1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

Introduce Yourself To The Drawing Board!

Discussion in 'The Drawing Board' started by James, Apr 2, 2003.

1. Johnny Blaque

Johnny Blaque Member

Hello all! I'm Johnny Blaque and you may know me from nowhere! I use this name alot so you may have spotted me somewhere but I doubt it.

I like to draw, try to animate, and other stuff.

Did I mention I tend to be very vague and confusing at times also?

As for how I draw, you can see a Oekaki I did on the *duh* Oekaki board on this site.

:yakko:

2. James

James Administrator
    Staff Member Moderator

Welcome! Nice to see a new face to the thread! Look forward to seeing some work HERE! :p

3. Outlander00

Outlander00 Another Stand Alone Complex

Welcome, Johnny Blaque! I am glad we are starting to get some fresh blood around here... theres only so many times you can stare at the Brits face :p

4. Stu

Stu Marvel Animation Age Webmaster
    Staff Member Administrator

Well, insult the supposed 'cute' one all you like but I draw the line at insults of brits. Methinks it time we edited that France Bashing thread :p

5. Outlander00

I was referring to the "cute" one :p

6. James

James Administrator
    Staff Member Moderator

ooo, I 'm almost scared to post... oh wait a minute - no I'm not! Get back into your hole Outlander!

Since this thread seems pretty successful I may consider the art thread where you can talk about current art trends in fine art, illustration, comics, etc - or suggest work or artists that might be worth looking at or working from..

In the meantime, I'm thrilled that everyone is making use of the thread. A *wave* to Tiamat and Starscream who are starting to show their faces on the forum!

7. Ikwig

Ikwig is wishing. . .

Yes, please! :) I think a thread like that would be both fun. . . and useful! ;)

8. Kylewayne

Kylewayne Mrs. Outlander00

I guess it's my turn....

Hello^^

*Narrator starts to read*

Kylewayne is the lady that mods several sites. She's always good for a session of "let's see what's wrong with you today", which annoys X amount of people to no end. She's like the partial of the mother they never wanted. Or the partial of anything, for that matter. She is a "Catty" woman and her favorite weapons(in chats, IM's and posts) are her razor sharp claws, her slaps and her stabs. She is also a pain in the butt at times but she is fun, lovable and mysterious. She also draws as a hobby since she did not go to fashion designing school but opted to study to become a French teacher instead. Don't ask me, I just write this.

Just for the fun of it here is Salvor's introduction:

Salvor:
    Salvor was a soldier for Louis XVI, until he went AWOL, angry and bitter. (With a name like Salvor, I'm not surprised.) After spending several years wandering the lands, he accidently comes across a really hot chick that seems available, named Kylewayne, and things just go from there.

*sticks out tongue*

PS: A big thanks to SK! *huggles*

9. Barb Gordon

Barb Gordon Nin-Mod

ooo, this is so much fun! I think there are still some others out there that need to spill the beans on themselves, hehe, but we've gotten quite a group already! Nice to see what a lovely bunch of wackos we are, group hug! *huggle*

~Barb

10. Patrick Bateman

Patrick Bateman Telling it like it is

*spills the beans*

Heyhey! I'm Batman Year One (it sounded like a good SN at the time :p ), more effectionately (and easier on the keyboard) referred to as BYO. I don't post as much as I used to, thanks to a scanner that slows my poor compy down to snail-speed. :p So mainly I contribute to the monthly contests, and check out all the cool stuff you guys post. :cool: I'm a pretty lighthearted, and usually have a one-liner for anything you could possibly say. :D Whether they're good or not is another story...

11. Jeff Harris

Jeff Harris Creator/Webmaster, TXB

And now I'm ready to have fun.

Wait. That should have been the last sentence I wrote in my bio. Here is what you need to know about me.

Name's Jeff Harris, animation fanatic and historian (alright, I'm no Jerry Beck and I didn't write a book about it [yet :D], but I know my fair share), Toonami mod, Toon Zone contributor, and the creator/webmaster of one of the net's oldest Toonami fansites, CNX: Toonami Revolution. I'm a recent graduate of Old Dominion University with a BFA in Illustration/Graphic Design and a minor in English.

Nowadays, I'm becoming involved with several comic projects, including a pair of comic strips (one martial-arts comedy/action and another sci-fi/comedy), a couple of traditional superhero projects, and a couple of non-traditional projects, one of which is this multilayered project known as Centauri (I've been working on this since around 2000, and I think I got the hang of it).

Though I see myself as more of a writer than an artist, I still draw every chance I get. My artistic influences are Akira Toriyama, Humberto Ramos, Denys Cowan, ChrisCross, Bill Amend, and Aaron McGruder.

I knew this Drawing Board had existed for a while, but I never posted in it. Guess I was afraid to post a pic of mine. But now, I think I'm ready to play with the rest of you guys. Hopefully, I'll learn a little something around here as well.

And now I'm ready to have fun.

12. Bic

Bic Acid-filled Twinkies!!!

Aloha, the name is Bic! I came into drawing by accident back in high school many, many years ago, when a friend of mine took me to a comic store which on one wall was all these drawings that the customers would do. I wanted to do one too (and to my eternal shame, the owner still has that gawd-awful drawing). Back in the early nineties, I had one fan image published in Wizard Magazine which caused me to be the last minute 'local artist' guest at a small comic-con in Honolulu. Feeling jaded, I prepared a portfolio and headed to San Deigo Comic-con the next year ('93 I think). I was shocked to learn that what I had thought as pretty good, after all in Liefeld could get a comic, anyone could, was pretty considered mediocre by some of the pros that interviewed myself. Granted, I always seemed to be the last one interviewed, so they were tired but kind. (The guy from milestone and the lady from Vertigo was actually very nice!) However, since I was young (and the only artist in my family for many generations, as my mother tells me), it seemed as if all my hopes were dashed. So I quit drawing.

Until about '95. My workplace had an art contest, so I entered it. I didn't win, but I found that I enjoyed drawing, but I had to re-learn a lot of the trade all over again. So today, when I draw it's usually for fun, and to releive stress from the daily grind (which is why it's ok to draw on your notes!).

Influences are many. John Byrne, Alan Davis, Masumune Shirow, Dan Jurgens, Jim Lee, Olivia, Luis Royo, Fujishima Kosuke, Tokishi Yui, Bruce Timm... to name a few. (Also my best friend, Shin who always challenges me art duels from time to time and my mom, who early on bought me a book about portraits becuase she said didn't like me drawing 'big-breasted bimbos' as she called it. :) )

I have three art styles, according to Shin. Realstic , comic , and animation (which has come about it the last couple of years, thanx Timm!) ...plus I occasionally do some CG Coloring as well.

....oh! I was only supposed to say my name. Gomen ne.

13. James

James Administrator
    Staff Member Moderator

Bic we OBVIOUSLY know - in particular for the great Feb contest submissions (any for April?) :p

Jeff - welcome on board - look forward to see you come out of the artist closet, so to speak!

14. Mek

Mek Digestive Juices

Awwright, here's information on me. ^_^

Okay, my username here is Mekairinek. (Which is a mish-mash of Mekaneck from MotU and Kairi from Kingdom Hearts. What can I say? 'the parasite eve' wouldn't fit! :D) You can call me KatiAnne though. ;) I love to draw, I've been drawing almost all my life, self-taught to some degree. I just recently started getting serious about my artwork, and someday I hope to be either a character designer for a video game or an artist for children's books. (I'm in the process of working on my own, which is a Christian Kids book. I'm hoping it'll be very different from the stuff that's out there now in that market) I'm also a very nice person, though sometimes I can be just a bit *too* grouchy sometimes. XD

If you couldn't tell, I love to draw stuff from 'He-Man and the Masters of the Universe'. However, I don't draw only that. I do some Nintendo related stuff from time to time (SSBMelee stuff and Legend of Zelda), a bit of Kingdom Hearts for my brother and the occasional VeggieTales picture. :) I also have my own original characters and series, but I'm still trying to make it 'perfect'.

Ummm, yeah. That's me.

15. TriSaber

TriSaber Member

It occurs to me that I haven't really formally introduced myself. :eek: Anyway, here goes.

Name: TriSaber
    Real Name: Unrevealed (Hee! As the Flash once said, "Chicks dig that whole 'Man of Mystery' thing.")
    Occupation: Professional graphic artist (No, really! Scout's honor!)
    Identity: Secret (This is the Internet, after all.)
    Marital Status: Married (NOT!)
    Group Affiliation: Toon Zone, DCU Animated, Animation Insider
    Base of Operations: Nova Scotia, Canada (Canada's Ocean Playground)

I've been a professional graphic artist for the past decade, but I really started drawing when I was about six years old. I'm really into the Golden Age DCU as well as the Transformers. I've been a Transformers fan ever since they first came out in 1984. But I've always been fascinated by the Golden Age of the DCU primarily because of the rich history of the DC cast of characters (and my personal interest in the World War II era). Likewise, I've always been a bigger fan of the JSA than the JLA, and I always looked forward to the two teams joining forces anually in the pages of Justice League of America. I'm big into fantasy and science fiction film and literature (my movie collection is vast, to say the least), and I love to play 8-ball when I'm relaxing with my friends after a hard week's work. I guess the biggest super-hero influcences on my work have been Superman and Spider-Man. Among the professionals that have influenced me over the years are John Byrne, Walt Simonson, Berni Wrightson, Jim Aparo, Neal Adams ... and of course, the King himself Jack Kirby.

Well, that's it for now. Glad to be here! See ya.

#35 TriSaber, Apr 10, 2003
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 14, 2003
  16. Outlander00

You are welcome as always mekairineck (now that I know how to spell your screen name [because it makes sense now :p]).

Hopfully we will get to see more of your work! :)

ACK!! You ARE a professional!!

Thats all we need... a ringer in our midst! *starts packing his supplies* :p j/k :)

Seriously though...

Welcome TriSaber, and I think we can all say that we will all benefit from your skills :)

17. James

James Administrator
    Staff Member Moderator

Got an email from our Frozen buddy. He has some personal issues as well as lack of net, so he's a little out of action for some time longer. He wishes everyone the best.

I think the guy feels left out! Wave hi to the icy guy!

18. Outlander00

hey Frosty!! :p

19. Good Ol' Batmanuel!

Good Ol' Batmanuel! Dressing for success?

*grabs the letter H and the letter I and waves them to and fro*

20. Kylewayne

Kylewayne Mrs. Outlander00

Ooo! Another Canadian on board...*waves hello* & a professional too.
    Nice to finally know who some people are^^

Hi FROZEN! *pelts him with snowballs*