1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

"Injustice 2" Video Game Pre-Release News & Discussion (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by James Harvey, Jun 8, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. James Harvey

James Harvey The World's Finest
    Staff Member Administrator Moderator Reporter

The official press details and trailer can be found below for Injustice 2:

WARNER BROS. INTERACTIVE ENTERTAINMENT ANNOUNCESINJUSTICE 2
    Build the Ultimate Version of Your Favourite DC Characters
    in the Super-Powered Sequel to NetherRealm Studios’ Injustice: Gods Among Us

Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment and DC Entertainment today announced Injustice 2, the super-powered sequel to the hit gameInjustice: Gods Among Us. The newest game in development from the award-winning NetherRealm Studios features a massive roster of DC Super Heroes and Super-Villains and allows players to build and power up the ultimate version of their favourite DC characters. Injustice 2 will be available for the PlayStation®4 computer entertainment system and Xbox One in 2017.

“In Injustice 2, we are introducing new features that will change the way fans play fighting games,” said Ed Boon, Creative Director, NetherRealm Studios. “We’re always interested in pushing the genre forward and allowing players to customize and level-up their favorite DC Super Heroes and Super-Villains is a significant leap.”

“Expanding the DC Universe in games continues to be one of our top priorities, and Injustice 2 showcases amazing gameplay and an original story to bring the characters to life for players,” said David Haddad, President, Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment. “NetherRealm Studios is offering fans an experience of customizing and battling with DC’s iconic characters in anApp StoreandGoogle Play.

For more information or to join the Injustice 2 conversation, visitwww.injustice.comor find us @injusticegame onFacebookandTwitter.

About Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment

Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment, a division of Warner Bros. Home Entertainment, Inc., is a premier worldwide publisher, developer, licensor and distributor of entertainment content for the interactive space across all platforms, including console, handheld, mobile and PC-based gaming for both internal and third party game titles.

About NetherRealm Studios
    NetherRealm Studios is a leader in the development of interactive entertainment, and the creator of the billion dollar Mortal Kombat franchise. Mortal Kombat has spawned two theatrical films, multiple television series, and has sold over 40 million games to date. Located in Chicago, Illinois the award-winning NetherRealm team has been working and creating games together since 1992. Additional information about NetherRealm Studios can be found atwww.netherrealm.com.

About DC Entertainment
    DC Entertainment, home to iconic brands DC (Superman, Batman, Green Lantern, Wonder Woman, The Flash, etc.), Vertigo (Sandman, Fables, etc.) and MAD, is the creative division charged with strategically integrating across Warner Bros. and Time Warner. DC Entertainment works in concert with many key Warner Bros. divisions to unleash its stories and characters across all media, including but not limited to film, television, consumer products, home entertainment, and interactive games. Publishing thousands of comic books, graphic novels and magazines each year, DC Entertainment is one of the largest English-language publishers of comics in the world.

• Like Like x 1
  2. jaylop97

jaylop97 Commonly found at Night

Yeah I remembered looking up somewhere that Ed Boon was trying to put up a teaser either for the next Mortal Kombat game or Injustice and clearly I thought it would been Injustice as Mortal Kombat just released Mortal Kombat X last year and Injustice in 2013.

Nuff said the graphics look even more improved and the story might be even more exciting, and I am enjoying the game getting a sequel, can't wait to see more in the future of course.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I was wondering when we would finally see the next Injustice game, and that trailer was pretty awesome. I got a big smile on my face when Supergirl showed up :D.

Not sure how I feel about all those armors the heroes are transforming into, but I am curious to see how they'll be implemented in gameplay o_O.

The plot surrounding Batman and the post-Regime society dealing with individuals who want to bring it back, all the while an overarching threat looms, sounds like it'll be an interesting and engaging story :).

Atrocitus and Grodd joining the roster is pretty cool, and I'm definitely curious to see how Grodd fights :cool:.

I wonder what the voice cast will look like? Will they get Nicholle Tom to reprise Supergirl? John DiMaggio as Grodd? Jonathan Adams as Atrocitus?

EDIT 6/11: Gameplay video featuring Supergirl, Atrocitus, and Grodd:

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. Troy Troodon

Troy Troodon Well-Known Member

Supergirl's voice sounds familiar, but I can't quite make where I heard it from. (I doubt it's Camilia Luddington reprising from Infinite Crisis) I think might... might be Tony Todd voicing Atrocitus, and Ike Amandi might be Gorilla Grodd, if not Fred Tatasciore.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I thought Supergirl sounded exactly like Laura Bailey :).

6. Troy Troodon

Yeah, I can kind'a hear Laura, but we'll see. Although... I don't like the look of Supergirl's face. Something about it looks... Nhegh...

7. TFormersMarvel

TFormersMarvel Active Member

Can't get enough Injustice 2 gameplay? Well, you're in luck:

Ed Boon Commentates about Gameplay and Gear System (15 mins):

Same video as the above, without commentary (15 mins):

Additional 8 minute long video:

• Like Like x 1
  8. Mostezli

Mostezli Corroborating with EVIL

• Like Like x 1
  9. Troy Troodon

Indeed Wonder Woman is in it, and so is Blue Beetle. I want to say that's Eric Lopez reprising, but I don't know.

Anyway, new trailer with Harley Quinn and Deadshot.

I think it's safe to say Tara Strong decided to do her own thing with the character and try not to sound exactly like Arleen Sorkin.

As for Deadshot... I don't know if it's actually a variant for Deathstroke. And I wanna say that's Matthew Mercer voicing him, but I just don't know at this point.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Yeah, Matthew Mercer was my first guess for Deadshot :).

Harley returning was pretty much a given, but it's still nice to see her, and she's looking pretty good in that trailer and in those outfits :D.

And of course her Hyena's are now part of her fighting style :p.

Deadshot's a nice surprise :cool:.

11. James Harvey

James Harvey The World's Finest
    Staff Member Administrator Moderator Reporter

Warner Bros. has released a new story trailer for the upcoming Injustice 2. The upcoming title streets May 2016. Check the trailer below.

• Winner Winner x 1
  12. Otaku-sempai

Otaku-sempai Well-Known Member

That does make me wonder if Superman in Kingdom Come might have lost is restraint when confronting Joker if Lois

• Like Like x 1
  13. Troy Troodon

• Like Like x 2
  14. WebMasterSage

WebMasterSage Obey the Pecking Order.

Black Canary Joins the Battle.

I have to say, she sounds Awesome.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Troy Troodon

Who voices her here?

• Winner Winner x 1
  16. WebMasterSage

WebMasterSage Obey the Pecking Order.

Dunno. But I Approve of her VA.

17. Troy Troodon

Actually something I just found out, Matt Mercer, who allegadly started voicing Deadshot before, didn't complete his work due to his involvement in the voice-actors strike, so they replaced him. In fact, both he and Troy Baker, and possibly Richard Epcar too, may not be in the game due to the strike.

• Informative Informative x 1
  18. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I'm 90% sure that's Vanessa Marshall reprising from Young Justice. Which I completely approve :D.

And from those brief bits with Jaime unmasked, I'm guessing Antony Del Rio is Blue Beetle? It sounds like him.

That...would explain why Deadshot sounds so different in the new gameplay videos, or why they're heavily modulating his voice now :ack:.

Kinda disappointed to find out Netherealm is part of the issue with the voice actors strike :(.

19. Troy Troodon

Definitely has a similar tone, and yeah Antony was my guess for Beetle to.

Aye, if only the gaming industry treated it's talent pool as fairly as in animation, hence why Rob Paulsen and the like have it easy there.

Also, who's betting that's Patrick Seitz taking over?!

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I wonder if this means they're going to have to recast Harley too, given Tara Strong is part of the strike as well :ack:?

Be kind of funny if Seitz becomes to Matthew Mercer what Mercer was to Troy Baker :p.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.