1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

International Toonami Channels Thread

Discussion in 'The Adult Swim/Toonami Forum' started by aegisrawks, Feb 27, 2015.

1. aegisrawks

aegisrawks Active Member

It seems more and more countries are getting Toonami as a stand alone channel. This is definitely not going to happen in the USA, but its still worth discussing.

Anyway. The latest country to get it is India. I was about to say "First Outside of Asia" then remembered India IS in Asia.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Cynopsis Kids! 02/27/15: Eddie Redmayne's childish behavior; Food Network scores big with kids; Peak inside Ca

[B][I][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][B][CENTER][FONT=Verdana][SIZE=2][COLOR=#FF0000][B]INTERNATIONAL

[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/CENTER]
    [B][B][FONT=Verdana][SIZE=2]Turner Broadcasting[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Verdana][SIZE=2] is launching [B]Toonami, the company’s superhero-centric channel, in India. Toonami already has a significant presence in Asia Pacific in 14 countries including Singapore, Philippines and Hong Kong. In India, the net is being distributed by [B]Taj Television and is available on the country’s leading digital cable platforms across Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata and Bangalore.[/B][/B][/SIZE][/FONT][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/I][/B]

2. RandomMe

RandomMe An Imaginary Friend

Some cable TV providers in India used to receive the Asian version of the channel before the new feed launched. Also there is an FTA Thai version available, it like sister channel Boomerang are available FTA via satellite in the country.

3. Francisque

Francisque Well-Known Member

Mostly Asia, but I very highly doubt that the channel is expanding anywhere in Europe..

As a channel Toonami already existed in the UK, and it was shut down; the EMEA market just doesn't care about this branding anymore, which is why we haven't got a comeback of it (and neither of their shows)
    Asia is more into this genre, and I still don't know if the channel is the pan-Asian version or its own version

4. RandomMe

For some mad reason, it appears that Toonami is so popular in Asia and they got localized channels.
    Also, it's a new feed for India.

5. Francisque

From where do we know this? Remember the Boomerang Netherlands announcement..

6. RandomMe

India already had the Asian feed and they are now getting the localized one.

7. Francisque

I see.. well, there must be a market for it

8. RandomMe

Yes, there is, especially in South East Asia.

9. BlooMac

BlooMac Well-Known Member

I guess Toonami is a success in Asia. Three 24/7 channels is pretty impressive. But they should probably focus on getting more anime. I know they mainly air Western shows, but with only a few American action cartoons currently being in production, they don't have much new content to air.

10. RandomMe

There are anime shows that other broadcasters are airing, for example the South East Asian version of Korean channel Aniplus is airing Attack on Titan.

11. RegularCapital

RegularCapital The Third Dimension

The Boomerang Netherlands announcement was a lack of clarification of what a "fully Dutch" feed was. There's a multitude of sources on the internet confirming the launch of Toonami India, there's two links on my blog.

12. RandomMe

This appears to be a fully localized feed yet I'm not sure in which languages is the channel available. Not sure if there are Hindi, Tamil and Telugu audio tracks there.

13. RegularCapital

14. RandomMe

English only? That caught me by surprise, I was expeccting the channel to be available in at least one national language (Hindi).

15. RegularCapital

Well according to Kidscreen it is and Wikipedia (not exactly to be trusted) says so.

16. RandomMe

But this is just the first step, I'm pretty sure that Hingi, Tamil and Telugu will be added later on.

17. Red Arrow :D

Red Arrow :D Proud Beneluxer

18. RandomMe

If you want to make an Indian feed, make it Indian! No signs of Hindi, Tamil or Telugu, but this is related, in a way, to the early years of CN IN, which was later followed by the "Toon Tamasha" block, first in Hindi, then when enough Hindi content filled up the schedule, Tamil.

19. RegularCapital

20. sasq

sasq Active Member

In italy we didn't have a Toonami channel. but we had Hiro. who was an anime channel owned by.... Mediaset.

[​IMG]

They shut it down in 2011 cause unknown reasons.

Due to it being a pay tv channel. some of its shows air on boomerang Italy.

And mediaset also sold the cartoons/animes they owned to Boing S.p.A (joint venture with turner) in 2013 (http://www.mediaset.it/corporate/chisiamo/storia_it.shtml?7). Turner could launch an italian toonami channel since they own a 49% of the mediaset toons.