1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

Instrumental or Lyrical?

Discussion in 'The Musiquarium' started by Game Freak 4, Apr 24, 2014.

1. Game Freak 4

Game Freak 4 TV Tropes is Ruining My Life!

Are you a fan of music with or without words?
    I, myself, prefer melodies because it really showcases the music better. I can bet a better understanding of the sounds and notes.
    I also believe that instrumental tunes can be used in any situation.

2. Harmonie

Harmonie Foreverrrrr!

I'm somewhere in between. I love Instrumental Classical (and some Jazz), but when it comes to Pop/Rock I much prefer it with Vocals. I think it's because, to be honest, I prefer the instruments used in Classical music. They work together perfectly and speak for themselves. But when it comes to Pop/Rock, it really needs Vocals in my eyes.

3. Dr.Pepper

Dr.Pepper Well-Known Member

Generally speaking I prefer instrumental. Right now I have been listening to a lot of what one might call "lounge" or "chillout" music. Most of it has little to no lyrics. I also almost always prefer the score from a movie rather than the songs. I mostly only like the songs when they are put in the context of the movie.

4. Michael24

Michael24 Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

The only instrumental music I really listen to are film scores. I've never really been into classical music, and I can't stand jazz. (But ironically, I do like some jazz-influenced scores, like Lalo Schifrin's music for Dirty Harry and Bullitt.) I do often enjoy New Age stuff, though, especially the work of David Arkenstone.

Otherwise, most other music I like is pop, rock, country, etc., all with lyrics.

5. Gatordragon

Gatordragon Everybody scream! This is Halloween!

I don't have a preference, but I tend to listen to lyrical songs more often than instrumentals. Most instrumentals I listen to are video game soundtracks.