1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

"Inhumans" Pre-Release Discussion (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Marvel Live-Action Movies and Television' started by MDawg, Oct 28, 2014.

1. Gold Guy

Gold Guy Ride On
    Staff Member Moderator

Not really. Marvel Studios doesn't usually chime in to debunk rumors; In fact, Gunn usually debunks rumors regarding Guardians 2 himself. I guess Marvel just doesn't bother. :p

• Like Like x 1
  2. Spideyzilla

Spideyzilla Well-Known Member

I know. But this is bigger than the average rumour is my point.

3. Gold Guy

Gold Guy Ride On
    Staff Member Moderator

Haha, yeah, this rumor is definitely bigger in scale than any character rumor for GotG 2. But even the Planet Hulk film rumors back in the day were, AFAIR, never officially debunked by Marvel Studios, until Ruffalo said that Universal still had solo Hulk rights.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

I don't think Marvel Studios needs to comment on every single 'news' published on the Internet, true or false. Besides, they're probably too focused on post production for Civil War. The first teaser trailer should be out by next week or the last week of the month. Then Dr. Strange is starting up. Full trailer for Jessica Jones should be out soon. Bigger fish to fry I would guess.

Noticed how a vast majority of them are being killed off on AOS? Plus, Inhumans are not outed per say. Just 'alien invasion' is in the public sphere. Inhumans will probably wind down by the end of season 3 and give way to the next thing like HYDRA pretty much gave way to Inhumans in season 2 but still have a minor role.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. the greenman

the greenman Well-Known Member

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I'm starting to wonder if we'll see the Royal Family debut in another movie before we ever actually see an Inhumans film :sweat:.

It would be nice to introduce them sooner rather then later if only to see Daisy and co. on Agents of SHIELD react to their existence, but it looks like that might be a while...

7. the greenman

Imho, the Inhumans are more locked to the Fantastic Four than Black Panther was. I don't know about the more modern takes, I liked the hidden kingdom on earth and Johnny dating Crystal. I don't know if Marvel will get FF back, but I'd rather them save Inhumans for them. Though rumors suggest if Marvel gets FF back, they'll make it a tv series.

Sent from my LGMS323 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  8. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

4/21: Mmm, not a shock because Spider-Man and Ant-Man and Wasp were added on plus the Disney schedule of movies like Indiana Jones 5. Phase 4 probably.

4/22: As of right now, it's reportedly off the 2019 slate but it's "not dead" and that "it’s just a matter of when Marvel will fire it up."

Like Feige hinted at during Civil War press, they're still figuring out Phase 4 so I think once that's squared -- I think we'll see Inhumans again.

9. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Well, after all the hubbub and buildup to the Inhumans in the TV side, contrasted with all the tension of whether the movie would actually happen or not, it would be nice to see them do something significant with the property and the Royal Family :sweat:.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. BlackoutCreature

BlackoutCreature Well-Known Member

I've said it before, I'll say it again, Inhumans might work as a sub-plot on something like Agents of SHIELD, but I just can't see it carrying a movie on its own. Personally I never found the characters all that interesting, but besides that, the super-powered Royal Court intrigue thing they're best known for would just come off as a retread of the Thor movies. Maximus literally screams "poor-man's Loki".

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

Feige comments
    Confirms my suspicions. Plus I think with Phase 3 being the culmination of everything, ending it on the second Infinity Wars movie is more fitting instead of - 'wait, there's one more!'

12. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Yeah, it would probably be wiser to save off doing the Inhumans for Phase 4, when the momentum of Phase 3 is over and the MCU is going through a relatively fresh start with Phase 4, which is the perfect time to introduce a big, new, concept like the Inhumans and the Royal Family ;).

13. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

Feige's comments on Inhumans' status

14. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I wonder if some of their Inhumans plans will be dependent on their current dealings with Fox...?

15. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

Magic 8 ball says... "Ask again later."

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  16. the greenman

Feige talks Inhumans:

http://www.slashfilm.com/inhumans-movie/

• Like Like x 1
  17. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

That's still super vague :sweat:.

18. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

Like the rest of Phase 4 right now I'd imagine.

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. reflection01

reflection01 Well-Known Member

Phase 4 is pretty clear I imagine. Strange, Captain Marvel, Black Panther, and Spider-Man sequels. Maybe another Ant-Man film. They'll make room for FF if available. If they can acquire FF, maybe Galactus and Silver Surfer are the big bads.

• Like Like x 1
  20. the greenman

Honestly, I think Marvel doing a proper Fantastic Four film would blow us away. Also they can create a very good franchise having every major ancillary characters (Namor, Black Panther, Silver Surfer, Inhumans, Kree and Skrull. Though they won't need to touch on BP, they have enough stories to have more than a trilogy just like they have with Avengers.

• Agree Agree x 1