Introduce Yourself To The Drawing Board!

Discussion in 'The Drawing Board' started by James, Apr 2, 2003.

1. James

James Administrator
    Staff Member Moderator

This thread has been done before in a variety of masks and indentities - however for now, I plan this to remain fixed and allow anyone new to posting here a place to say hi! Maybe tell everyone what they are doing.

I see no reason why not to open this thread to DB Vets who have had something interesting happen of late in their artistic ventures which maybe of interest to all.

It's a community thread basically.

If people old and new would like to introduce themselves and tell us what they like that would be a great start.

Only fair I start.

Call me SJJ, I study Illustration at a University in the UK. I moderate this little board. I have a website to which is in my sig links and am currently working on two main projects outside my study. One is the Dark Knight Adventures for the World's Finest Website, and the other are draft designs for another online comic The Diary Of Amber Quinmann.

I hope to Freelance full time once I finish my course of which I will be spending half the second year in the US studying at a University over there.

I also do a little design work for websites as well as any other odd jobs people ask of me...

Okay.. next?

2. TimTwoFace

TimTwoFace Mod, and Minotaur Bait

How fitting that I'm the second post in this thread. ;)

Anyway, my screen name is TimTwoFace 'round these parts. You may remember me from such newsletters as Batman: The Animated Newsletter and websites like Two-Face's Tower of Tranquility and Terror. At Toonzone you can just call me Tim (as it's my name), and the Drawing Board is one of the four boards I currently moderate.

Erm...I don't know what else to say. I'm a big Batman fan, and that's why I'm at TZ to begin with. If you want to know anything else, just ask. My life's an open book - you may read it.

-Tim

;-Y

3. Stu

Stu Marvel Animation Age Webmaster
    Staff Member Administrator

Now then

I am The Red Bird. I have been posting here a couple of months now. When I post a pic, I usually ask/want your opinion on how I can make it better. I have difficulty drawing a lot of characters, i.e Batman, Superman and any women so tend to stick to Spider-man characters because I am more familier with them. As shown, I am also piss poor at spelling :p .

I am English, at college studying Business and perhaps next year I will attempt an art course. I don't consider random sploge of paint art. To me, art must take a talent (or for someone like me, trying to develop a talent.)

I usually ink/colour pics by hand (not one for using a computer to do a mans job :cool: ). I recently started shading pics and one day I will hopefully win one of those monthly polls.

I am currently thinking of ideas on how to "make this board cooler". My 1 suggestion is currently being considered. I plan to make more soon.

I upload most of my pics that I draw and they can be found at my MSN Group (stop booing! :p )

http://groups.msn.com/picsidrewanduploaded/pictures.msnw?page=1

4. Good Ol' Batmanuel!

Good Ol' Batmanuel! Dressing for success?

My name is Hans. Drinking has ruined my...oops! Wrong guy. ;)

I am Good Ol' Batmanuel!, as indicated to the left. I've been coming to the Drawing Board the entire time I've been a T.Z. member, but due to lack of scanning equipment and such, I've only posted a couple of times. My first "official" post is in this thread, though I've posted a couple of others within other threads. I have around 25 drawings of mine in an MSN group, but haven't really promoted them here. Maybe someday, if I can find a good reason to do so and if you people want to see them.

I have played around with the idea of making a comic book or three, but none of my ideas have fully come to fruition. I did draw a six page comic in Ancient Medieval History class once upon a time, but didn't follow it up with more issues. I continue to draw the same characters through the years, making slight changes to them depending on my tastes at the time, but no major projects yet.

Most of my drawing time now is devoted to doodling and being annoyed when I develop a doodle that I think is cool, but started it on lined paper, in a margin or over writing or another doodle. :p I have done serious works and have even sold a few of them, but nothing like that for quite a while now. I really have to feel like doing something ambitious and I often lack the motivation to do so. (the "contest of the month" could change that, though! :D) The biggest thing I'm working on right now is a drawing of a bunch of supervillains all together, with about 25 done so far, with room for 25 more!

With all of this talk about The Green Hornet lately, I'm thinking a cool drawing for me to do would have The Green Hornet and Kato along with Batman and The Gray Ghost (Bruce's childhood hero who is very similar to the Green Hornet)! :)

5. Pyro

Pyro Active Member

Hiya folks! :)

Around here I'm called Pyro~ManiacX (I am also self dubbed as the Smiley King of Toonzone:D). I am a huge Spider-Man fan ([​IMG] Woohoo!) and I also like X-Men, Batman, animation, Harry Potter, Scooby-Doo, Young Justice, smileys, fire, and other stuff. I love to draw, otherwise I wouldn't be here, but I don't post many of my drawings because I'm always kind busy, and I mostly just sketch a lot of uncomplete drawings. In the future, I hope to have many more drawings posted, and I will have a site that will be good... I hope. but for now this is me ---> [​IMG].

:D

So [​IMG] and I'm going to my home now.[​IMG]

#5 Pyro, Apr 2, 2003
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 8, 2003
  6. Barb Gordon

Barb Gordon Nin-Mod

Oh what fun, now we can go into detail of our freakiness, hehe.

My name is Barb Gordon, most people are familiar with me and anyone can feel free to use that name, Babs, Barb, Barbara, or whatever else you feel like. I have a site that is hosted by Toonzone called The Trapeze, those that really love Nightwing and/or Oracle are probably familiar (I hope) with it, if not...you should be! I moderate a few boards on TZ and have frequented this particular board for a good while. I don't post a whole lot of works myself, tending to check and give feedback for other people's works, but I do get a sketch up now and again. They normally tend to be of Nightwing in some form or another, no matter how much I've tried to branch out, hehe.
    I'm a freshman majoring in English Lit. at a private uni in my home state of California at the moment. I'm a big fan of Batman, specifically Nightwing, and Star Wars, LOTR, Harry Potter. Feel free to IM if you're ever compelled to: WF Barb Gordon

~Barb

7. wriggle

wriggle Wriggly Worms!

:) Hey all. I'm Wriggle, or Miss Wriggle (thanks Tim! ;) ) and I'd like to think that I'm a member of the younger generation here at the TZ, in membership *and* physical age.
    Currently I'm living in New Zealand and I'm fifteen years old ;) So I'm slighty younger than a lot of people here. And I've only made like, 1/50th amount of posts compared to a lot of other members. They have seniority ;)

Most of the time I'll just tell you how cool I think you're pics are, and what I like about them. Me not being well trained in the area of Arts, I dont feel it's my place to critise others, when I know that mine aren't up to nearly their standards. :D
    Occasionally (*very* occasionally) I'll post something of my own. Almost always in CG on account of my scanner wont scan anything less than a black marker. So I really haveta colour things on the computer, which is shame cause I dont really know how to use our software to my advantage.

But I'm here to learn, and I find that if I can see what other people have done, then I can try out using their methods. :p

Normally I'm the one who will make those weird *squueeeeeees'* that pop up on your thread. That means I like what I see :D (It's a *good* thing!) And I'm the one that always tells you useless information, and doesnt really help.

But that's me, really. And before you ask, yes, I *am* obsessed with My Little Ponies, that and Xmen Evolution. Deal with my freakiness, and I'll deal with yours :)

*takes a bow* Thankyou

8. Lucky Bob

Lucky Bob I'M BRIAN BLESSED

I'm luckybob1985. I'm no artist, but I'm a confirmed art critic, Delaney Sketch colorer, and I'm currently standing by to help out with the upcoming ToonZone drawing archive.

If I like your work, you'll hear about it. If I don't like it, you'll hear about it. If I'm indifferent, you probably won't hear about it.

What else? Oh yeah.

I like pie.

That counts for something, doesn't it?

9. Ramso

Ramso Wants to be syndicated

My name is Ramso.

I'm currently doing a comic strip for my college paper about beatnik superheroes fighting crime.

Also, I'm very, very interesting and amazingly verbose.

That last line was sarcastic.

10. Salvor

Salvor You can't take a picture of it

Hi, I'm Sally and I haven't had a drink of alcohol in about two weeks.

:D

11. James

James Administrator
    Staff Member Moderator

Art critics as well.. excellent - nice term Luckybob! We'll see if we can look at ideas for the Drawing Board this weekend.. Nice to see some old and new faces popping up! This is what I like to see!

Miss Wriggle... hehe. Look forward to seeing some of your back catalogue Good Ol' Batmanuel!

12. Outlander00

Outlander00 Another Stand Alone Complex

Hello boys and girls... I am Outlander00. I am one of the few cynical nut cases on the forums which, sometimes, shows up in my art work. I graduated from Pratt Institute (and yes, SJJ, I know what Pratt means in English English :p) in communication Design [with emphasis on Illustration] and, so far, successfully attempting a freelance careeer. I have graphic novel I am working on now, as well as a few other projects. You can count on me to comment on whatever is on here (most of the time, anyway).

Oh yeah, The alien with the beer is with me... So dont piss him off :p

13. Steve Jester

Steve Jester jesteranimefreak was here

You all know me as jesteranimefreak. Highschool artist (although I'm not taking any art classes :confused: )

Curently a sophomore in high school, I basicly draw and write in my spare time.

Right now I'm working on a series of drawings pertaining to my novel Modern Samurai.

That's about it.

14. Ikwig

Ikwig is wishing. . .

Yay!!! :D Thanks for starting this, SJJ. I'm really enjoying getting to read a bit about who everybody is and what they're up to, art-wise!

I'm Ikwig: a college graduate with a degree in history (which means I'm currently employed as a "jill-of-all-trades" - I do lots of little jobs like sewing, geneological research, and jam-making for other people - weird, huh? :p )

I've loved drawing since I was a little kid, but I mostly just do doodles. I also mostly do original stuff, since I have a hard time making characters look exactly as their creators drew them, and that really frustrates me. I also tend to stick with pencil sketches, although I have started messing about with colored pencils and watercolors of late, and, . . . well, I know I've improved!;)

And a little fyi: I first found the Drawing Board because someone had a link to the February Open in his sig; it has since become one of my three favorite forums on TZ. Just thought you should know that the publicity worked!;)

#14 Ikwig, Apr 3, 2003
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 8, 2003
  15. Salvor

Salvor You can't take a picture of it

Alright you win, I'll post something in this thread...

I'm Salvor, I've been posting on the WF (and then TZ) boards for a VERY long time... and of course, on the Drawing Board for quite a while (ever since it was created).

I study business in a *high-ranking* ( ;) ) French business school. I'm 19, soon to be 20 years old. Haven't had a girlfriend in 2 months :p . Got a dog, and one older brother. Love my parents. Love my friends. I'm cheeky.

I've been drawing for a long time, and I started taking it seriously a couple of years ago. I'd disagree with Red Bird and say that to me, drawing requires a lot of time, of hard work, and talent isn't as important as some might think. There are few really talented artists, most of the others are ppl who've studied a lot, drawn A LOT, and developed a style of their own. That's what I'm trying to do anyway.

My influences are: Bruce Timm (obviously, since I started drawing by drawing in his style), Giraud, Loisel, Hugo Pratt, Frank Miller, Trondheim etc (and Mignola, or so it seems)

I don't post art just to show something fun. I always expect critiques. Personally I want to make progress and to me, the only way to do that is to listen to what others think of your work. That's why I don't post much art on the Drawing Board: people here are too nice to criticize :)

16. alienfirst

alienfirst Dragon Queen

Hello all. My name's Tiamat, and I, uh, really haven't posted here at all ^_^;;; I'm a senior in highschool that draws way more than she should, and up until this year, I haven't taken a single art class (I don't really count the torture I went through in graphic arts during 11th grade as an art class). I've been drawing since forever, and I like to think I have decent style of my own. Usually I just do inked and shade pictures, but when I have the time, I pull off a full CG (though it is a 4+ hour ordeal).

My influences come from a lot of different places. Mostly anime, but occasionally something else pops up that sends me in to a drooling frenzy.

17. James

James Administrator
    Staff Member Moderator

Once we sort out the workshops - hopefully that will change.. Frozen has been out of touch this past week so I'll have a word with Harley and see what we can sort out workshopwise...

18. StarScream64

StarScream64 Hero of Time

Hmmm, lessee. I'm StarScream64 (but just because I like you, you can call me StarScream ^_^) and I'm a college freshman majoring in Sociology/Anthropology with no social life and no real interest in anthropology.
    I draw occasionally, whenever I get a flash of inspiration. Only in pencils and occasionally colored pencils. I think my great weakness in drawing is the shading. I just feel like I'm going to ruin it if I don't shade it just right. I just posted my first pic here at the DB last week. Nothing really interesting about me, though. I play video games, read, or, of course, draw in my spare time. As a matter of fact, I think I'm going to draw right now! ;)

19. Lonestarr

Lonestarr Stop eating my sesame cake!
    Staff Member Moderator

Hi, Sally!

Seriously, though, I'm Lonestarr and I've been drawing officially for a couple of months now*. I'm sure you are, have been, or should be familiar with my drawings of Ryoko and Helga Pataki (for the "Mad as a March Hare" contest).

I'm a few months away from a Bachelor's degree in Media Studies - Film at the University of Buffalo. With it, I hope to pursue a career in filmmaking.

I look forward to doing more drawings as soon as I find the time.

* - What this means is, up until a couple of months ago, I hadn't done any real drawings.

20. Outlander00

Outlander00 Another Stand Alone Complex

Dude! Lets get together and film a movie! :D