1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

"Injustice: Gods Among Us" Video Game Talkback (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by James Harvey, Apr 16, 2013.

?

Rate and Comment - "Injustice: Gods Among Us"

1. *****

50.0%
  2. ****1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. ****

50.0%
  4. ***1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. ***

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. **1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. **

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. *1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. *

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1/2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. James Harvey

James Harvey The World's Finest
    Staff Member Administrator Moderator Reporter

What if our greatest heroes became our greatest threat?

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Injustice: Gods Among Us
    Developer: NetherRealm Studios
    Publisher: Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment
    Characters: DC Comics
    Platforms: PS3, XBox360, PC
    Release Date: April 16th, 2013

Synopsis: What if our greatest heroes became our greatest threat? From the indomitable DC Comics and the makers of the definitive fighting game franchise Mortal Kombat comes Injustice: Gods Among Us, a bold fighting game featuring a large cast of favorite DC Comics icons. Set in a world where the lines between good and evil are blurred, players will experience heroes and villains engaging in epic battles on a massive scale. A deep, original story compliments the fighting action that pits many of the great heroes and villains from the DC universe against each other -- Batman, Harley Quinn, Solomon Grundy, Superman, The Flash, Wonder Woman and many others lose their allegiances and fight for Injustice!

Discuss this Game!

Additionally, discuss the new Injustice: Gods Among Us score and soundtrack releases here!

Related Links:
    -Injustice: Gods Among Us Video Game Review (Spoilers)
    -Injustice: Gods Among Us Comic Book Talkback (Spoilers)
    -Would Injustice: Gods Among Us Make A Good Direct-To-Video Animated Feature?

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    Read the The World's Finest review of "Injustice: Gods Among Us"

2. Wonder Woman

Wonder Woman Well-Known Member

It's not too bad of a game. I picked it up and put a few hours in for the story mode and it's pretty enjoyable. I don't like everything about the game but it's pretty fun. I wish the costumes weren't so over the top. These guys did the Mortal Kombat VS DC Universe game from a few years ago right? Why couldn't they just use those simpler designs? The story is pretty good, though. It's a bit over the top and it sometimes gets really out of hand but it's a nice twist on the usual heroes versus heroes trope that we get in the comics. There's enough of a twist that at least keeps it from getting stale. The fighting is pretty good and so far I'm doing a fine job getting a hold on all of the combos and stuff. It's easy to pick up I'd say. Anyone else playing it?

3. Shawn Hopkins

Shawn Hopkins TZ Member of the Year 2013

I really like this game. The story mode is epic and the fighting system is simple enough to learn, but has a lot to master if you want to get deeper into it. I would say that, barring a couple of classics like Street Fighter 2 and Marvel Vs. Capcom 2, it's my favorite fighting game ever.

Avoid the WiiU version of this unless it's your only option. It has better graphics, but worse online and no access to the bonus IOS costumes.

4. Wonder Woman

Has anyone picked up the collector's edition? Is the included comic just a regular comic book or is it a trade?

I've finally had the guts to try some online battles and I got my butt handed to me quite a bit. There are some great players out there who mastered this game pretty quickly. Looks like I'll need more training. Has anyone else here given the game a shot?

5. James Harvey

James Harvey The World's Finest
    Staff Member Administrator Moderator Reporter

6. Shawn Hopkins

Good review. You hit one of the most important points, which is, even if you don't care for D.C. character or the story, this is still one of the best and most fun fighting games in years. It's miles above Mortal Kombat Vs. D.C. Universe, for example. And it's a fun fighting game for normal people, you don't have to be any kind of expert or competitive player to enjoy it.

Personally, I liked some of the costumes, though. They do go for a grittier look, but that fits the world and story. I really like Wonder Woman's Regime look, and honestly her basic costume with pants is better than what she's got in the comics now. Harley has some very cool looks, too, her red and green hair is inspired. But I would like it if they would release a pack of classic skins with the basic and familiar spandex costumes. The lack of a classic Captain Marvel without a rag on his head is an oversight that should be fixed, for example. I can't complain about content, this is the most content packed fighting game ever, including skins. All of the characters have two costumes and some have 3 or 4, I think Superman has five. So I wouldn't mind if the classic skins pack was extra DLC.

7. Shawn Hopkins

These are from Injustice's Facebook page. Looks like some classic skins are on the way for Harley, Cyborg and Deathstroke. Wonder Woman's getting a new one, too, but it's not the bikini.

[​IMG]

Cyborg's classic 80s skin.
    [​IMG]

8. Wonder Woman

It looks like Wonder Woman is getting that revamped costume she wore during that "The Odyssey" arc that was half-written by JMS.

Is anyone else playing this game? It seems to be doing really, really well in sales so I imagine a few TZers here must be playing. Any favorite characters or arenas? Thoughts on the story? I'm curious if anyone else is enjoying the game as much as I am, and I'm more of a Marvel guy.

9. Shawn Hopkins

Oh, the skins don't come with the season pass, I guess. That's kind of a misleading term, then. When you buy a season of something you expect to get everything in it, not part of it.

Lobo is a pretty good character, but he only has one costume. So no Space Pope Lobo. And no STAR Labs missions for Lobo, either.

10. MDawg

MDawg Nerfariously planning

11. Wonder Woman

I guess no one else is really playing this.

I am really disappointed that the latest skin aren't part of the season pass. Will they part of it eventually? Like Shawn above it seems dishonest to say a season pass will give those who buy it access to everything and then a couple weeks later we don't get new DLC. I better be able to get Batgirl through the season pass.

12. TnAdct1

TnAdct1 Ravioli, Ravioli

Based on how it's advertised, the season pass is meant to to consist of just the four DLC characters (which means Batgirl will be part of the pass) and the Flashpoint costumes. Given how Injustice is supposed to have a few more skin packs on the way, it probably would have resulted in a more expensive season pass, hence the decision to limit it to just the DLC characters (which is pretty much the main thing that people will be interested in when it comes to Injustice DLC).

13. Daxdiv

Daxdiv Does this look like the face of mercy?

From my experience with Season Passes in other games, they're mostly just for big expansions. Like Call of Duty's Map Packs or Borderlands 2 added campaigns. Borderlands 2 does have extra DLC for costumes for their main characters, but they're not a part of the season pass, along with the 5 extra character, Gaige the Mechromancer. So I'm not surprised that the Season Pass for Injustice is just for the added fighters.

As for the game, I did get it recently, though it does just remind me of how much I suck at fighting games in general, especially ones like Mortal Kombat. ::sweat:

14. The Talon

The Talon Active Member

15. Nightwing26

Nightwing26 Active Member

Those are all good characters that I would like to see... Can we just have all of them?

Also, is there any way we will get a Dick Grayson as Batman alternate? DG as Batman and Damian Wayne was the best thing to happen to Batman in the comics ever, and we totally lost all of that, so at least I want to experience it a bit more...

16. Gold Guy

Gold Guy Ride On
    Staff Member Moderator

Man, from those, I would really love to play as Blu Beetle, Static, Zatanna, Fate, Power Girl, and Swamp Thing. Nightwing26 is right; why can't they all be playable?

17. Stu

Stu Marvel Animation Age Webmaster
    Staff Member Administrator

I've just bought the game online. How does the interaction with the iPhone game work? I've read that alternate costumes can be unlocked via the phone, is that true? (Apologies for not looking this up myself, I am trying to avoid spoilers for the main story)

18. Shawn Hopkins

Yes, by playing the mobile game you can get Knightfall Bane, Batman Beyond, New 52 Green Lantern, Arkham Harley, and one character that is a spoiler for the end of the console game. The first four are relatively easy to get, but to get the spoiler skin requires beating all of the battles in the mobile game. You can only beat the last battles with three max level characters, so it's an insane grind, I'm talking weeks of daily playing here. The mobile game has an energy system designed to slow progression down, too. A character is only good for three battles before it has to rest for two real-time hours before it can fight again. You can beat this by manipulating your device clock but, honestly, the spoiler skin isn't really worth the effort. But by all means get it for the others, they're kind of cool. You can also use the mobile game to unlock backgrounds and portraits for your "hero card" that identifies you in online battles.

I was in Wal-Mart today and saw the Wal-Mart version has exclusive Batman, Catwoman, and Joker Arkham City skins. They looked pretty cool, especially the more traditional Batman. I like the Red Son skins I got from GameStop but this retailer exclusive content annoys me. I want to be able to get it all without having to choose.

19. Stu

Stu Marvel Animation Age Webmaster
    Staff Member Administrator

Thank you. Are the Batman Beyond etc skins easy enough to acquire? I'm on the 3rd screen of the main menu, I am struggling to beat Bane to be truthful.

20. Shawn Hopkins

New 52 Green Lantern and Knightfall Bane are falling off a log easy. After you enter your WB ID all you have to do for Knightfall Bane is follow a link in the app to rate it. Green Lantern is unlocked after winning one battle.

Arkham Harley requires getting a Joker card with in game currency. The characters are unlocked by cards, bronze, silver and gold, each tier costs more in-game currency. You can take a chance and buy a pack that gives a random card for that tier, too, a great deal unless you want a specific card. The first Joker is on the silver tier, so he's not too expensive.

Batman, though, is only on the gold tier. Saving up for him takes a lot of grinding and earning currency.

But that's nothing compared to the spoiler character. To be strong enough to beat the final battles you need to buy three gold cards, then five additional copies of those same cards to get them to elite level five. 18 cards all told for a winning team, plus leveling them up to level 40 with xp from fights and leveling all their skills with currency. It is, as I said earlier, insane.

The game also gives you the option to buy its space bucks with real world currency. I estimate that buying enough for a winning team would cost $300. I did not forget a period there.