1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

Introduce Yourself To The Drawing Board!

Discussion in 'The Drawing Board' started by James, Apr 2, 2003.

1. Butters

Butters Hakuna Matata!

Thanks James. xD

I will update it later with more brief description...

2. critter

critter oh my!

I've been lurking around this forum for a little bit now, and decided to join recently. I forgot to make post about me sooner..
    I like drawing for fun and for commissions, but I'll never consider it as a profession or anything more than a hobby.
    Recently I've been taking up commissions, which is a fun challenge, and I hope that with the money I earn from that, I can attend an art school over the summer.
    I really like this forum, because it's friendly and open to critique, unlike others. :)

I'll post some art... when I get around to it. xD;

3. Stu

Stu Marvel Animation Age Webmaster
    Staff Member Administrator

Welcome to Toon Zone and the Drawing Board, critter. Looking forward to seeing some of your pieces. :)

4. James

James Administrator
    Staff Member Moderator

Well that's the idea here. We're not here to make snobbish comments on how people should be drawing as if EVERYONE wants to be a professional artists, merely enjoy looking at what each of us is creating.

That's a good target if I've ever heard one!

That's the aim: to offer a community atmosphere rather than a "trial by fire" sort of approach most other drawing forums prefer!

5. Lazerboy5000

Lazerboy5000 Catch 'ya Later!

Hi everyone.
    I am fairly new to the drawing board, so please don’t get mad at me if I do something wrong.

I have recently discovered that I have some talent for drawing anime.
    It started with drawing Pokemon characters.
    Then my abstract thinking took over and I have just started (as of two days ago) creating fantasy manga of pokemon.

Here’s a picture of myself that I drew.
    [​IMG]

And I am letting my imagination run wild with my newly found creativity and talent.

Well, that’s all I have to say for now.

6. J. B. Warner

J. B. Warner Increasing my wordiness

Hi, I'm J. B. Warner (or jbwarner86, as I'm known on DeviantArt). You may or may not be familiar with my work. I've posted my stuff in here a few times before, but either it wasn't all that good or nobody cared because I can never get anybody to say anything about anything I draw. Not just here, either, but anywhere. And of the 125+ people who watch me on DeviantArt, only about five of them know enough to offer constructive criticism that goes beyond "cool" or "lol" or "nice stuff, hey come visit my gallery". Worse still, I get people who say "I know how you feel, I don't get much feedback either," and then they just leave without actually providing me with feedback. Or they come up with excuses for why they don't say anything and then just keep on doing what they were doing.

Look, basically, all I want is for people to look at my art and tell me what they like or don't like about it. How hard is that?

7. Temple Fugate

Temple Fugate Active Member

I feel the same way. Most of my own FRIENDS don't even leave substantial comments on my dA page.

I can tell you, though, that sometimes it's difficult leaving in-depth comments based on many silly factors. I'm guilty of it myself. Sometimes it's because I have nothing good to say about a work, and decide it's best not to say anything at all. Other times the work is just unremarkable and I feel no urge to comment about what could make it better because I just don't care about it. That's pretty lousy, but it's the truth.

8. J. B. Warner

J. B. Warner Increasing my wordiness

That seems to be the most popular consensus among my DA watchers, it seems. I've been trying for months to get decent feedback on my underwater-themed drawings, but when I recently asked why nobody says anything about them, pretty much everyone said "It just doesn't interest me". All they want is more Looney Tunes, more MST3K, and more of my BarbozaToons characters - and that's fine, but I have other interests.

9. Temple Fugate

Temple Fugate Active Member

You've got to ask yourself, are you drawing to make others happy, are you drawing to get feedback or are you drawing because you want to? I'm guessing it's the latter. People aren't always going to be interested in what you do. We've all had this kind of problem. The real challenge is to MAKE people interested in the stuff you like. Unfortunately I don't have that answer yet, either.

I like to imagine there's a silent group of people out there who do check out my stuff and like it, but are too shy to say anything. :sweat:

10. smartjunk

smartjunk just a dove

Hello,my name is smartjunk. I'm new here,but I have many talents of creating things-I've created a few pictures,concert art - very well made! And I've created lots of films. You can see them here:http://www.vbox7.com/byuser:draconis
    And here is a concert art of the Terminator from the first film of the threology,called "The Terminator".What do you say?
    [​IMG]

And here is a sugestin on this syper-ultra ED from Ed Edd n Eddy.I give you-Ed terminator model 101!
    [​IMG]
    A good idea for a movie of Ed Edd n Eddy - The EDerminator :anime: !
    What do you think?

11. James

James Administrator
    Staff Member Moderator

Welcome, you Terminator obsessed artist! Enjoy your time at the Drawing Board!

12. Lord Andy

Lord Andy Dino think's you're smelly

Hey drawing board. I draw, and I’m board, so it sounds perfect!

Despite how much I love drawing I don’t seem to post much of it. Heck, my deviantart page is pretty barren. Maybe this place can kick me till I draw some more. I’ve got a massive long running webcomic Phil Likes Tacos, about fast food and video game humor. I do it in a strange stick figure like art style. But to prove I can do better then that, I started a munch better looking comic 95 Gallons this year about fish.

Anyway, hope I can learn some stuff here and especially help other people. I even made cookies!*

*I didn't make cookies =(

#492 Lord Andy, May 24, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: May 24, 2007
  13. James

James Administrator
    Staff Member Moderator

Great stuff. Well on.. board (more puns). We have a jam running till the end of this month on Spider-Man if you want to jump right in, otherwise, hang out, post images, comment on others or throw any art topic/questions our way.

The more people post, the more interesting the community becomes!

14. BRAINofDOOM

BRAINofDOOM Not my Fault.

Hey.

I've been lurking around for a while, but now I've finally decided to post.

I'm definetly looking forward to the monthly DBJ's.

15. James

James Administrator
    Staff Member Moderator

Awesome news. The more DBJ regulars, the more fun they become. With Stu running that feature, I'm sure we'll be having many more DBJ to come!

16. Stu

Stu Marvel Animation Age Webmaster
    Staff Member Administrator

Next month, Stu appreciation Jam! Email all tributes to me at the usual address!

17. Anubis C. Soundwave

Anubis C. Soundwave Ruler of the World

Fan artist & writer here.

I'm called Anubis Soundwave here. I like animation, and want to produce some cartoons someday.

I do enjoy writing fan fiction, especially crossovers. I also like drawing fan art--but need to work ever-harder on that.

I'm from North Charleston, SC, aged 30.

18. Leaping Larry Jojo

Leaping Larry Jojo Searching for a map

I do wish more people would contribute to this forum. I'd also like to see some more threads sharing tips and techniques of how they do their art. Bic's thread is a good example of what I'm talking about.

19. James

James Administrator
    Staff Member Moderator

I whole heartedly agree LLJ.

All I can recommend is that people post threads asking for tips/techniques and that would be a great way to get them rolling!

20. cartoon_crazy130

cartoon_crazy130 Chaotic is a cool toon.

hey! i want to be a cartoonist for cartoonnetwork when i get older. i draw cartoons 97% of the time! when im not on forums or playing pokemon video games,or collecting cartoon-related stuff!:D for christams i am thinking of asking for a scanner so i can posy my pictures.well....later!

:)