprites I made (though not the best) and other things. See you on the forums. ^-^