1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

"Inhumans" Pre-Release Discussion (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Marvel Live-Action Movies and Television' started by MDawg, Oct 28, 2014.

1. Spideyzilla

Spideyzilla Well-Known Member

I'd agree with you all this is early. However, remember BC are the people who broke the story that Fantastic Four was having problems behind the scenes, so they've proven they're not unreliable. As for us seeing inhumans in TV and the movies, didn't Joss Whedon say not long ago Agents of SHIELD isn't canon to the MCU?

2. O-chan

O-chan Active Member

Wow. So all those cameos from Maria Hill, Fury, the Thor extended cast, the big plot twist in Season 1 was just AoS just doing it's own thing. Seriously, from reading the articles concerning Joss' comments it feels like he went through burnout due to all the executive meddling between Ultron and the TV-verse. There doesn't seem to be a Disney/Marvel big wig who is keeping the movie directors/producers egos in check and forcing them to deal with the extended MCU properties. Joss being really attentive to details and trying to tie everything together got involved in the crossfire and had "retired" from the MCU as a result. Personally I'm pretty teed off that these people helming these movies are taking this kind of arrogant attitude toward the other properties and I don't see the point of all these people taking time to create to huge universe just to have a peeing contest of the canonization of all the elements just because it doesn't satisfy their vision.

• Like Like x 1
  3. the greenman

the greenman Well-Known Member

How is that FF news not reliable? The film clearly had problems from jump street. They even promised there would no Dr. Doom in it, and BC wasn't the only ones reporting problematic beginnings.

Also, Feige himself stated he had nothing to do with the television end. I think Jeph Loeb and Perlmutter are going to do whatever they want, so it is what it is.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Spideyzilla

I said not unreliable. I guess I should have tried to be less fancy and said they're reliable, or at least have shown that in the past. BC was among the first to report on the the issues with Trank's behaviour, but you're right other people did report on it.

5. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

It is. It's a quote in a long line of misquoted and misrepeated quotes of Joss Whedon. It's canon. I can't believe people are still asking this question.

The quote, taken out of context I bet, was around Age of Ultron when he was pressed to give an answer about why Coulson isn't in it. It's not like he could blab and say he was busy fighting HYDRA and Inhumans at the time. And let's face it, in such a bloated world building movie -- there was no more space for anymore cameos and explanation.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    #25 Yojimbo, Oct 10, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2015
  6. RoryWilliams

RoryWilliams Well-Known Member

Specifically he talked about the Coulson situation being frustrating because his resurrection and all the subsequent development happened outside of the movies. Which means that if they ever want to bring Coulson back they now have to explain how he's still alive and what he's been up to because there's no guarantee that the people seeing the movies watch the show (in fact statistically, a large number of people don't).

He mentioned how at one point he wanted to have Coulson return Age of Ultron but then he decided against it because adding in another subplot would have screwed up the pacing even more.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Gold Guy

Gold Guy Ride On
    Staff Member Moderator

So....has anyone mentioned that BC's "source" was a conversation at a bar? That doesn't seem very reliable at all.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. RoryWilliams

BC is very hit or miss, I'd keep in mind. They were right about problems behind the scenes but there were a few very prominent stories they started that turned out false (namely that Marvel was rebooting the X-Men in a pocket universe away from the rest of the Marvel heroes or that the final FF arc from last year was going to end with the team splitting up for good even though they're still together at the end).

#28 RoryWilliams, Oct 10, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2015
  9. Spideyzilla

10. RoryWilliams

http://www.comicbookresources.com/a...rdy-captain-marvel-writer-gives-script-update

The latest rumor is that Feige and Marvel Studios never had an interest in making an Inhumans movie but that they had to greenlight it as a compromise with Pearlmutter to get Black Panther and Captain Marvel made.

It sounds suspect as hell though I do buy that Pearlmutter would have shown some resistance to BP and Cap since places like Hollywood Reporter have said he has a reputation as a huge racist and misogynist and has been sued by his minority employees before.

#30 RoryWilliams, Oct 12, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2015
  11. the greenman

If even a hint of truth to this, it definitely confirms they never really had a plan.

Sent from my LGMS323 using Tapatalk

12. Spideyzilla

Oh I have no doubt, but there really is. Vince Gilligan has freely admitted Breaking Bad had no set ending, even as late as when they wrote the first few episodes of the fifth season that they had no clue how it would end. The X-Files is another example of this. Hollywood universes rarely have a plan.

13. Neo Ultra Mike

Neo Ultra Mike Creeping Shadow of "15000"+ Posts

Uh it's been shown in the last two phases they most certainly do have a plan, but it's a very flexiable one that obviously changed over time. Thus why initally Ant-Man which was originally one of the Phase one movies back when the deal was first announced was moved all the way to the end of phase two. But as seen with how Avengers was set up and the idea of the Infinity Stones leading to Infinity War, there was most certainly a plan of some kind, but they still have the freedom to have it change up especially for the newest projects.

Actually if anything, if this rumor is true it just means they were just trying to say they had interest in building up a certain brand, when that clearly was just a way to ensure other brands. And really I can't complain as Inhumans was the Marvel movie announced I was the least looking forward to knowing nothing about it whatsoever. I mean it could of been good (and if it's happening could still be good) but honestly unless Agents of Shield starting gaining a lot more major tractions in other areas then just the show with the Inhumans you'd have to wait until more then just the title and date were announced for it.

• Like Like x 1
  14. the greenman

Well, lets just admit they have no plan beyond the Infinity Gauntlet storyline teased as far back as Thor 1. Then when pressed about if Thanos would go after the gauntlet at Asgard " oh, yeah, well thats a different gauntlet." Cmon man, I have heard better bs from car salespersons. Look, I don't really have a huge problem with them speaking with fork tongue. I get it. They have to be flexible. If they were to get the rights to Fantastic Four tomorrow, they might alter things. Maybe not a film, but plant Silver Surfer and coming of Galactus. Lemme stop that thinking though.

15. Neo Ultra Mike

Neo Ultra Mike Creeping Shadow of "15000"+ Posts

Again a loose plan and one that changes over time does not mean they don't have an overall plan especially when we still have no idea how Infinity Gaunlet and the Infinity War is going to play out. So you really can't be pessemissitc and a naysayer on things that haven't even happened yet. Especially when an overall plan is a very vague one as each movie still feels and exists more as it's own thing and doesn't over load with trying to tease future projects.

Also thinking about it, they may of also just put in Inhumans as a way to hype up the Inhumans stuff that's happening now on Agents of Shield and have the be the focus of the characters then they're own movie or try and use that as rationale why characters are born with certain powers and what not if there aren't and mutants in this Marvel verse.

• Like Like x 1
  16. the greenman

No Inhumans has been in the works since 2009, along with Dr. Strange and BP. I think Iron Fist had a film planned too. If I'm not mistaken, I think they may have stolen Sam Jackson's idea for a solo SHIELD film to make the series. I could be wrong though.

#36 the greenman, Oct 12, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2015
  17. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

Mod Note: Stay on Topic

Bottom line is nothing new. Before these Inhumans articles popped this week, those who follow Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. news already knows that Inhumans could be used but not the core Inhumans like those in the Royal Family which is why we're meeting new Inhumans created for the show mostly if not entirely. After the fact, it remains the same. You won't see Black Bolt or Medusa for example on AOS.

18. reflection01

reflection01 Well-Known Member

But the question remains how AOS will be able to feature a side of the MCU in which Inhumans are becoming publicly known four years before the Royal Family debuts in a movie. Now it's possible the AOS Fall season ends with a deux et machina that negates the presence of all or most Inhumans, but other than that, I don't see how they balance TV and movies for that long.

19. the greenman

20. Spideyzilla

Am I the only one who thinks the fact Marvel hasn't issued a statement is suspect? If this is true, it's major news. If it was a total lie, wouldn't they have come out with a brief statement saying "There is no truth to this, we are committed to Inhumans" or something like that? Yet this talk has gone on a few days now, and nothing.